Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Custom build - 2020 Westfalia Club Joker 4Motion - Offroad build thread

Nifty Velcro storage nets. Perfect for the felt roof of the club joker. Also from Tactic Vans. Got 6 of them.

36d3b8ff27b9bfe5ff082cc2efef073b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, did you install the 12v socket here? Any info? Cheers.

Hi, did you install the 12v socket here? Any info? Cheers.

Yes I sure did. Very useful for charging phones and tablets, etc. and having access to them from the bed. There is also a 12v socket in the top cabinet inside too for my 5G Router.

Yes I sure did. Very useful for charging phones and tablets, etc. and having access to them from the bed. There is also a 12v socket in the top cabinet inside too for my 5G Router.

Which circuit did you tap into,? i know there is some mini trunking running through the wardrobe up to the control panel.

Which circuit did you tap into,? i know there is some mini trunking running through the wardrobe up to the control panel.

I have a very custom setup with a 2000 watt Victron inverter under the fridge in the cabinet where the step is stored. This has a large cable run from the battery and then from that I tapped several other circuits with fuses for various purposes. Both 220v sockets are rewired to the inverter as well. If on EHU this goes via the inverter to switchover.

Finally I rewired the Westfalia charger to the inverter with a remote relay switch so if the starter battery needs a boost or charge I can flip the switch and it will emulate EHU (visible as plugged in on the Westfalia control panel) and charge the starter battery from the inverter and lithium batts. Now 2 batts of 180Ah each for a total of 360Ah under the seats.

I have a very custom setup with a 2000 watt Victron inverter under the fridge in the cabinet where the step is stored. This has a large cable run from the battery and then from that I tapped several other circuits with fuses for various purposes. Both 220v sockets are rewired to the inverter as well. If on EHU this goes via the inverter to switchover.

Finally I rewired the Westfalia charger to the inverter with a remote relay switch so if the starter battery needs a boost or charge I can flip the switch and it will emulate EHU (visible as plugged in on the Westfalia control panel) and charge the starter battery from the inverter and lithium batts. Now 2 batts of 180Ah each for a total of 360Ah under the seats.

Very custom indeed :pinkbanana
I'll have a poke around at some stage see what circuits are nearby.

Back