Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cyclist's and CoronaVirus

You’re absolutely right. What a liberty, we should ban farmers immediately having accidents at a time like this.
As an aside to many of the posters on here....do you not just stop and read your comments and maybe, just maybe...think that your attitude is a little ....well....parochial? Sorry, couldn’t think of a better word, and not meant to be rude at all. But perhaps more liberal thinking might sometimes be in order.
I hope you are well and happy in any case.
Farmers are doing something useful ! And without them we would be ......

Reactions: M&E
The only good thing to come out of Covid 19...
Saw lots of people passing mine on bicycles yesterday.
It was a welcome change to all the cars that pass our house through the day normally.

Less noise, less pollution and people helping the NHS by staying active, fit and healthy.

I wonder if this will be a game changer...?
Perhaps people will realise we don’t need the car as much as we thought we did...

I live in hope:thanks

Less noise, less pollution and people helping the NHS by staying active, fit and healthy.

I wonder if this will be a game changer...?
Perhaps people will realise we don’t need the car as much as we thought we did...

I live in hope:thanks
Less Tinder dates and occasional s3x, less clubbing and ONSs, less parties and unprotected occasional s3x therefore reduction of teenage pregnancies, and less
young single mums.

What is S3x? Don't answer that my brain has just changed the 3 and joined the dots

Just got in from decorating the shed and Wow!!! We're only two weeks into this lock down business and things appear to be getting rather ugly already. Some quite unpleasant comments being posted. Frankly, this is a great forum but I'm starting to question whether I should be spending my spare time more productively.

BTW @RodCouncil apologies accepted.
Where did you get the decorating materials? Not an accusation, just a question.

Just trying not to be banned. I could have used the € sign, but on a British site would be asking for trouble

I don't think you can be banned for typing sex. In fact I don't think you'd be banned for typing Woo Hoo. We're all adults (I hope).
:)

Borris please keep posting, yes this thread and other CV threads are becoming heated.

Strangely this time last year we also had a cyclists thread that went the wrong way.

It is a very stressful time for all and it's showing, not just here but on every form of media that I am associated with. Your contributions are always valid and valuable, if it times to some slightly controversial.
Thanks GJ.
I understand that people are stressed at the moment but I see no reason for rudeness, disrespect or heavy sarcasm. If it continues to increase then I will probably end up looking for something else to do whilst having my brekkie.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with "controversial" if it creates a healthy debate. Unfortunately, some will always see it as a "red flag". I don't hate or even dislike anyone or any group, whatever they are doing or however they decide to dress whilst doing it. However, I do have an issue with anyone not acting with due consideration for others or behaving in a wreckless manner and that includes those in charge of all forms of transport including some apparently thin skinned cyclists.

Apparently if you type fu..ck it comes out as Woo Hoo. Apparently we're not to be treated as grown ups after all.
:(

I had my "taking the P*ss" into "Taking the wee-wee". I think it's an embed in the generic forum software.

Where did you get the decorating materials? Not an accusation, just a question.
I saw that a lock down was coming and bought everything in before hand. The bits and bobs that I've needed since have been ordered online. Everything is taking longer to arrive though. Paint is quite difficult to get online. Clearly you cannot have it mixed but some sites are delivering paint. I used a company called Craig and Rose although their paint still hasn't arrived!

I had my "taking the P*ss" into "Taking the wee-wee". I think it's an embed in the generic forum software.

I'm tempted to try a little experiment... but no, behave STD, behave!
:upsidedown

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, watch my tracer.

Fuc_ck = Woo Hoo
Arse_hole = arsehole
Cu_nt = Bunny
Wan_ker = wanker

Sorry.. :mute :embarrased

Only allowed out once and Dog's needs are a must.
While the recommendation is to only go out once for exercise and for no more than an hour, legally you are permitted to exercise outside the home as often as you like and for as long as you like.

So please don't feel guilty if you go out early morning and again late evening if it helps you and maintains social distance.

While the recommendation is to only go out once for exercise and for no more than an hour, legally you are permitted to exercise outside the home as often as you like and for as long as you like.

So please don't feel guilty if you go out early morning and again late evening if it helps you and maintains social distance.

Except in Wales where it is actually illegal to exercise more than once a day.

You’re absolutely right. What a liberty, we should ban farmers immediately having accidents at a time like this.
As an aside to many of the posters on here....do you not just stop and read your comments and maybe, just maybe...think that your attitude is a little ....well....parochial? Sorry, couldn’t think of a better word, and not meant to be rude at all. But perhaps more liberal thinking might sometimes be in order.
I hope you are well and happy in any case.
Cyclists? I don't have a problem with cyclists.DSCN1646.JPG

Went out late last night with the dogs (local). (Spent the majority of the day replacing my side steps on my Landrover). Still a few people out but a lot quieter. Head torch required for half the walk.

I have to go shopping this afternoon. Cupboards are running low. My local COOP seems to be shutting very early. Wish me luck. Haven't been to a big supermarket in 3.5weeks.

Never had a trip to A&E as a result of cycling or motorcycling.

- Rugby tackle by teacher = ankle (Mother didn't believe me so I dragged my ankle around for two weeks before she relented - fractured bone healing nicely at that stage)
- Ice skating and landing on my collar bone = yes. (Mother moaning, you've broken your collar bond. I hadn't )
- Blood poisoning = yes ( raised red patch on my arm.....quickest I've ever been seen... sub 1min. Cycled up to A&E. Wasnt allowed to cycle back)
- Scalpel slip into my thumb = Doh yes (Work injury.... only had to go because it wouldn't stop bleeding and required stitches)
- Falling down the stairs/ankle again = Yes (Ankle stayed in shut door at the top of the stairs, I fell down the stairs.)
- Ankle lock up = Yes (bone fragments in ankle)

That's about it for the last 40years. The common theme is ankle

My cycling buddy ended up in A&E. Head on with a car. The driver's insurance paid out

[QU
Having little to do, I have just read the entire thread again. I have come to the conclusion that the original premise in the comment above is false.

It is not riding a bike on the A road which is particularly dangerous for cyclists - it is the drivers using the A road which makes it dangerous. The solution appears clear: drivers need to use the highway with due consideration for other road users.

Well done :(

270 posts later, it's just quietening down, and you have to start from the beginning again....

Thanks a bundle :shocked

Week 2 lockdown meltdown... Some folk here need to do some volunteering ;)

I ride a bike now for fitness and to avoid beer belly (used to race many moons ago). I thought we were getting more enlightened in UK but to all the non-cyclists, give it a try now when the roads are quieter and while we're still allowed, you'll love it and it'll make you feel better and hate less, but after 5 miles in a pair of jeans you'll want to try incredibly more comfortable 'cycling gear'. Whereas wearing a football shirt to watch your team is optional.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back