Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decided not to wait until 6.1

Nice !
Now your avatar picture is out of date..... ;)

Looks superb, not seen that colour combo before, congrats! We’ve got another week to wait...

Well the deed is done, is now paid for and delivered so the only thing remaining is to show her to you all....... to say we are cuffed to bits would be an understatement!

View attachment 47694View attachment 47695View attachment 47696View attachment 47699
(The Good Year Vector - 4 Season tyres were a bonus :Grin )
He/she looks lovely, I'll have a good shufty if we both go to the shop day this year.

Good year vectors are very good, 15k on mine and 4.5 front and 6.5 still left in the rear. Changing them setting when I get back.

What a beauty! Now I want to put some white ontop of my Beige Cali even more.

Oooh nice Rik. What a lovely colour choice. Hopefully catch up some day x

Don't worry FB I am of sane mind as I am sure you are. If you were faced with all the circumstances that I face, you would do what I have done or something similar/equivalent. As I said in an earlier post the stars are aligned. Thanks for your concern but I am OK.
Also I will have a bigger grin on my face than I would have done had I not made this decision. :Grin
Each to their own my friend.
The litmus test has to be the Grin factor Jabbawocky - the bigger the grin and the longer you keep it for speaks volumes more than the techy or moral pros and cons of do or don’t. Well pleased for you - I’m facing the B word and import duty risk / facelift looks good/bad gaming dash etc on my quest for a 6.1 but you can still get a new pre-registered 2018 Ocean so I can always back up from a 6.1 and get a pre-registered 2019 6.1 if Brexit, (dam it, did I actually say the B word, sorry! ) gets in the way - enjoy the experience and I hope your face always aches from time to time with never ending Grin factor M

That will be a pre-reg 2019 6.0 then - sorry for the typo...

If he's happy spending his money , why should we ask questions ?
I know it has something to do with DSG vs. manual ;)

I would swap my T5 for a new T5 anytime regardless the money...
Because he has affectively asked us to.

Well the deed is done, is now paid for and delivered so the only thing remaining is to show her to you all....... to say we are cuffed to bits would be an understatement!

View attachment 47694View attachment 47695View attachment 47696View attachment 47699

Welcome to the manual, mojave, GYV4 club!
Looks wonderful, am so jealous.

Good on you - enjoy your new van and many happy adventures to come.

Welcome to the manual, mojave, GYV4 club!
Looks wonderful, am so jealous.
The GYV4 club - thanks for invite!
Have you changed your Cali? I thought you had a T5 and I see your post says you have aT6 204........
Trust you are both well.
R & T

Congratulations Rik & Terri, new Cali looks fab. Continue to enjoy your adventures and hope our paths cross again sometime soon!

The GYV4 club - thanks for invite!
Have you changed your Cali? I thought you had a T5 and I see your post says you have aT6 204........
Trust you are both well.
R & T
Yes fine thanks.
Have always had T6 manual 204 and have thought of doing the same as you. However, really love the bigger engine. Can’t understand why you can get it with DSG, but not manual now?
Hope to see you soon M & B

Yes, of course you can ask.............
All the reasons are too many to list! Call it alignment of the stars but here are some of the major ones!
Borris (thanks btw:thumb) has outlined a few reasons already.
Recent price increase (we ordered before), price increase that will come with new 6.1 model, will need 4 new tyres in the next few months, wanted to have manual gearbox (before VW withdraw option again!), don't really like the new dash (call me old fashioned), The B word - with no trade deal who knows where prices will go - certainly VW are worried about tariffs (hence short delivery times right now) if this is the case, then so am I! We like the extra flexibility of the split kitchen worktop too (we have spent more than 300 nights in our Cali since Feb 2017 and find its the little things that really make the difference).....And our personal circumstances have changed which allow us/make it more prudent for us to do this now rather than in the future.
We ordered and bought our new Cali Ocean and picked it up on Friday. We are in our 60's and yes why buy the t6 when the t6.1 is due early next year or mid summer. We have paid a tidy sum for ours with lots of options so the 6.1 as you say will not be cheaper. We did not want to put it back for another year as you never know what's around the corner.

We ordered and bought our new Cali Ocean and picked it up on Friday. We are in our 60's and yes why buy the t6 when the t6.1 is due early next year or mid summer. We have paid a tidy sum for ours with lots of options so the 6.1 as you say will not be cheaper. We did not want to put it back for another year as you never know what's around the corner.
Excellent decision. I see lots of storm clouds gathering......so right time to make the decision. We, me and Terri, are just getting on with our life (we also are both over 60), bought our first Cali two and a half years ago spent 170 nights in it in the first twelve months, visited eleven countries and haven't looked back.
Enjoy!
EDIT: Almost forgot spent 10 weeks in Norway with our Cali last year! Been to Holland, Germany and France this year and its only August. Maybe Denmark to the club meet as well........

Last edited:
Excellent decision. I see lots of storm clouds gathering......so right time to make the decision. We, me and Terri, are just getting on with our life (we also are both over 60), bought our first Cali two and a half years ago spent 170 nights in it in the first twelve months, visited eleven countries and haven't looked back.
Enjoy!
EDIT: Almost forgot spent 10 weeks in Norway with our Cali last year! Been to Holland, Germany and France this year and its only August. Maybe Denmark to the club meet as well........
wow you've been busy lol. Of course with only having 3 days from looking at the Cali to picking it up we've had not time to buy the essentials. So the last week we have bought the awning, power cable, pots pans, mattress topper kettle gas bottle. Did not budget for all this lol

So after about 6 weeks of ownership we’ve changed our 2018 150 Ocean. Bought from Hereford VW it was previously owned by a VW director, and on purchase a number of minor trim damage was highlighted which the dealership agreed to rectify.
However, when the vehicle went into the workshop last weekend I took advantage of a decent PX deal so now have a 2019 500 mile black DSG 204 Ocean. Considered waiting for the 6.1, but might be more tempted by the GC. Took it to the wet and windy (but very nice) Three Cliffs campsite (Gower) on the weekend.

Back