Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Did a cali owner here have a bad stay at a Caravan Club Site?

Yes, I thought of that but I would have been shot at dawn for sleeping in the tow vehicle, definitely prohibited and certainly something that would have been noticed by a curtain twitcher somewhere.

I cannot even make two reservations on the same card despite my Sister being a named family member. In the end I have had to take out separate membership for my Sister. I do not begrudge the £51, it just seems slightly ironic that I pay for two pitched, one for the caravan and one for the towing vehicle, but on top also an additional membership fee.

Oh well, trivial really, just having a grumble day :D
Don’t see why you shouldn’t be allowed to sleep in the tow vehicle if it’s designed for it. People attach awnings to their caravans and cook and sleep in them. As long as it fits on one pitch it should be allowed.

Don’t see why you shouldn’t be allowed to sleep in the tow vehicle if it’s designed for it. People attach awnings to their caravans and cook and sleep in them. As long as it fits on one pitch it should be allowed.

"It's in the rules".
There must be a sign posted somewhere in Grimstead towers that reads "repeat the above to the member 250 times or until they lose the will to live".

As long as the general council of the CAMC consists largely of rallyists performing feats of excruciating absurdity as witnessed in the "caravanner of the year" programme then it is only going to enter the modern era slowly and very reluctantly. The value to me of being a member is the predictable well maintained site facilities, the 2,000 CL's to choose from and the M6 toll discount.

I stopped at a CL last night, we were visiting Sister number 4 and had taken a few cases of wine up to celebrate the event.

Only one pitch needed and parked close enough together that we almost had adjoining doors.The only fire risk in reality was me leaving the ridge monkey packed with bacon for too long on the hob in Alfie whilst sat in Frieda chatting to my Sisters over a cup of coffee and comparing hangovers. EDIT: @WelshGas At least someone cooks in their van, even if such dire consequences:sad

Alfie now stinks with the delicate aroma of burnt bacon. Even Max's canine nose twitches at the revolting smell he's having to put up with tonight :sad

Last edited:
Back