Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurovans Crawley - collection of new T6.1 Ocean

Isn’t a count of the number of keys part of the PDI process?
You would have thought so. In my case (1 keyfob not 2), the dealer reckons they were lost before the van arrived and that the service team only paired the one set. He assures me that there is no viable second fob.

If so, why didn't they order one earlier!

I agree with one of the previous posters (another thread) in that my 2nd fob is probably lying around the garage somewhere.

You would have thought so. In my case (1 keyfob not 2), the dealer reckons they were lost before the van arrived and that the service team only paired the one set. He assures me that there is no viable second fob.

If so, why didn't they order one earlier!

I agree with one of the previous posters (another thread) in that my 2nd fob is probably lying around the garage somewhere.
These key fobs must be standard stock in the spares department. You’ve got to wonder why they can’t just cut another key and pair it to the van before delivery. Can’t be that difficult!

These key fobs must be standard stock in the spares department. You’ve got to wonder why they can’t just cut another key and pair it to the van before delivery. Can’t be that difficult!
My thoughts exactly but they claim the fob has to come from VW where it is specifically logged against the VAN chasis number. I actually asked them if they could re-code a key from one of the vans in the showroom and was told not possible...

My thoughts exactly but they claim the fob has to come from VW where it is specifically logged against the VAN chasis number. I actually asked them if they could re-code a key from one of the vans in the showroom and was told not possible...
I think it’s the physical cutting of the key that needs to be done in Germany. The electronic coding can be done by the dealership.
I’ve asked a few locksmiths about cutting a key for a t6.1 and all have said not possible (yet).

I think it’s the physical cutting of the key that needs to be done in Germany. The electronic coding can be done by the dealership.
I’ve asked a few locksmiths about cutting a key for a t6.1 and all have said not possible (yet).
pain in the butt but I for one am happy it needs special tools to create a working key. Its one extra level of security. Ordering 4 keys was a no brainer.

No. I chased them yesterday. Also discovered that our Jack is missing
What is going on at these dealerships? I doubt this parts are missing when the Cali leaves the factory.

Eurovans are great for value but on collection a decent up to date checklist (tailored to your vehicle) and a forensic personal inspection is wise if not essential - also because VW are equally to blame on missing items.

My 2022 Excel checklist is available by PM request if that helps.

Last edited:
No. I chased them yesterday. Also discovered that our Jack is missing
I was told by Citygate when I picked mine up that if you had the sport pack with 18" wheels you don't get a jack. This is despite on We-connect the build spec showing it should come with a jack.

Never did manage to get one out of them......

Your black plastic wheel nut covers are missing.
Forget to comment back on this but the dealership told me they don't ship the black covers with silver wheels anymore because they look naff!!!

Who knows if that's correct.

Eurovans are great for value but on collection a decent up to date checklist (tailored to your vehicle) and a forensic personal inspection is wise if not essential - also because VW are equally to blame on missing items.

My 2022 Excel checklist is available by PM request if that helps.
We took a long two checklists but tbh, it was difficult to check everything.

What we weren't able to do is check much of the camping stuff. Didn't have gas with us; didn't check the water pump etc.

Out this weekend and still figuring things out but we "don't think" there's probably anything else missing.

The missing key is a real pain cos we can't pair everything up without two keys...

Until they rust.......:rolleyes:
Don't disagree. Will look to source some aftermarket ones I guess...

Unless someone collected one recently and had the covers.

Ours was June 2023 with the Palmerston alloys - we had the black caps. Albeit the centre of these wheels is black so doesn’t really answer the point you were told around the silver wheels not having them. Still seems odd not to include them. The pics in the brochure still show them as fitted on all the wheel options.

if you do buy some, don’t forget the locking nuts have a different sized cover (I believe)

We took a long two checklists but tbh, it was difficult to check everything.

What we weren't able to do is check much of the camping stuff. Didn't have gas with us; didn't check the water pump etc.

Out this weekend and still figuring things out but we "don't think" there's probably anything else missing.

The missing key is a real pain cos we can't pair everything up without two keys...
My son had the same thing on his Beach. A real pain, hope you get sorted soon, I wouldn’t hold back on the persistence front - based on my experience. Always pleasant but a tad forgetful and busy with the next punter, let’s say ….

Ours was delivered without the wheelnut covers also, bought these from eBay £5.99, including the locking wheel nut covers, you need the 19mm ones

20230805_104321.jpg

Randomly was looking at We Connect this morning and scrolled through to the weblink and then clicked on Equipment Details and 6th item on a very long list was Hub Caps for alloy wheels - which can only be these plastic covers. See below. Worth checking before you bother buying. Also have you got the metal hook in the tool kit which is designed for pulling the VW ones off the bolt ?

IMG_3474.png

Randomly was looking at We Connect this morning and scrolled through to the weblink and then clicked on Equipment Details and 6th item on a very long list was Hub Caps for alloy wheels - which can only be these plastic covers.
The hub caps are the round wheel centre caps.

Randomly was looking at We Connect this morning and scrolled through to the weblink and then clicked on Equipment Details and 6th item on a very long list was Hub Caps for alloy wheels - which can only be these plastic covers. See below. Worth checking before you bother buying. Also have you got the metal hook in the tool kit which is designed for pulling the VW ones off the bolt ?

View attachment 112933
Well, until my second key arrives I can't do anything with the We Connect app...

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Back