Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty

details to download and keep

Attachments

• VW Factory Extended Warranties Apr 2017.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
And NO mention of the California as a separate model line. That's why I asked the question and the answer I received is in Post 15 above.

Is the extended transferable or is it lost if you sell the van within three years?

Is the extended transferable or is it lost if you sell the van within three years?
•The warranty is fully transferable to a new owner (and subsequent owners) should you sell, which will help to enhance the resale value.

And as I said, No mention of the California as a separate Model Line. Hence my question regarding the additional equipment and the answer I received, in writing.

I don't know what the ambiguity is. The statement is
  • Exactly the same cover as original manufacturer warranty
The 'original manufacturer warranty' covered everything including the habitation area.

I don't know what the ambiguity is. The statement is
  • Exactly the same cover as original manufacturer warranty
The 'original manufacturer warranty' covered everything including the habitation area.
I'm sure you are correct, but when I questioned them that is not what they said. In fact they were not sure what I was talking about. They said they offered a full factory warranty on " the Van" and were not aware of the additional components included in the California.
You may well be correct, but instead of quoting the website, which does not mention the California in any way or form, have you got a document that states your California Beach/Ocean has a Full Factory Warrant Extension for Years 4 & 5?

Because the Warranty purchased at the end of 3 years from the same people and the same website, specifically excludes ALL the California Habitation equipment, everything that is NOT available on a standard Transporter Commercial Panel Van.

My Complaint involved the fact that they stated Full Factory Warranty for Years 4 & 5 but in fact, in respect of the California it was not a Full Factory Warranty.

I thought I would bring this apparent Deception being perpetrated by VW to the attention of those members who had purchased the Extended Warranty. So far all that has been quoted was the details on the website, which are incorrect in relation to the California, BUT no one has presented a Document/Certificate relating to their vehicle that specifically mentions the California.

It would appear you totally accept VW Sales peoples patter, which has been shown to be wanting in the past. As none of this affects me in the slightest I think I'll go and have a G&T and forget it.

New video out from California Chris about VW Commercial Vehicles Extended Warranty options,
Gives a definitive explanation of what is available and the costs.

After the roof repairs have been carried out I thought lets wind the awning out and clean it. To my dismay on opening it seems the two arms have made an indentation on the awning material and a small hole has appeared which is consistent with the arms rubbing whilst the awning is stored. Cannot see any way of avoiding this as the awning is either in or out and regulary checked its wound in. Took it in to my van center who could not find any reason for this to happen but could clearly see from the indentation marks that they were the cause. Was informed by service manager that accessories he thought are covered by 2 years or 3 years if either factory fitted or at PDI. Anyway he would consult with VWCS to confirm whether this is covered on the extended warranty.

After the roof repairs have been carried out I thought lets wind the awning out and clean it. To my dismay on opening it seems the two arms have made an indentation on the awning material and a small hole has appeared which is consistent with the arms rubbing whilst the awning is stored. Cannot see any way of avoiding this as the awning is either in or out and regulary checked its wound in. Took it in to my van center who could not find any reason for this to happen but could clearly see from the indentation marks that they were the cause. Was informed by service manager that accessories he thought are covered by 2 years or 3 years if either factory fitted or at PDI. Anyway he would consult with VWCS to confirm whether this is covered on the extended warranty.

Had it confimed today by VWCS that awning not covered by 5 year extended warranty. Only coverer for 3 years. So what else is not covered who knows .

Had it confimed today by VWCS that awning not covered by 5 year extended warranty. Only coverer for 3 years. So what else is not covered who knows .
VWCS have an inglorious history of getting things wrong.

Ask VWCS how you would have known that the factory supplied awning was not covered by the factory extended warranty at the time you purchased the extended warranty.

Well......I would argue that if the part/component was covered by the 3 year warranty then it should be covered by the extended warranty, Why? Because the leaflet that the sales folks put in front of you to encourage you to part with your money for the extended cove says "Extended warranties offer you the exactly the same level of cover as the original manufacturer warranty." Please see attached text in leaflet dated Dec 2015 given to me when I took out 5 year extended warranty. First bullet point on left page.
I have just had my bellows replaced under warranty as it was leaking. On the basis of VW's words it is, for me, then implicit that the bellows would be covered during the extended warranty. (Sorry the scan is 90 degrees adrift!
vw-exwarty012.jpg

Last edited:
Well......I would argue that if the part/component was covered by the 3 year warranty then it should be covered by the extended warranty, Why? Because the leaflet that the sales folks put in front of you to encourage you to part with your money for the extended cove says "Extended warranties offer you the exactly the same level of cover as the original manufacturer warranty." Please see attached text in leaflet dated Dec 2015 given to me when I took out 5 year extended warranty. First bullet point on left page.
I have just had my bellows replaced under warranty as it was leaking. On the basis of VW's words it is, for me, then implicit that the bellows would be covered during the extended warranty. (Sorry the scan is 90 degrees adrift!
View attachment 43422

Yep fully agree but when communication is over the phone you have to believe them. Also my service manager confirmed originally that he thought it was only covered for 3 years. Where to now?

If your service manager said he thought it was only covered for three years, then this is his thought. It sounds to me like he's guessing.
My point is that if he acknowledges that the item was covered in the original first three years of warranty then to comply with the "....exactly the same....." clause in the extended warranty leaflet the item has to be covered in the extended period. If your service manager can't understand this then I would be getting straight on to VWCS (informing your service manager of your intent) and start giving
them a bit of grief. All the best.

If your service manager said he thought it was only covered for three years, then this is his thought. It sounds to me like he's guessing.
My point is that if he acknowledges that the item was covered in the original first three years of warranty then to comply with the "....exactly the same....." clause in the extended warranty leaflet the item has to be covered in the extended period. If your service manager can't understand this then I would be getting straight on to VWCS (informing your service manager of your intent) and start giving
them a bit of grief. All the best.

Thanks. Already gone through this procedure and are left with the final answer from VWCS its not covered. Maybe contact VWCS at a later date and repeat same procedure with a different advisor.

Thanks. Already gone through this procedure and are left with the final answer from VWCS its not covered. Maybe contact VWCS at a later date and repeat same procedure with a different advisor.

Its becoming more clear each time we all have contact with VWCS that we seem to open a can of worms over a broad spectrum of yes it is no it is not covered. All documentation from VW can be interpreted one way or another. Like most warranties its when you claim you find nothing as it seems.

Its becoming more clear each time we all have contact with VWCS that we seem to open a can of worms over a broad spectrum of yes it is no it is not covered. All documentation from VW can be interpreted one way or another. Like most warranties its when you claim you find nothing as it seems.
I will keep fighting if the need arises! I would also think about small claims court and see what lawyers/judges think about VW's lack of understanding of their own words, "......exactly the same...." If its not Dieselgate its Warrantygate.............:mad:

Trading standards may want to have a word with VW

“Exactly the same” is not open to interpretation!

Finally after conversations with two VWCS advisors I have had it confirmed that if the Awning is factory fitted and the fault is due to a manufacturing defect then its covered for five years under the extended warranty. Finally got there in the end when I was thinking it wasn't covered. Now booked in for new Awning to be fitted.

Excellent news. Well done!

Back