Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory build stage / checkpoint 8?

Tony Crawford

Tony Crawford

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All

Can anyone give us any insight as to what stage / checkpoint 8 means in the factory build process?

Many thanks

Not seen a checkpoint 8 before. Back in early 2017 these codes were valid VW Commercial Vehicles status codes.

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled.
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled.
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed.
30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

Thank you and really helpful. Have come across this in another thread which I think was from a dealer showing ‘checkpoint 8’ which I would assume is the WLTP testing / sign off stage? Hopefully previously reported delays around WLTP are less now as a lot of vehicle combinations should have had type approval granted?

upload_2018-11-14_6-6-25.png

"Checkpoint 8" seems to be "......... at checkpoint 8, when it leaves the assembly line after a final quality check." as described in a few paragraphs talking about the new Golf.
This text can be seen here http://inside.volkswagen.com/Staff-in-front-of-the-camera.html in the staff on-line magazine.
Hope this helps.

That’s fantastic thank you!

Tony - can I ask you how you found this out - did the dealer supply details or did you contact VW directly? Our Cali is due to commence build this week :upsidedown

Dealers get (back in Feb 2017) a status report every week for the vehicles they have ordered. I think it is a Wednesday. If not then VWCS should be able to tell you if you quote your order number. Good luck.

Tony - can I ask you how you found this out - did the dealer supply details or did you contact VW directly? Our Cali is due to commence build this week :upsidedown

If you ring VWCS they will look it up on their database

Hi Miles

I found it in this thread with the document posted at the end of September - per posts above your dealer should be able to give you the most up to date position. Good luck with the delivery and hope it’s reasonably quick - we’ve asked for ours to be
Held back slightly to get it registered next year as a ‘2019’ vehicle - can’t wait!

Back