Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Favourite non-factory options

View attachment 29054 View attachment 29055 View attachment 29056

External windscreen cover;
Small folding stool for easy access to roof;
Mini dehumidifier used all the time in winter as I dry kit in there after adventures.
Your adventures look similar to my plans for this winter...just bought my 150 Coast 4Motion last week and plan to hit the hills soon. Two questions as I am inspired by your photos: 1. Where did you get/brand of your thermal windscreen cover? 2. Do you run winter tires, if so, what are you happy with? Thanks!

1.) Jetboil (without a doubt my fav as we have a beach) and also allows.us to make tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cook on it and also to throw it in the back pack when we go hiking.
2.)Ridgemonkey (cooked everything and anything in it combined with 1.) without smells and smoke going everywhere)
3.)Thetford Qube 345 porta potti (having kids means when you hear 'Dad, I need the toilet' you have approx 25 seconds before it's "DAD I NEED THE TOILET NOW!!" Having a mini toilet means easy life, respect to @Amarillo for traveling and not using his once especially with kids in tow (I need your secret!!). I leave the drive and it's "Dad, I need the toilet". :headbang:headbang

Your adventures look similar to my plans for this winter...just bought my 150 Coast 4Motion last week and plan to hit the hills soon. Two questions as I am inspired by your photos: 1. Where did you get/brand of your thermal windscreen cover? 2. Do you run winter tires, if so, what are you happy with? Thanks!
The windscreen cover was from the club shop.

I used Yokohama ice spike in Norway, BFGOODRICH AT2 elsewhere. Not the best winter tyre but they are a great all rounder for the 4Motion

do let me know what you get and how they work out.

E5C3633B-2888-4468-B70D-52509CD4C324.jpegC2726848-7A44-43EE-9B2D-6C09F4C3946A.jpegBFD92D15-AB20-40E9-A2D4-F210EE6CEC52.jpeg

1.) Jetboil (without a doubt my fav as we have a beach) and also allows.us to make tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cook on it and also to throw it in the back pack when we go hiking.
2.)Ridgemonkey (cooked everything and anything in it combined with 1.) without smells and smoke going everywhere)
3.)Thetford Qube 345 porta potti (having kids means when you hear 'Dad, I need the toilet' you have approx 25 seconds before it's "DAD I NEED THE TOILET NOW!!" Having a mini toilet means easy life, respect to @Amarillo for traveling and not using his once especially with kids in tow (I need your secret!!). I leave the drive and it's "Dad, I need the toilet". :headbang:headbang
Hi,

Does the 345 fit under the "parcel shelf" easily? I see the 335 is smaller but out of stock everywhere.

Thanks

Hi,

Does the 345 fit under the "parcel shelf" easily? I see the 335 is smaller but out of stock everywhere.

Thanks

The 335 is 313mm high, the 345 is 330mm high and just fits with the shelf in raised position.

Secret reveal:
1. Have boys only
2. Supply of empty 330ml water bottles in van
3. If no empty 330ml water bottle, a full new one will suffice, just be prepared to drink all 330ml within 25 seconds (but remember that 330ml you’ve just drunk will need emptying before too long).

We now keep one of these in an under seat drawer.
b5dad36e251a7527f7f762a170162670.jpg

Last edited:
The 335 is 313mm high, the 345 is 330mm high and just fits with the shelf in raised position.
just ordered the 335 from Calicap.de as I wanted the holder for inside the van (fits in the seat rail) - if you order the 2 you got a massive discount off the Lav! worked out cheaper even with postage - arrived in 5 days

Hi,

Thanks
Here’s their page with a map of dealers/service centres

I can drive it with a cable, or wirelessly (but I find via cable easier) from either my iPhone/iPad with a "lightening to HDMI" adapter or from my MacBook's HDMI port.

It will also accept a memory card, or USB key/external drive.... So photos/films can be viewed from either of these natively, if available.

Works a treat..... Internal battery life is about 2hrs - 2.5hrs. (depending on the brightness setting.) After that, it will run fine off the 12V.

If buying again, I'd just buy the cheaper non-wireless model, as driving from a cable or natively via a USB or memory card, is what we normally do.
What model number of PicoPix is it?

Hi,

Thanks
Have you tried this place, £109.99

Back