Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France Covid-19 GOV Advice

There’s a lot of negative posts on here, but IF these few knew all the facts, before just thinking about YOUR holiday (poor you) had some compassion, practiced social distance, didn’t travel from a Tier3 location, perhaps the R rate would not be on the increase, we could see our families and today’s announcement could have been avoided.

I don’t know if this comment is directed at me but I assume it is.

Last time I visited Cornwall was in 2015, and on that occasion most of my time was spent offshore on a yacht.

Our planned bank holiday trip to Looe in May was postponed to September, and still we didn’t go even though the club organised meet went ahead as a non club meet.

These rural communities always say they are happy to welcome responsible visitors, whilst simultaneously making every effort to make responsible visitors unwelcome.it’s so hypocritical.

From what I’ve seen of Cornwall this year. They have been filling their boots/cashing in on a very busy year.
If locals wanted to keep people away, they could have limited numbers on campsites, hotels and holiday parks.
I didn’t see any limited numbers anywhere, infact it was business as usual. I was personally taken a back at the lack of social distancing, hygiene and numbers within establishments from campsites, to cafes...

It all depends on the residents whose livelihoods depend on the tourist trade either directly or indirectly. What those numpties with the banners don’t realise, very few if any of the residents of these tourist areas are Not dependant for their lifestyle/livelihood either directly or indirectly on the visiting tourist.

From what I’ve seen of Cornwall this year. They have been filling their boots/cashing in on a very busy year.
If locals wanted to keep people away, they could have limited numbers on campsites, hotels and holiday parks.
I didn’t see any limited numbers anywhere, infact it was business as usual. I was personally taken a back at the lack of social distancing, hygiene and numbers within establishments from campsites, to cafes...
Fowey was rammed in the kids 6 weeks & busier than normal in September too.

It all depends on the residents whose livelihoods depend on the tourist trade either directly or indirectly. What those numpties with the banners don’t realise, very few if any of the residents of these tourist areas are Not dependant for their lifestyle/livelihood either directly or indirectly on the visiting tourist.

That may yet change:

You probably remember a past member, won’t mention names, who resides in Cornwall and believes Cornwall relies very little on the tourist trade.
It’s not needed, Cornwall has an economy outside of tourism. Totally deluded...

But then, this is a guy who believes everyone wants to live there. Weird the place suffers from a large secondhome ownership. Clearly it’s peoples second favourite place to live....

Fowey was rammed in the kids 6 weeks & busier than normal in September too.

Absolutely.
Everywhere was busy. The campsites were full to bursting and many of the regular tourist traps.
Cycled to Padstow and immediately left on seeing the crowds within the harbour on a September mid week day.

Absolutely.
Everywhere was busy. The campsites were full to bursting and many of the regular tourist traps.
Cycled to Padstow and immediately left on seeing the crowds within the harbour on a September mid week day.
Yes we avoided town except for an early morning raid on the bakers.

Back