Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August?

If EU-wide restrictions on UK residents' entry are put in place this week it won't be at all surprising. They're estimating at the moment that Delta won't reach 90% prevalence on the continent until late August, and they'll certainly want to do anything necessary not to accelerate that while their vaccination continues. Spain, Portugal and Greece's wishes will very likely be over-ridden.

You read too many poor newspapers.
I commented on the front page posted (post #446) in this thread by the op : “Germany likely to blame U.k.” referring to the Delta variant spreading through Europe and the irony of it. I.e It didn’t come from the U.K. Angeler is trying make out that U.K residents are a higher risk or less safe than those countries left in the EU, despite the U.k being light years ahead of Europe’s vaccine program - ( hence the inept comment) see Angler‘s comments made today, which I have no idea if they reflect German sentiment or not

the original article post #446 has now been deleted by the op.

my response #450 was in response to the op asking who is blaming the U.K. the answer was posted in #446 and was specifically referred to in my response.

also refer to post #448

No anti German rhetoric, simply commenting on the report and comments from one Politician. We will see how it play out but she has confirmed today, what was said in the article.

The tongue in cheek football reference was exactly that.

FYI I don’t read newspaper unless it’s put in front of me, but i‘m sure those that do welcome your comments ;)

Last edited:
I’d rather not jump to any anti German sentiment. I was just pointing out that EU might change rules.
I’m not bashing Germany or Merkel.
Covid is the bad guy.
#446 Telegraph front page deleted
link to the article posted in the deleted post

There’s now so many contradictions, anomalies and mixed messages regarding Covid rules!

I hate to say this but I think France in August is sadly looking less likely by the day. Boris is harping on about looking good for July but that makes no difference if other countries stick the UK on the red list - I can understand why they would, they’re way behind us in their vaccination drives and an outbreak of the Delta Variant is the last thing they need.

Unfortunately for us, our government denied there was anything to be concerned about for 3 whole weeks, during which time they put Pakistan and Bangladesh on the red list but not India. When they finally added India to the list, they announced it was to happen several days hence and flight searches from India to the Uk increased 250%. It’s really not rocket science and you’d have thought they’d have learned from the past two peaks, but no. Frustrating to see this thing spreading again when we were so close.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to say this but I think France in August is sadly looking less likely by the day. Boris is harping on about looking good for July but that makes no difference if other countries stick the UK on the red list - I can understand why they would, they’re way behind us in their vaccination drives and an outbreak of the Delta Variant is the last thing they need.

Unfortunately for us, our government denied there was anything to be concerned about for 3 whole weeks, during which time they put Pakistan and Bangladesh on the red list but not India. When they finally added India to the list, they announced it was to happen several days hence and flight searches from India to the Uk increased 250%. It’s really not rocket science and you’d have thought they’d have learned from the past two peaks, but no. Frustrating to see this thing spreading again when we were so close.

I really hope I’m wrong.

Think you’re right @s2bear.
Minimal EU travel for Brits this year.

Think you’re right @s2bear.
Minimal EU travel for Brits this year.
In fact minimal travel anywhere!
One of my golf friends is a BA pilot. He used to fly 747s until they were grounded. He’s now retained on the 787 Dreamliner. Chatting to him at Whipsnade GC on Monday and he told me he gets one flight or one simulator session per month these days. Not much international travel going on and 1st and Business classes are almost empty. Good time to blag an upgrade if you are flying.

Strewth we are agreeing again WG
Wongo, no doubt different decisions may have resulted in different outcome. We will never know.
The whole point is, it’s about learning lessons for the future.
The Govt, made decisions on advice from numerous different sources. Some of that advice has in hindsight been proved to be wrong. But that’s in hindsight.
The question to ask is would any other govt have done it any different or any better? IMO unlikely.
The govt may have made errors along the way? Quite possibly, did they do what they thought was best at the time with the available information and advice they had? IMO yes.
Human nature though is to target someone to blame. So if that makes you happy fine.
For me all I want to see is that lessons learnt are remembered in any future event.
Boris was boasting about shaking hands with Covid patients last year, as Whitty cringed. No one thought that was the best idea at the time. How we ended up with this chancer and his cronies governing us is testament to a rigged electoral system fit for last century. Nice to see Shapps having his bottom smacked this week. All too rare though that these naughty boys have their pants pulled down.

I really hope I’m wrong.

They are are not way behind any more.
Since the start of this month, Germany, France and Italy have all administered more doses of vaccine on a seven day average than Britain.B644E66E-CA54-432F-8B4A-0208D4D7AC35.jpeg

They are are not way behind any more.
Since the start of this month, Germany, France and Italy have all administered more doses of vaccine on a seven day average than Britain.View attachment 80573
That chart would look somewhat different if it was for the adult population only.

Here's another chart from the same source. And the finish line for Britain is 77.4% of the whole population (assuming healthy over 18s don't get the vaccine).
1624570894224.png

I really hope I’m wrong.

That chart would look somewhat different if it was for the adult population only.

Here's another chart from the same source. And the finish line for Britain is 77.4% of the whole population (assuming healthy over 18s don't get the vaccine).
View attachment 80575
Don’t let facts get in the way if the little Englanders agenda, they get cross and start getting school kids to sign nonsense.
Meanwhile in Hancock’s office, he is really busy. To quote Terry-Thomas, there an ‘absolute shower’ Ingurland!!!!

Last edited:
Don’t let facts get in the way if the little Englanders agenda, they het cross and stst getting school kids to sign nonsense.
Meanwhile in Hancock’s office, he is really busy. To quote Terry-Thomas, there an ‘absolute shower’ Ingurland!!!!
Oh yes he’s REALLY busy..Must be completely worn out..

If any fans did travel since the result the other night,
they would still be in quarantine when the game takes place
wouldn't they? Or do footy fans have an exemption?
I don’t know anymore!? Seems to be a free for all in some areas.

Watching the news here, Spanish A level students often go on package hols last week of june to let their hair down. Tens of thousands go to Mallorca, so far 700 of whom have tested positive on return, with 1000 in quarantine in Madrid alone.

Check your vaccine batch IDs before travelling overseas

My view has always been to wait until it's clearly safe, responsible, the right thing for all before going to France again. We have a place there which has been unvisited (except by my neighbour) for 18 months, so we have plenty of reasons to go. Imagine the joy when I read this in the Torygraph today:

The EU Digital Covid Certificate, which launched on Thursday, is designed to allow Covid-secure travel across the continent but does not recognise a version of the AstraZeneca vaccine called Covishield, produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII), because it is yet to receive approval in Europe.

Up to five million doses of this version of the vaccine have been administered in the UK and are identifiable by the vaccine batch numbers (4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003) included on recipients’ vaccine cards and in the Covid travel pass available via the NHS app.

It was like an inverse lottery win - my 1st dose? 4120Z003.

Last edited:
So does this mean (batch no allowing) travel to Europe is Green?