Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August?

Grant Shapps "an amber list country could still turn red", meaning hotel quarantine would become a requirement.
A reasonably important detail.

Grant Shapps "an amber list country could still turn red", meaning hotel quarantine would become a requirement.
A reasonably important detail.
That's why we decided to delay until September, as thing progress (regress) France could elevate (descend) the UK to Red....

With the mountain of Covid confusion and Delta variant making inroads over the waters.
I’ve decided to cancel my trip this year. Second year running.
We moved our booking from last year to this. Should be driving over to Switzerland next Wednesday.

The sensible solution is to wait until next year. Plenty to see and do on these Islands…

With the mountain of Covid confusion and Delta variant making inroads over the waters.
We moved our booking from last year to this. Should be driving over to Switzerland next Wednesday.

The sensible solution is to wait until next year. Plenty to see and do on these Islands…
Same here...Wales here we come!

Same here...Wales here we come!

Dont forget the waterproof…;)

I’ve packed mine.
Week in The Lakes and a couple of long weekends in Cornwall. Although might hit Pembrokeshire after seeing pics in another thread here. It’s been a longtime since I’ve been over that way.

Dont forget the waterproof…;)

I’ve packed mine.
Week in The Lakes and a couple of long weekends in Cornwall. Although might hit Pembrokeshire after seeing pics in another thread here. It’s been a longtime since I’ve been over that way.
Haha...Taking surfboards / SUP's so will get wet anyway!

I love Pembrokeshire, one of mates moved down there years ago & now runs a surf school:

For camping:

Second summer in a row I have crossed the Channel in an almost empty train. Quiet France. Switzerland and Italy busy as usual. Tests, green card, animal health certificate, forms are the price a determined traveller must pay .
last night I parked the Cali in the middle of the hills in a vineyard in north east Italy and enjoyed the sounds.

FYI:

If you received Astra Zeneca vaccine that was manufactured in India, the EU will not grant you entry.

The batch numbers for the Indian manufactured doses, produced by the Serum Institute of India and known as Covishield, appear on the Covid Travel Pass in the NHS App (4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003).

FYI:

If you received Astra Zeneca vaccine that was manufactured in India, the EU will not grant you entry.

The batch numbers for the Indian manufactured doses, produced by the Serum Institute of India and known as Covishield, appear on the Covid Travel Pass in the NHS App (4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003).
Most of EU has backtracked on this, just a couple of places are still not accepting it, Malta I think is one.

Most of EU has backtracked on this, just a couple of places are still not accepting it, Malta I think is one.
Thanks @willwander, the latest I can find is:

Fifteen countries – including Spain, Greece and Germany – have all individually said they will accept these batches.
France, Italy and Croatia are not currently accepting them – though all three allow proof of a negative test for entry.

Thanks @willwander, the latest I can find is:

Fifteen countries – including Spain, Greece and Germany – have all individually said they will accept these batches.
France, Italy and Croatia are not currently accepting them – though all three allow proof of a negative test for entry.
France entry - if NOT Vaccinated only essential reasons to travel apply, holidays isn't essential reason.

Pretty sure Delta comes after Beta!

Still workable as long as the French don’t return fire and make us quarantine on arrival. I’m not missing another year.

I was told the "no-quarantine on return" rule if double-jabbed was only for UK residents 'on return', and that non-UK residents entering UK must quarantine even if double-jabbed outside the UK. I don't know if that is actually the case?

While I had some hope I might drive to the UK via Calais at some point, I've given up now. The medical situation with a large overlay of politics makes planning impossible and the risk of immediately imposed restrictions too high.

Can't see why anyone would go abroad this year with all the uncertainty and constantly moving goal posts. Each to their own.
I agree. The trouble is that if by travelling abroad someone picks up covid, the "each" probably won't be keeping it to "their own".

Last edited:
I was told the "no-quarantine on return" rule if double-jabbed was only for UK residents 'on return', and that non-UK residents entering UK must quarantine even if double-jabbed outside the UK. I don't know if that is actually the case?
yep thats correct. There is work underway to get the computer systems linked between the EU COVID passport and the Uk NHS system so QR codes can be validated but it’s slow as to be expected with software integrations.