Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucestershire Meet April 20th - 22nd

We'll be there.

California Meet - Slimbridge Glos 20th to 22nd April

I have arranged a meet in the Gloucestershire area in April from 20th to 22nd. This should be relatively easy to get to from many parts of the UK.

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP. It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/ There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.
The site is level and we are on a field together, but there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent field, but you will then not be with the main group.
The price is £16 per night and you book directly with the campsite 01453-890483. You must mention VW California Club to get the discounted rate and to be with the main group, you will also be able to come earlier or stay later at this rate if you book it at the same time.

I have provisionally given an estimate of 30 vehicles.

Tudor Park.jpg
Our field is the empty one to the left of the Caravan pitches.

To get there:-
From the North, come down the M5 and take the Glos exit 13 then A38 and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.
From the South Take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

At the roundabout brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Edit:-
Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please. Many thanks. Simon

Last edited:
Just booked. It will be my first meet so looking forward to it.

I have arranged a meet in the Gloucestershire area in April from 20th to 22nd. This should be relatively easy to get to from many parts of the UK.

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP. It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/ There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
The site is level and we are on a field together, but there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent field, but you will then not be with the main group.
The price is £16 per night and you book directly with the campsite 01453-890483. You must mention VW California Club to get the discounted rate and to be with the main group, you will also be able to come earlier or stay later at this rate if you book it at the same time.

View attachment 28827

From the North, come down the M5 and take the Glos exit 13 then A38 and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.
From the South Take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

At the roundabout brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please. Many thanks. Simon

Hi Simon, we will be landing in UK on the 3rd April and have plans to pick up our new Cali the next day then we will be heading west once all the camping equipment has been packed.
We would defiantly like to catch up with some Cali owners and get as much info as possible, we will be spending many months touring UK AND EU and would appreciate all the help we can get.

Booked! :thumb
Thanks for arranging Simon. :)

Hi Simon, we will be landing in UK on the 3rd April and have plans to pick up our new Cali the next day then we will be heading west once all the camping equipment has been packed.
We would defiantly like to catch up with some Cali owners and get as much info as possible, we will be spending many months touring UK AND EU and would appreciate all the help we can get.

Look forward to meeting you there. Certainly a long way to come for a meet.
Which other parts of the UK are you hoping to see?

Booked for Friday and Saturday. Apparently I was the third call in a row! You never know Simon, the Brompton might make an outing!!!

Booked for Friday and Saturday. Apparently I was the third call in a row! You never know Simon, the Brompton might make an outing!!!

That would be great Gillian. We stayed there last year and I cycled on my Brompton to Frampton on Severn.
Almost ideal for it as the route is right along the canal side with a short bit of road at the end.
I look forward to seeing the Brompton, Paul & Paddy got one each which they took to Stratford last year.

Booked for the Friday and Saturday. Thank you for arranging, we're looking forward to it.

Look forward to meeting you there. Certainly a long way to come for a meet.
Which other parts of the UK are you hoping to see?

We are planning to spend 12 months mostly in UK and the colder months is souther Europe, so we will be very keen to learn from your expert campervaners.

Booked for Friday and Saturday night. Only 10 miles from home. Go to the area a lot,great for walking with the dog (woody) on the canal towpath. The sunken barges at Purton are well worth a visit . Roll on the spring.

Looks good, Just going to book, once I know that the wife isn't working that weekend?
Anyway, see you at the Dorset-Highlands End Event on 16/17/18 March.

View attachment 28827

View attachment 28827

Have booked Friday and Saturday. Look forward to meeting you all.

Just booked us for Friday & Saturday,12 booked so far and total places about 30.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Simon & Helen