Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye Brussels, hello Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the French have a referendum. Can you imagine, makes our protests look childs play. Whatever the result the ports would be blockaded, motorways would be blocked with burning tyres, farmers would be dumping crap everywhere and the Bastille would be stormed.:)

Strangely enough, the two people that I were talking to earlier in Angers would also like a referendum :)

Hold your nerve doubters and scaredicats - our lead will change the EU for the good - other countries will demand and hold referenda and vote to leave the sinking ship. The UK will be instrumental in building a new European model without all federal nonsense, anti-business practices and social reform. There will be some bumps along the way, but i am excited at the prospect

Strangely enough, the two people that I were talking to earlier in Angers would also like a referendum :)
We'll be staying near Angers for three nights from Wednesday - a beautiful site just outside Brissac-Quincer.

Oh ....

I will just be leaving then for Albert in Albert :(

Hold your nerve doubters and scaredicats - our lead will change the EU for the good - other countries will demand and hold referenda and vote to leave the sinking ship. The UK will be instrumental in building a new European model without all federal nonsense, anti-business practices and social reform. There will be some bumps along the way, but i am excited at the prospect

In 4 days our PM has resigned and the Chancellor is considering quitting, 20 shadow front benchers have resigned and the leader of the opposition is about to go under a no-confidence vote. The UK's European commissioner, our top man in Brussels has resigned. What "lead" are you talking about when the entire country is in a leadership vacuum?

Socially there has been an ugly wave of thousands of racist attacks including the horrible attack on a Polish father and son who were beaten unconscious. Hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of jobs are going out of the UK as large companies move their operations from the UK.

Financially our credit rating has been cut (which means it'll be much more expensive to service our £1.6tn national debt), GBP is at a 31 year low $1.30) and all forecasts are pointing towards US$1.10. The markets have annihilated UK stocks to the tune of circa £2tn. We, the taxpayers, lost £8.4 billion on the state owed portion of RBS alone since Friday. Investors and entrepreneurs are leaving the UK in droves. The Bank of England had to issue £250bn in QE on Friday morning. To put that in to perspective that's the same as the UK's EU contribution for the next 30 years. And financially the cost has not even started to take it's toll to this country.

You're seriously saying that these are just "some bumps on the way" and we are "doubters and scaredicats" (sic)? How bad will it actually need to get? Do you really not understand how close to bankruptcy this country genuinely is?

I'm a remainer but the pound euro is higher than it was a couple of years ago, QE of up to 250m was made available, not given, our forecast by moody!s has been downgraded not our credit rating and the FTSE still finished higher at close today than it was a couple of months ago....

Wasn't what I wanted but what's done is done, no use wringing our hands now, we have to get on with it, and we will make the best of it. Things will even out, if the pound goes down our exports (eg Jaguar, Land Rover, even Morgan :)) will be more competitive; while imports (eg Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Fiat, Renault, Citroen) will be less competitive here. I can't see the Europeans slapping tariffs on as it will hurt them more than it will hurt us. That is a reality the EC commissioners will have to deal with whether they like it or not.

The positions of Scotland and Northern Ireland in particular are more complex but again they are part of the United Kingdom. I'm sure there will be much debate on this. At the moment this is a secondary issue for me.

I fully accept your point about Gibraltar.

Can you imagine a situation where England, Scotland and NI voted by a slim majority to stay in, but were forced out by a somewhat larger majority in Wales. I.e. Wales being allowed to foist its will upon the rest of the UK?

This is a major constitutional issue.

hat "lead" are you talking about when the entire country is in a leadership vacuum?

Scotland seems to have a very effective leadership.

Perhaps the UK should move its capital to Edinburgh, and the Scottish Parliament allowed to sort this mess out.

Are you sure your surname isn't Osbourne?

I would be more concerned about a Federal State and the unaccountable Junker. As for gloom and doom just wait as the world will continue to spin. Some jobs may be lost but more created. It is a pity that the EC has been so destructive and is now detested by many mainland European citizens. Watch for the sensible people of other nations now demand an end to this unwanted and doomed Federalisation. If they had listened it would never have come to this. I am sad that some seem unable to accept the result and wonder how they would feel if the boot was on the other foot.

Wasn't what I wanted but what's done is done...
We've had an non binding opinion poll in which 72% of the UK electorate participated and (by a very slim majority) they have expressed that they would like the UK to leave the EU. That alone has had consequences. Nothing else is "done". As I said, I think it's unlikely that the UK will invoke article 50.

We've had an non binding opinion poll in which 72% of the UK electorate participated and (by a very slim majority) they have expressed that they would like the UK to leave the EU. That alone has had consequences. Nothing else is "done". As I said, I think it's unlikely that the UK will invoke article 50.
Apart from the fact that Junker and Hollande want us out and have wanted this for a long time.

Apart from the fact that Junker and Hollande want us out and have wanted this for a long time.
Do you have evidence for this? As far as I have seen our fellow Europeans have been all but begging us to stay in the EU.

Dream on!

Do you have evidence for this? As far as I have seen our fellow Europeans have been all but begging us to stay in the EU.
Go and read transcripts from past articles. I did so you should find them if you look hard enough.

Junkers continues to be objectionable as does the German Finance (?) Minister .
The Czechs however are blaming Junkers for assisting the Leave campaign and would like us to stay . They have actually said that he should be sacked but we all know that he has no electoral or other constraints, so he won't go, which is what you would expect from the EU!

I think for "dumb look on a politicians face" none beats that of John Kerry, eulogising about the special relationship, how we continue to have that special bond etc... then asked "does he regret Obama telling us we will be back of the queue as that sort of bullying intimidation helped the leave campaign no end...."

I thought the poor bloke was going to have an attack of the vapours as he worked for a clever answer.....

Anyway....

a bit of somewhat dismal light entertainment .....

How nice to see our footballers being the first to answer the referendum vote by leaving Europe.....

Apparently the Iceland team celebrations were a bit subdued....

I'm not surprised.... they all have to pop out to fish for some cod tonight to pay for another weeks rental on the team bus :shocked

On the other hand that nice Mr Hodgson could just give up 5 days wages and buy them a brand new one.

Dream on!
Yet again you show that you have no understanding of how or what democracy is in this country. Go and look for a document that says that a referendum is a legal motion. There simply isn't one. I'm sorry to shatter your illusion but this is why I asked four days ago "what's your plan for the UK?"

If it's helpful you might like to read this post again.

Both Cameron and BoJo know that they don't have a legal mandate to enact Brexit on the back of just a referendum which is why both are basically refusing to go near actually enacting Article 50. At the very least, we'll need full parliamentary approval (to enact Article 50) and it's very likely that this will be AFTER a general election, which will be campaigned on a remain/leave basis. In order to do this, both sides will have to actually have a plan, and the leave party (whichever one that is) simply won't be able to organise one, or will have to put forward EEA membership which is just a pretty rubbish version of EU membership, and people won't vote for it.

So other than screwing up this country financially, socially and politically, I don't think the referendum will have all that much effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back