Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye Brussels, hello Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now guys, thats below the belt.
I agree. I apologise, but it did feel good.

And the plan. Well we will no longer be a member of the EU when it fails, and it will fail as will the Euro and that is going to be very messy but we will be in a much better state to manage the fallout.
My opinion which some posters will disagree with. But then if we hadn't been lied to in 1975 when I voted to join The Common Market maybe we wouldn't have reached this point.
The EU is on a knife edge and that is all down to Brussels.

HR functions across the UK having to deal with anxious employees terrified that a) they'll be losing their jobs or b) they'll be deported. Minorities walking down the street suffering 'send them back' chants. But hey, a few wealthy folk made a few bob...all's good in the world!
Welshgas, you think it's funny that people are worried and being abused, shame on you.

Today I started extremely depressed.

But beginning to feel better now, I looked at the sunset (mentioned above) this evening and if you look at the photo below you may be able to see some of the 200 or so generators on the Gwynt-y-Mot wind farm a couple of mile out. Every one built in Germany by Siemens. "Planted" in the main by a German ship. So I can't see them making things too uncomfortable for us here in the UK.

IMG_1058.jpg

But beginning to feel better now, I looked at the sunset (mentioned above) this evening and if you look at the photo below you may be able to see some of the 200 or so generators on the Gwynt-y-Mot wind farm a couple of mile out. Every one built in Germany by Siemens. "Planted" in the main by a German ship. So I can't see them making things too uncomfortable for us here in the UK.

View attachment 14681
I wish our future just depended upon wind turbines....

View attachment 14681

Wow. That's a great picture. I have a painting by an artist called Jonathan Shaw that looks almost exactly the same as that scene. You're a lucky guy :)

Stocks tumbled in Europe. Frankfurt .GDAXI and Paris .FCHI each fell 7 percent to 8 percent. Italian .FTMIB and Spanish .IBEX markets posted their sharpest one-day drops ever, falling more than 12 percent, led by a dive in European bank stocks .SX7P. Italy's Unicredit (CRDI.MI) fell 24 percent while Spain's Banco Santander (SAN.MC) fell 20 percent.

London's FTSE .FTSE dropped 3.2 percent, with some investors speculating that the plunge in sterling could benefit Britain's economy. The index closed up 2 percent for the week for its best weekly gain in over two months.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-markets-idUSKCN0Z92MZ

Says it all.
Spanish companies invest in the UK twice the amount that UK companies invest in Spain FACT - that's one country alone.... It's not as easy as you think.
Santander shares dropped because Santander have already intimated that investment in the UK is under review....

Welshgas, you think it's funny that people are worried and being abused, shame on you.
Evidence!
Oh, and it's OK for the UK taxpayer to be taken for a ride by the EU.
If all these workers want to stay in the UK then apply for citizenship, just as the many Doctors and nurses from the Indian sub-continent and the Phillipines have done.

Spanish companies invest in the UK twice the amount that UK companies invest in Spain FACT - that's one country alone.... It's not as easy as you think.
Santander shares dropped because Santander have already intimated that investment in the UK is under review....
And why do you think they invest in another EU country rather than their own? Profit.

Evidence!
If all these workers want to stay in the UK then apply for citizenship, just as the many Doctors and nurses from the Indian sub-continent and the Phillipines have done.

Haha! WG. I really do have a lot of time and respect for your posts on other threads on this forum, but I think we know, deep in our respective souls, we're never, ever, going to agree on this one!

Clip

In any case, I'm sure the older forum members (and most of us probably fit that description!) might observe that the UK's joining of the EU in the first place was never voted on at all.

We didn't vote to join the Common Market, but I distinctly remember voting to join the European Economic Union (EEC) back in 1975 which was the fore runner of the EU.

Alan

We didn't vote to join the Common Market, but I distinctly remember voting to join the European Economic Union (EEC) back in 1975 which was the fore runner of the EU.

Fair point. Conceded.

Glad to say I was too young (just) to vote in that one. :)

Accepting the future is bright and a big world awaits. Also waving goodbye to those unable to contribute without grace.
You're right. We've been subsidising you for far too long. Enjoy the bunting.

Cheerio!

Evidence!
Evidence?

If you look at the post you will see that you have clicked "funny" I can only hope it was finger trouble then, and not intent.

What's everyone's thoughts

Life expectancy at 18 is just under 80, i.e another 62 years to live.

1.6% of the voting population die each year, 3.2% over 2 years.
Another 1.6% of the voting population become eligible to vote each year, 3.2% over 2 years.
(The above assumes a stable population)

Young voters are more likely to vote remain.
Older voters are more likely to vote leave.

If it takes two years to leave the EU, will there be a majority in favour of Brexit when we leave the EU?

Please...

The vote has been cast, the previous thread earlier on EU referendum descended into personal bickering...

Leave the personal bickering now, it's old hat.

Brexit has happened. Those (like me) who did not vote for it accept it, those who can't accept it then move to the eurozone, those who can then stay and help heal the country, those who love Cali's talk about them and those who can only leave messages of personal angst and bitching accept your posts are going to be removed.

Last edited:
I have just dipped into this thread and wish that I hadn't bothered.

Is a forum about VW Californias really an appropriate place to vent ones bitter and in some cases twisted opinions on the very recent democratic EU referendum result?

Look, we had a referendum. Everyone had a chance to vote. Whether you agree with the result or not is irrelevant now, the democratic decision has been made. The right thing to do now for GB, is to accept it and pull together and do everything we can to help GB move forward into, hopefully, a bright new future. If you are not prepared to do this then IMO you will be letting yourself down as well as GB.

Now can we get back to the subject of VW Californias?

Last edited:
Life expectancy at 18 is just under 80, i.e another 62 years to live.

1.6% of the voting population die each year, 3.2% over 2 years.
Another 1.6% of the voting population become eligible to vote each year, 3.2% over 2 years.
(The above assumes a stable population)

Young voters are more likely to vote remain.
Older voters are more likely to vote leave.

If it takes two years to leave the EU, will there be a majority in favour of Brexit when we leave the EU?
Just a comment on the young v older and the way they voted.
It's a statistic and therefore has to be viewed with some caution.
We would probably agree that the larger more vibrant cities have on the whole voted more for remain on the basis that they are doing well. If you go along with this you will probably also accept that on the whole the populations of these cities is younger. Lots of things effect the raw data so just being young is not necessarily a reason, on its own, to vote remain.
I make this point only to try to add balance to the young v old divide which is divisive, yes there will be some truth in it but it is not the whole story.

You will probably find that there are many younger voters in the poorer towns who voted to leave.

I know many young voters who are seriously engaged with politics who ignored the directive they were given by the Labour Party and chose to vote out.

I have 3 sons who have 3 partners, 3 voted remain, 2 voted out and the youngest who just left Uni and partner of my youngest did not get her act together and register, she would have voted remain.

You may accept some or all or even none of this argument but I do believe it is important not to make broad assumptions and apply labels.

Helmets on for a while and let's work together.

NB: As this was not a board set up to discuss such issues or gather together people with the same views I have found it very informative.

Thanks to all who contributed and apologies to those who didn't like the threads. But you did have a choice

Mike

Possibly in the wrong section, but I do think that discussion of this coming Cali owners had been interesting. I suspect, as a group, we spend quite a lot of time on the continent. My whole outlook on the whole thing started with trips to France with my parents in an air-cooled T2. I think broadly the discussion has been civilised and informed... And I do think part of this is the discussion and reaction to a momentous decision when reality kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! WG. I really do have a lot of time and respect for your posts on other threads on this forum, but I think we know, deep in our respective souls, we're never, ever, going to agree on this one!
True. But that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back