Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Step

T

Topsy

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
After driving through rain my step (the retractable step for the side door into the habitation area) gets covered in road grit and dirt. Is this normal?

After driving through rain my step (the retractable step for the side door into the habitation area) gets covered in road grit and dirt. Is this normal?
Unfortunately so hard to keep it off.

Unfortunately so hard to keep it off.
Hi Will, has the dirt and grit caused any problems with the step sliding smoothly in and out?
I think you had a new step fitted and was the new one any better at keeping the dirt and grit out? Does it still work smoothly?

Hi Will, has the dirt and grit caused any problems with the step sliding smoothly in and out?
I think you had a new step fitted and was the new one any better at keeping the dirt and grit out? Does it still work smoothly?
Hi Topsy

To date the new one is holding out ie no grunching sounds like the old one but believe the other step had a manufacturing fault.

I’m still a little paranoid thought. This one is as smooth as when fitted but only covered about 2k.

Hopefully yours is not playing up.

Best Will

Ive just fitted a set of the genuine VW front mudflaps, £55 & takes about 10 minutes with 5 screws each into predrilled plastic holes. Am hoping the drivers side will keep a fair bit of mud off the step & the passenger side will reduce the amount of dirt sprayed up the side.

Ive just fitted a set of the genuine VW front mudflaps, £55 & takes about 10 minutes with 5 screws each into predrilled plastic holes. Am hoping the drivers side will keep a fair bit of mud off the step & the passenger side will reduce the amount of dirt sprayed up the side.

Hi Andie,

Had them fitted as an option from the beginning, yes helps some but not enough.

Back