Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight confusion

dwarena

dwarena

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
A basic and presumably obvious to others question!
I am taking the Cali to Spain and when I take my SAAB I do not need any headlight adjustments but VW dealer seems to think I need something on the Cali. I have searched the VWCC site but no one seems to mention this just a lot about xenons causing issues. Do I need to do anything to the lights or not on 2015 SE?

I understand that you cannot fit headlamp beam adjusters (stickers) to xenon headlights but according to other websites, there should be something in your owners manual on xenon lights for EU driving. VIP membership of this site will also allow you to access a library of technical information. I have found it to be well worth the money.

Last edited:
I understand that you cannot fit headlamp beam adjusters (stickers) to xenon headlights but according to other websites, there should be something in your owners manual on adjusting the lights for EU driving.
Our 2014 SE the dealer had to adjust them. We chose to set them flat so they work in U.K. and Europe without any other adjustment needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are zenons they need setting to "flat"

If they are normal lights they need stickers - usually achieved by buying the plastic headlight protectors which come with a set of stickers and the markings to show where to put them.

Hi there, as others have said, if you have xenons you need the dealer to set them to flat, we had this done from new as we go to the continent a lot. The only downside is there is a small risk it may fail the Motor so you are best having any Motor done at a VW dealer.

Thanks, everyone I am assuming I have normal lights the auto driving lights which I assume are ok and the dipped/main headlight with side lights. (also the spot lights that come on when you turn wheel which causes people I am following to warn me my lights are flashing!!). I have the stickers but not clear about exactly where they go as the instructions say just below the dipped headlight beam. so will see about getting the protectors.

Hi there, as others have said, if you have xenons you need the dealer to set them to flat, we had this done from new as we go to the continent a lot. The only downside is there is a small risk it may fail the Motor so you are best having any Motor done at a VW dealer.

I assume you mean the MOT in which case flat beams should be fine. The MOT tests to see if the dipped beam extended bit goes to the left hand side here in the UK. According to our tester if this extended bit isn't there its fine as it's not going to be a hassle to oncoming traffic.

We have normal headlights and leave the protectors with the patches on all the time and it's just gone through the MOT ok.

I had my 2013 in the dealer today and asked them if they could set the beam to flat and after a bit of confusion as they've never been asked this before they came back to me and said after May 2011 no adjustment is required as the come preset to flat.

Thats a bit of a misleading statement. The optional Zenons may come preset to flat but the "normal" halogen lights that most are fitted with are not.
I presume you are referring to Zenons as they are the only ones that may need a dealer to set to flat.

Thats a bit of a misleading statement. The optional Zenons may come preset to flat but the "normal" halogen lights that most are fitted with are not.
I presume you are referring to Zenons as they are the only ones that may need a dealer to set to flat.
I posted this from my iphone and there was a another paragraph below it which is missing which read "anyone with xenon headlights been advised the same?"

Back