Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater Normal air vents.Engine Block Heater. Front Van

All I want cali T6.1 owners to let me no is , to test there own vehicle and let me no what temp setting does it take to actually get HOT air out front Cab Air vents after half hour running time, from a cold start ??? Please .

Did test today 16 degrees outside temperature , sun out .
Took 25 mins for oil temp gauge to reach max of 90 degrees , engine fully warmed .

Now went through all heat settings from low up to high .

Between low and 26 degrees , air out vents just cool , had to turn right up to 27 degrees upwards to actually get HOT air blowing out vents ???

Can T6.1 OWNERS Please do this test , hand over air vents, and let me no , the exact temperature settings , they actually get HOT air blown out vents ??
Then I can compare , and come to a conclusion please .

Have you checked this checkmark
Path Menu-> Vehicle -> Settings -> Heating

20240914_195146.jpg

Just checked yes it's Ticked , what is this supplementary heater ???
It's under air conditioning settings , not to do with normal coolant cab heater ???
So can rule this one out ?
Transporter Handbook?

Will check manual when get home , but think this supplementary heater only works with Air con button pressed ?? And also if outside temp is below 7 degrees ??. Will do some research , an post findings .

In meantime can cali 6.1 owners do this test for me , so I have means of comparison .

Just normal cab heater on , no air con , no parking night heater on .
Takes 25 mins oil temp get to 90 degrees full engine run temperature .
After that time , put hand over front dash air vent, what temp do have turn dial to to actually get HOT AIR Out vent .

On mine have to turn up lcd digital gauge to 27 degrees plus to get HOT AIR !!
Any thing below that is not hot , but cool an tepid .
I need other owners to let me no there findings so I can compare

Transporter Handbook?
Just looked through handbook. Can't find anything on supplementary heater ?
Anyone no if it's there ??
Ps just found it p113 this supplementary heater is actually the diseal night heater according to index in manual ??

So if tick box on settings in control panel , which is ticked, the night heater will come on automatically ???
Iv never known that happen ??

Last edited:
What is this ? No mention in both manuals ,
it's under vehicle settings on radio control??
Says in manual page 113 it's the auxiliary parking heater , contradicts itself , as its under air con settings .
States in manual index at rear the supplementry heater., see auxiliary/ parking heater??
Can someone make sense of this please ?

20240916_120657.jpg

Last edited:
Help !! No one is doing the test so I can compare if my heating working correctly
Have you tried to reset the vent flaps ?

Ah , I'm interested in the air vents while I'm actually driving the van , my initial post was as to why it takes half hour to get to 90 degrees oil temp and I have to put it on high 27 degrees plus to actually get hot air out dash vents ?? Is this normal ??
On my ford transit connect diseal old van it only takes 5 mins to get red hot .

Don't think you can drive with auxiliary diseal night heater switched on ???

I'm just trying find out about cab heater with only me in vehicle driving
Oil temperature will vary depending on the load demands on the engine. However, it's not the oil temperature, but rather the coolant temperature which provides heat to the cab heater, by way of a heat exchanger. Water, not oil. You can see the engine coolant temperature, which should be held at 90 degrees by the engine thermostat, on the temperature gauge next to the speedometer. If engine coolant temperature takes half an hour to get to 90 degrees, your engine thermostat is probably broken and should be checked by VW, UNLESS you are just idling the engine without driving the vehicle, a practice VW discourages because it slows the engine reaching operating temperature and increases wear and emissions.

If engine coolant temperature takes half an hour to get to 90 degrees, your engine thermostat is probably broken and should be checked by VW
That's what i was saying in post no. 10

Post no. 11 "Thanks I get it checked out :thumb"

Yet here we are going round in circles again :headbang

That's what i was saying in post no. 10

Post no. 11 "Thanks I get it checked out :thumb"

Yet here we are going round in circles again :headbang
Yes, I saw that. I’m trying to be helpful but have noticed that the OP often doesn’t read the responses before reposting, or doesn’t read them carefully enough to absorb the information. Maybe this time?

It's with volkswagen now. See what they come up with ?? Iv left temp gauge on dash incase they don't have one.
If can read below says could be one of 2 heaters or combination of both ???
Not clue what's in Cali ??
Be usefull if volkswagen actually told you what's in vehicle ???

20240917_161859.jpg

Last edited:
It's with volkswagen now. See what they come up with ?? Iv left temp gauge on dash incase they don't have one.
If can read below says could be one of 2 heaters or combination of both ???
Not clue what's in Cali ??
Be usefull if volkswagen actually told you what's in vehicle ???

View attachment 129107
They have. See your Post 17 above.

Yes, I saw that. I’m trying to be helpful but have noticed that the OP often doesn’t read the responses before reposting, or doesn’t read them carefully enough to absorb the information. Maybe this time?
Apparently not.

I do not see any operating mode option anywhere to heat just cab of vehicle ??
Or does this have to be done via mobile phone ?
These vans nightmare too much technology an complication :(

There is no vents passenger side ?
Can't check volkswagen have my van , but sure not seen them .
No option on vw app to control heating mode that I can see ?? To switch to front control ?
Such a complex heating system , air con , standard heater and Auxillary heater

20240917_180150.jpg

Yes , but not what each one actually is for ???;):(:( one is Ebasto the other EBerspacher ?
For heavens sake.
The Eberspacher heater is the Diesel powered Parking Heater. It is operated from the Control Panel in Continious Heat mode and can run as long as you have electric power from the leisure batteries and diesel in the tank.
The Heater remote control will start/stop the Eberspacher heater in Immediate Heat mode. This is used to warm up the vehicle or de-ice it and will run for a maximum 2 hrs. The timer is reset by driving the vehicle.

The Webasto heater heats the engine coolant to warm up the engine. It is automatic and only functions when the ambient temperature is 5c or below and the engine is started. It switches off when the coolant temperature reaches 75c. There are No manual controls for it.

I think it is time for you to sell your California and get something less sophisticated.

Back