Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater Remote

• Thread starter The Mighty Pauls
  • Start date
The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hey lovely chaps. Recently got a 13 plate SE - tried the remote the other day from the cab and various flashing green lights left me slightly baffled but it seemed to work eventually.

Tried again this morning and no lights at all. Assuming it’s dead battery? Is that easy to change?

Thanks in advance!

Yep, changed it in our old van, no problem... Dont ask me what size it is though!

Thanks Thomas. Is it simple to open the key? Or is it a case of slide something thin in the edge and prize it open?

Also - the remote appears to work again for no apparent reason but with a flashing green light - is this normal?

Thanks again all.

Assuming yours is the same as mine, see the photo below. Just slide down the lid in the direction of the arrow.opening_heater_remote.jpg

Replace battery and you're done.

But make sure you read the manual / search the forums. The remote flashes green when you turn the heater on. It flashed red when you turn the heater off, but I believe it also flashes red when it's out of range/blocked and the signal doesnt reach the van.

Read in an older thread that it happens to others that it doesn't work and then suddenly does. Sounds like normal behaviour of a (nearly) empty battery. Also keep in mind batteries are effected by the cold.

my knowledge is based on a t6, but don't think there is any change in the heater between the t5 and 6. When you press the remote to switch on the heater, the green light flashes until the remote is able to communicate with the receiver unit and the heater switches on. When you press the remote to switch off the unit, the light flashes red and switches off the heater.

Opening the key should be fairly easy. YouTube should have some videos I guess. Not checked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Assuming yours is the same as mine, see the photo below. Just slide down the lid in the direction of the arrow.View attachment 70548

Replace battery and you're done.

But make sure you read the manual / search the forums. The remote flashes green when you turn the heater on. It flashed red when you turn the heater off, but I believe it also flashes red when it's out of range/blocked and the signal doesnt reach the van.

Read in an older thread that it happens to others that it doesn't work and then suddenly does. Sounds like normal behaviour of a (nearly) empty battery. Also keep in mind batteries are effected by the cold.
Amazing - you guys rock!!

Back