Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP NEEDED... Fiamma side panels

lynne

lynne

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
I have just bought 2 Fiamma side panels to fit on my VW awning, ( assured it would fit) can not for the life of me find any information about fitting the stupid things and I dont want to start drilling holes on my awning.
Will they fit or am I and my husband having a blonde moment???
Thanks anyone how can shed so light on this, been on you tube and the fiamma site NOWT!!!!!!

Who assured you they would fit.? Your VW awning is made by omnistor now owned by Thule Nick at Comfortz is the man to ask about the difference

Who assured you they would fit.? Your VW awning is made by omnistor now owned by Thule Nick at Comfortz is the man to ask about the difference

Spoke to the main guy at Fiamma, as the 2 seperate agents I went to did not have a clue and he said yes, no problem, you need blah blah blah comes with fixing kit, Arghhhhhh I have spent 3 hours, trying to find a way of fixing it, any hoo at least I have kept the neighbours entertained.

Sold my drive away awning (in the classifieds) to a guy this morning and chatting about them (and Fiammas etc) the one thing he said is whatever you do don't bother with the Privacy Room type sides, total PITA and take 1/2 hour to assemble even if an expert. Plus you cannot just drive away as with an awning. Make of that what you will, just passing it on! :)

chatting about them (and Fiammas etc) the one thing he said is whatever you do don't bother with the Privacy Room type sides, total PITA and take 1/2 hour to assemble even if an expert. Plus you cannot just drive away as with an awning. Make of that what you will, just passing it on! :)

Which ones are you referring to please as we were looking to buy the Comfortz ones?

Which ones are you referring to please as we were looking to buy the Comfortz ones?
Comfortz ones are fine for the T5, we are just trying to get the fiamma ones to fit as i like them better

The guy had a Fiamma awning and what Fiamma call 'Privacy Room' - basically side panels to 'turn' a wind out sun-awning into a non-driveaway awning.

The guy had a Fiamma awning and what Fiamma call 'Privacy Room' - basically side panels to 'turn' a wind out sun-awning into a non-driveaway awning.
Ooooo did he say that he managed to fit them?

+1 for Comfortz side panels, we don't know how we survived before these, great bit of kit.

+1 for Comfortz side panels, we don't know how we survived before these, great bit of kit.
It is just t

It is just
Thanks for that advice, been onto fiamma web site and they have a fixing kit you can buy, here's praying it works.

Is your awning a Fiamma one or the omnistore?
I had a complete Fiamma privacy room but gave up trying to fit it to the Omnistore awning & sold it as the fixing/adapter kit wasn't actually available to buy anywhere.

I have seen a video on YouTube of the fitting of the Fiamma awning sides, if you Google you should find it

I have seen a video on YouTube of the fitting of the Fiamma awning sides, if you Google you should find it
Thats for fixing it onto a fiamma awning, not a vw one unfortunately, but thanks for the heads up

Is your awning a Fiamma one or the omnistore?
I had a complete Fiamma privacy room but gave up trying to fit it to the Omnistore awning & sold it as the fixing/adapter kit wasn't actually available to buy anywhere.
O well we will see, giving them a ring tomorrow to see if I can get it sorted.

O well we will see, giving them a ring tomorrow to see if I can get it sorted.
Have you got the poles that come with the fiamma sides? You should have got some pictorial instructions how to fit them to the omnistor awning. You do not need any of the fitting kit. I posted some pictures in a previous thread how they fit.

Have you got the poles that come with the fiamma sides? You should have got some pictorial instructions how to fit them to the omnistor awning. You do not need any of the fitting kit. I posted some pictures in a previous thread how they fit.
Yes I haver had a look through, but your end looks different to mu end on my awning.
I will take some pictures of mine and send them to you, if you dont mind tomorrow.

Back