Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I hate the wardrobe!

We put as much as we can on coat hangers. I am 6' 5" and it works fine.

I made coat hangers by taking cheapo wire ones and "squashing" them upwards so they are more rectangular rather than triangular, to save vertical space. Using wire ones saves on the limited horizontal space too. I also re-bend the hooks much tighter and trim the surplus off with small bolt cutters so they waste no vertical space either. I then put heat shrink wrap insulation on the reprofiled coat hanger hook so that it has a smooth, snag free finish

I take plastic trouser hangers (like from m and s) and use these as they come, but have two pairs of trousers per hanger. 'Er indoors shirts go on top of the trouser hangers if need be.

I have the safe beneath the hung clothes, but keep my gear in a plastic bag so that it is easier to retrieve. You can cram loads in the wardrobe if you use adjusted wire hangers like this - cramming clothes in stops any rattles. Yes it is a faff to get to the hanger you want in the morning, but the mass of storage created more than makes up for this.

I also thought the wardrobe was crap, until I made these hangers. Now I think it is a good compromise. Hanging clothes in it like this frees up space in the under seat drawer.

David&Sue said:
Looking at the pictures I wonder if everything will just fall to the bottom anyway as the front right corner seems to be cut away?

The corner is not cut off the ones in my post..
type3eingebaut.jpg

...and the shelves SEEM to have raised edges.

We use it for bedding
13 tog down duvet, 2 sleeping bags for the kids, 3 pillows and sheets for downstairs bed.
Full to bursting so couldn't be a better use of space.
Clothes (mostly Rohan so no creasing issues) stay in holdalls.

Yep, another for the bedding , extremely useful! One double duvet, two single sleeping bags, top and bottom sheets plus a few other things that can be jammed in!

Have also used it for shirt and trousers when away on business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have another style of wardrobe shelf conversion kit coming soon, these have raised edges and also have spare room to hang cothes from the rail.

Watch this space!

SchrankausbauMedium2.jpg SchrankausbauMedium3.jpg

Fully agree on Rohan clothing, though for underwear I am slowly moving towards Bridgedale and icebreaker instead. Almost any reasonable quality Merino wool and/or bamboo is brilliant for fast wicking and being warm and fast drying. Fast drying is really the key as you never end up with much dirty clothing. I wash clothing as often as possible, usually daily, the same as when I go on extended cycling or backpacking trips. Towel-rolling is a great way to dry clothes quickly without creasing them, but of course you then need to dry the towels.Though electric hand driers are quite handy here ;) I backpacked with a 32L backpack for over a year, with the above. So the california seems seems huge! I have added eagle creek packing cubes to my packing list for the California,they just keeps things tidier. To answer the original question, I use the wardrobe as a wet locker. Wetsuits, flotation and life jackets, hardshells, over trousers etc oh ..... and hanging wet washing whilst enroute in an "emergency"

Try Rohan stuff.
Yu don't need much of it, it can be folded and put in the rear wardrobe cupboard and they do jackets and more formal trousers that can be hung in that perishing wardrobe. The wife? aagh now that's another matter....!
But seriously, we both use Rohan stuff, very good (I,m not on commission)
Not just us then !

We love the wardrobe space, jackets fleeces trousers hanging up ( Rohan too) and even if I wanted a dress , easy hanging. Bottom ‘abyss’ as someone laughingly called it goes our laundry bag. What more do you want in there !
Pull down drawer has our pj’s, wash bags and towels.
We have one collapsible Vango carrier in the boot space with underwear, t shirts, sandals and socks.
The rest of the boot space is taken up by hook up cable, ramps, single step stool, our walking boots and we still have room for our drive away awning and a box of groceries.
Shelves above gas storage house the dogs waterproof coat and dry coat and additional lead and collar plus his food and med / emergency supplies.
Above boot space on top of bottom bed mattress sits our sleeping bags and pillows.
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff and we travel light lol.
Trick is being organised, honing a system that works for you evolves over time… indeed ours is still evolving.

Wot!! An 8 year old thread has risen it's head. For what's worth. We think the wardrobe is great as it is. Load of thin wire coat hangers, even a safe in the bottom, but we've done lots of backpacking, so for us, a wardrobe is a luxury.

Wot!! An 8 year old thread has risen it's head. For what's worth. We think the wardrobe is great as it is. Load of thin wire coat hangers, even a safe in the bottom, but we've done lots of backpacking, so for us, a wardrobe is a luxury.
Yes I agree. Love the wardrobe and it’s a luxury.

ahi lo he dicho..
teníamos un "armario" similar en nuestra antigua bahía y nos volvía locos... nunca se puede llegar al fondo de una pila de cosas sin que todo se arruine... el Cali tiene espacio para colgar pero si cuelgas la ropa no puedes ver hacia el oscuro abismo de abajo... ya sea un "montón de cosas" o "cosas colgadas", no es un uso fácil del espacio... el peor.diseño de la historia. Los cajones serían más útiles...
Escuché que puedes conseguir estantes... ¿son de marca? ¿Aún puedes acceder al abismo inferior?

así que dime, ¿cómo usas tu 'vestuario'? ¿De hecho lo usas para la ropa? o algo mas? Estoy pensando que las bolsas de ropa en el maletero serán más fáciles... podría poner comida en el armario en su lugar... o uno de los niños...
tal vez podría poner la ropa debajo del banco?
De todos modos, todos los consejos son bienvenidos... ¿Puedes decir que se avecina un 'primer gran viaje'? Tengo 5 días para pensar en empacar para 4...
¡Gracias
Nosotros en nuestra Cali llevamos este organizador en color gris.
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07WC2S44D/ =R1TABTYIMEDK&keywords=organizador%2Bde%2Bropa&qid=1655228164&sprefix=organizador%2Bde%2Bropa%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-137&th=1