Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I knew I was right.....

Went for grey myself but still think its a safe but boring choice as was silver before it. I also have two black cars, its all about blending in the background I guess.

When travelling France i always tend to think that white is the standard...
Myself i do like grey doh:D
As for my Cali ....i did not get to chose anything ....it was in the showroom like this and it was all i could affort.

4B046AF2-B81A-4DB8-9D6A-E21588C9A7F0.jpeg Yes i guess it includes metallic colours like Paul’s indium grey, as grey is presumably the colour on the V5.

I actually really like VW pure grey and nearly bought a T5 kombi in that colour but went for dark wood instead.

With some cars like Fords and the VW Polo, grey is only free colour so that will push the statistics up.

I'd strongly consider grey next time as I've grown to like the idea of blending into the landscape when parked up in a pretty spot. I think it's a shame when gazing down a tranquil lake view in the early morning mist and some plonker has parked a white or primary coloured van in a layby on the other side. And with a mid-blue van currently, that plonker might be me!

When travelling France i always tend to think that white is the standard...
Myself i do like grey doh:D
As for my Cali ....i did not get to chose anything ....it was in the showroom like this and it was all i could affort.
Friends in France tell me that standard colours are white if you want any other colour it is extra

I thought that when contemplating our first, but its only a camper when the tops up and on a site all other times its a VW bus. The colour pops in different lights then Lowered, sidebars, bigger wheels and other mods it does come alive.

You can go for a surf bus with bright colours or the grown up look with the "depressing" colours :kiss

Also both our old vans sold very quickly with no issues.

Friends in France tell me that standard colours are white if you want any other colour it is extra
Since white has become more popular in the UK many manufactures have started to charge extra for it, Vans have avoided this nasty little trick up till now.

We've been ahead of the curve for some time but beige now finally makes it into top 10 new car colours!

I used to have a Vauxhall Carlton that colour (company car - I didn't choose it) thirty years back. Never thought beige would come back to haunt us.

upload_2019-1-18_18-16-44.png

Well maybe Burnercan can sell us some camo nets after all.

:talktothehand :Grin

Ever heard of confirmation bias, WG?

Our Cali is 2016, so Oryx White was bang on trend (then). We would have chosen beige (or silver) but the Cali that chose us was not. As Mrs White says, "you got all you wanted on your list, I only had one request which was the colour, and I didn't even get that".

Ever considerate, my stock reply is "Okay, so you find the extra £8k then" ...

Buying used I didn't have many options, in the end it was down to beige or black and when I asked myself 'Could I learn to live with the beige?' the answer was a resounding NO, not when I'm spending THAT much!
Each to his own. I really don't care what the used Cali buyers in future will think of it but from the comments I've had I don't think there'll be a problem finding a new home for it when I can no longer use it - and that's how long it's staying with me!

That's the great thing about personal choice, I would not have black given TBH. as said when we saw our first beige Cali I was not enamoured, I asked my self the same question as Bikergran but it was a pre-reg so thought we would give it a go, with the intention of changing within a few years with the spec we wanted.
Once I had put all the trick bits on I loved it so much so we are awaiting our third. It will get the same treatment as the others which sold very quickly, hence there must be other people out there who like the dull boring colour ;).
I wonder if its the colour that is criticised or the name, polished and cleaned it pops with grey, gold, silver and titanium.

Done to death in architecture since the late 90s :Iamsorry. Bored of it now.

RAL 9006, RAL 9007, or BS 18 B 25....or BS 10 A 05...…….or windows in RAL 7035 or 7038. The new grey is Anthracite RAL 7016. Now currently on black but with a graphite tint

Don't need a RAL colour swatch anymore:talktothehand

I used to have a Vauxhall Carlton that colour (company car - I didn't choose it) thirty years back. Never thought beige would come back to haunt us.

View attachment 40787

Well maybe Burnercan can sell us some camo nets after all.

:talktothehand :Grin
Christ on a bike!! Can’t you warn people there is a picture like that in the thread?
I’ll have that Vauxhall image in my head all day now!!!:Nailbiting

Back