Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kids bike on T6 bike rack

M

mainy

Guest User
Hello all.
Can anyone please tell me if they have successfully fitted a kids bike (16" frame) onto a T6 VW bike carrier, the tailgate one from VW.
Thanks,
John.

Do you mean 16" wheel? 16" frame is a small adult. Easy to fit anything really though - if the strap holes are too far away (unlikely) then just wrap around the rack wheel holders.

If the correct arm does not reach (ie shortest arm for nearest) then use one of the other arms to increase the reach.

If you have adult bikes too then just use the fourth arm from an adult bike to the kids bike.

perfect thank you Max, should have said it is a 16" wheel. The bike model is a Dawes Blowfish 16"

Hello all.
Can anyone please tell me if they have successfully fitted a kids bike (16" frame) onto a T6 VW bike carrier, the tailgate one from VW.
Thanks,
John.
Yes - two 14" wheel bikes in positions #3 and #4.

We locked #3 bike to #2 bike with a short D lock so it was secured in position.

For position #4 we reversed both wheel clamps, then used the double arm to clamp #4 bike to #3 bike.

All four bikes were locked together and to the bike rack with a stout cable.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Brilliant thank you for all the answers! I'll go and take the plunge now!

Hello all.
Thanks,
John.
Hi John, your details say you have a 2013 T5 Cali on order?? I take it you now have a T6, updating your details can help other members answer your queries. :thumb