Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leak...

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Our Cali T5 2007 was put in the garage box after heavy rainfall. This morning I noticed some clear fluid leaking underneath the engine compartment, near the right weel (the wheel is on the left side of the car). The fluid is clear and odourless. There was also some water underneath the tires both sides.

I opened the engine compartment and noticed that the fluid was coming out of a blind ending rubber tube at the rear wall of the engine compartment, on the passanger's side. I will attach a picture where the fluid comes from.

Is this ok?

IMG_20160628_090512.jpg

Thats the drain for the area under the grill in front of the windscreen . Perfectly normal.

OK - thank you very much... So I do not need to worry ;-))

OK - thank you very much... So I do not need to worry ;-))
Just make sure it is clear and draining properly. If it was still draining, after it had stopped raining then that could indicate it is partially blocked with leaves etc: give it a squeeze or push a bit of wire up it to make sure it is clear.
I have to do that frequently as I get a lot of pine needles collecting under that grill and have to clear them out with the vacuum cleaner.

Normally these drains are flattened front to back and squeezing side to side clears out any debris.