Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long delays if now ordering a T6

W

Westermant

We went into South Hereford this week to order a T6 Ocean but was shocked to be told delivery would not be until at least June !! We had no idea the lead time would be so long. We have now decided to start looking for a T5 Cali so we dont miss the season. Is anyone else being quoted these lead times or is it down to dealer quota?

We went into South Hereford this week to order a T6 Ocean but was shocked to be told delivery would not be until at least June !! We had no idea the lead time would be so long. We have now decided to start looking for a T5 Cali so we dont miss the season. Is anyone else being quoted these lead times or is it down to dealer quota?
Hi. Thread already on this see T6 Cali delay 2 thread below this one.

June? Ordered today and might get it by the end of July if lucky. Slovakia had its quota spent and can order for October now :))

I would say that is about normal
Agree. It is a niche vehicle, built to order basically and it does have the Euro 6 engines unlike the T6 commercial vehicles at the moment.

Ours was due to arrive in week one of this year but has now been changed to week 12 :(

Ask if they have any demo models for sale, can often get a good deal and get them very fast (that's what I did with my T5)

After running a T5 van conversion for a while, the wife and I decided to go for it big style and get a new T6 California. We didn't want to wait the 6 months so I rang dealers in a 100 mile radius to see if any demonstrators were due to come off. Not only did most of them say yes but quite a few had new ones just delivered that were available. We jumped in and bought ours on Saturday and can have it immediately. We are leaving it for a few weeks and picking it up on the 1st of March (new reg). We didn't get to spec it ourselves but it's just what we wanted anyway, white 204 DSG with a high (and slightly costly) spec. It's worth phoning round if you want one but can't bear the wait. We are so excited we can hardly sleep!!!

Fantasic! Bang; bought! I am sure readers will be interested to hear if you were able to negotiate much of a discount off list price, but you get your Cali in 4 weeks, you lucky so and so - no wonder you can't sleep!

After running a T5 van conversion for a while, the wife and I decided to go for it big style and get a new T6 California. We didn't want to wait the 6 months so I rang dealers in a 100 mile radius to see if any demonstrators were due to come off. Not only did most of them say yes but quite a few had new ones just delivered that were available. We jumped in and bought ours on Saturday and can have it immediately. We are leaving it for a few weeks and picking it up on the 1st of March (new reg). We didn't get to spec it ourselves but it's just what we wanted anyway, white 204 DSG with a high (and slightly costly) spec. It's worth phoning round if you want one but can't bear the wait. We are so excited we can hardly sleep!!!

We did the same 3 years ago - went to the dealers to order in Feb after umming and ahhing all winter, to be told it would be a 17 week wait or " you can have this one that is due to be our demo but still unregistered". It had everything we wanted bar the wrong colour, but we could live with that, so collected it 2 weeks later! Definately worth checking if dealers will sell their planned demo vehicles, they are usually high spec so likely to cover what you will need - we got towbar and diff lock on ours which we wanted but never expected they would have on a demo. We still got a good discount as well.

Fantasic! Bang; bought! I am sure readers will be interested to hear if you were able to negotiate much of a discount off list price, but you get your Cali in 4 weeks, you lucky so and so - no wonder you can't sleep!
Haha, when you rush in to a showroom, chomping at the bit and begging for a van you look slightly silly then saying you want a big discount. I'm ashamed to say we didn't really haggle although we did get the multifunction steering wheel thrown in and he agreed to swap our wheels for the silver and black ones on the showroom vehicle which we really wanted. So all on all we are quite happy. I'll now hear how everyone else haggles thousands off the price. Please don't tell me...

Haha, when you rush in to a showroom, chomping at the bit and begging for a van you look slightly silly then saying you want a big discount. I'm ashamed to say we didn't really haggle although we did get the multifunction steering wheel thrown in and he agreed to swap our wheels for the silver and black ones on the showroom vehicle which we really wanted. So all on all we are quite happy. I'll now hear how everyone else haggles thousands off the price. Please don't tell me...
Ha, you can't have it both ways can you but you'll be enjoying yours straight away - priceless!

There was no cali demo in a whole country here for years :) The dealer I ordered from said they've ordered a beach demo and it arrives in a month or two. But there was not the configuration I needed.

Haha, when you rush in to a showroom, chomping at the bit and begging for a van you look slightly silly then saying you want a big discount..
Thats another bad side of getting demos, you might have custom one ordered for cheaper because of a discount.
Even if I get one at the end of a season that discount covers me like over 2 months rental :)

Ordered mine in August. It's finally arrived in the UK this week = c. 5 1/2 to 6 months by the time I'll get it. It's been fun using the time to plan all the trips in it!

June? Ordered today and might get it by the end of July if lucky. Slovakia had its quota spent and can order for October now :))

Ordered my new California in April told today it was down for delivery to dealer in Ireland for the 1st of November

Back