Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loo before kitchen

True but often the weather is not suitable for cooking outside but no matter how bad it gets you can always take a p#*s outside.
:shocked

Alright for some!!

Yes, your point though is valid, for me at least. Most of my camping has been in most inhospitable climates.

If there were say a Cali with Loo but without kitchen how many would prefer it over the Ocean/SE?

I personally do not like the idea of a loo even in my friends house sized Winnebago as the idea of carrying one around is unappealing.

But it does have its conveniences....

Just curious. The side currently used up for kitchen somehow tiny loo!
Priority of loo over kitchen depends how old you are. Loo starts to become more important! :D

Apart from a water bottle - does anyone have a neat solution for a pee upstairs?
Yeah, lift the Porta Potti up.

Or just put a bucket between the front seats and aim :D

I have taken GranJens opinion and going to order a Thetford 335!

Just to store away in case needed. One of those things.

The bog in a bag sounds convenient but mysterious. An American roomate in the U.S. once told me tube socks worked well, and could then be flung out of a car!

Given that he was a college football player I have little doubt he had actually attempted it.

Anyway, my Cali intended more for day or weekend trips at moment so not the biggest issue. No pun intended....

The bog in a bag sounds convenient but mysterious. An American roomate in the U.S. once told me tube socks worked well, and could then be flung out of a car!

Given that he was a college football player I have little doubt he had actually attempted it.

Anyway, my Cali intended more for day or weekend trips at moment so not the biggest issue. No pun intended....
If it's for just incase you might be better with a popaloo. They take up less space, easier to clean/empty and you don't need to carry round the liquid chemical.

Last edited:
If it's for just incase you might be better with a popaloo. They take up less space, easier to clean/empty and you don't need to carry round the liquid chemical.

Cool. Going to look it up..

Save your money and find a bottle. My wife, point blank refuses to pee outside or on a travel potty, as she puts it.
Plus it's something else taking up space. It's not really a problem for blokes.
The biggest issue is finding a bottle with a big enough opening :rolleyes:

Save your money and find a bottle
I'd need a crate of them :D

Don't think they'd be much use for Mrs. She did try a shewee once, unsuccessfully. (Fortunately the trial was in the shower)

I'd need a crate of them :D

Don't think they'd be much use for Mrs. She did try a shewee once, unsuccessfully. (Fortunately the trial was in the shower)
Oh no,
First Bregzit, then Underpants White versus Dingleberry, then to loo or not to loo, now it going to be Weeing in the shower :)

True but often the weather is not suitable for cooking outside but no matter how bad it gets you can always take a p#*s outside.

Very true, I managed one outside in Cumbria in sideways 80mph wind/blizzards. If you can pee there you can pee anywhere. Admittedly it was rather risky if you know what I mean.

Yes, nice.
At last something super useful for the Cali. Those other bottles just don't cut the mustard. Best I found were the 3/5 litre water bottles, but I think we have a new winner...!
:D

Yes, nice.
At last something super useful for the Cali. Those other bottles just don't cut the mustard. Best I found were the 3/5 litre water bottles, but I think we have a new winner...!
:D
Years of roof tent camping...

Last edited:
The bog in bag can be a highly sociable thing.

Using the stool to sit out on this summer got me some interesting looks. Easy to tell those who know what it's primary purpose is :D

A sort of secret society. The honourable society of bogger-baggers :D

Last edited:
Could we not all refer to it as a folding chair in this particular context...........

Oh no,
First Bregzit, then Underpants White versus Dingleberry, then to loo or not to loo, now it going to be Weeing in the shower :)

Yeah, this post has is going right down the pan :)

Don't get too bogged down over it :(
:Iamsorry

Back