Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loo before kitchen

We two have a potti for our little botti's.
Mainly used at night its not a problem for the two of us as generally we get up at different times in the night. One of us stays in bed, to me its better than trekking to the sites loo's. Never had any smell issues and empty every couple of days . The Thetford we have has storage for the two small bottles which will last us a week. Best must have accessory we have.

We have a porta-potti but seldom need to use it - generally staying on campsites. But for less organised trips, I made a cover for it out of oilcloth, and we keep it behind the driver's seat. Put a tray on top of it and it's a handy coffee table.
At night (we sleep up top) the user can discreetly close the roof shutter for privacy. It doesn't work so well in the daytime though as we don't have privacy glass :-0

when wild camping we tend to find that the spade and damp doc leaf is the best alternative kit available and keeps the air fresh in the Cali. We invested in an umbrella for inclement weather! :)

when wild camping we tend to find that the spade and damp doc leaf is the best alternative kit available and keeps the air fresh in the Cali. We invested in an umbrella for inclement weather! :)

Umbrella? If held upside down could be used for purpose.

Long as it's not flipped over before its contents are dispersed.

Very true, I managed one outside in Cumbria in sideways 80mph wind/blizzards. If you can pee there you can pee anywhere. Admittedly it was rather risky if you know what I mean.
That's where the phrase "getting your own back" originated from ;)

In my experience dock leaf not very absorbent, worse than Izal toilet paper which was best used as tracing paper.:)

OK if you know your dock leafs from your stinging nettles :D

One or two of these might be the answer. The question is............can they be made to swivel as well? Just don't use whilst your Cali is standing in the station.
image.jpeg

Best solution is to ask neighbouring Cali ownera to use theirs for a penny or two.

Be grateful the Cali doesn't have room for a VW-standard toilet. If it did, Hannover would presumably equip the thing with a 'scatological inspection shelf' (flachspeuler I believe).

(Anyone who's lived in Germany will know - with horrible flashbacks - what I mean. And if you haven't, you don't wanna know. Trust me).

What more can you want?

Collapsible bottles:-
1464268875-52976000.jpg

With a handy volume scale, so with the aid of a stopwatch you can calculate your average flow rate.

Can I just say, as somebody who spends a huge amount of his time running in the mountains and hills, mossy saxifrage is your friend ;)

Failing that lush grass will do. As for a travel potty, I can't think of anything worse....

I do believe this thread has degenerated somewhat since it came on 'stream'.

Back