Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loo before kitchen

To drag things out of the mire we have got into and to address the initial question Bilbos make a VW with a Loo.
It sits opposite the kitchen so, you don't fancy your partner sitting on it while you cook the chips it may not suit you. But it is a full size bog. Probably bit more comfortable than a port potti

Not sure of the van name but it is long wheelbase and has single beds so, again, it may not suit all (me for one).
It has an interesting side opening roof, which as far as i am aware, does not suffer from corrosion. :oops:

Goodness I feel like writing a ditty....
but given the subject it may be ...

a bit of a pity

Granny Jen

Please can you elaborate more on the following . We use the Popaloo occasionally . I agree about the cost of bags but haven't got a clue what you're talking about . Are the Popaloo bags biodegradable ? I hope so . My boys are 33 and 28 !

" I use disposable nappy liners, and before anyone screams "landfill" I use the relatively expensive compostable ones, environmentally friendly and when compared to bog in bags inexpensive, and I use AllBio plant resin 25l bags as the receptacle, also environmentally friendly and also comparatively inexpensive."

More details please ?

Very entertaining though ! Oh and Caligirl is the gardener .

Last edited:
Granny Jen

Please can you elaborate more on the following . We use the Popaloo occasionally . I agree about the cost of bags but haven't got a clue what you're talking about . Are the Popaloo bags biodegradable ? I hope so . My boys are 33 and 28 !

" I use disposable nappy liners, and before anyone screams "landfill" I use the relatively expensive compostable ones, environmentally friendly and when compared to bog in bags inexpensive, and I use AllBio plant resin 25l bags as the receptacle, also environmentally friendly and also comparatively inexpensive."

More details please ?

Very entertaining though ! Oh and Caligirl is the gardener .

I am going off flakey memory but I believe a pop-a-loo bag works out at about £1 per one time use.

You pay a lot for a handful of absorbent granules at the bottom of a biodegradable bag. This is what makes pop-a--loo expensive.

However you can buy inexpensive biodegradable strong bags of appropriate size. I use all bio 25L here

Of course you also need the absorbency and gelling element. Well, as a dutiful Granny I change nappies most weeks, can attest to their absorbency and hygienic aspects and use those of a compostable nature, no clogging landfills up for years, compost into the soil within 70 days. I use disposable inserts from here

Bag plus absorber = less than 50p per "nighttime problem resolved" compared to pop-a-loo bags and biodegrades within 70 days.

Thanks for the links Granny Jen. Sorry you had to spell it out . Will order some .

Back