Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members other rides ..???!!!!

Nope 1979 and its my birthday today :D

My wife is using the Beach as a daily drive and we sold our 2013 Focus and 1970 Bay Window to get it.

rippers said:

My wife is using the Beach as a daily drive and we sold our 2013 Focus and 1970 Bay Window to get it.

Happy Birthday :clap . Make sure you buy yourself something nice. My wife's birthday next week and she always claims it is too close to Christmas and everyone is broke this time of year! I won't disappoint her!

rippers said:

Happy birthday... Fantastic :clap

Have to say, I'd have got rid of the Split and kept the Bay... but then again I'm a little strange ;)

I just love Early and indeed Crossover Bays

Mark you should see my old early bay :thumb the new owner has fully restored it and hires it out for weddings he should be there as he lives in little billing :thumb

Calikev said:
Mark you should see my old early bay :thumb the new owner has fully restored it and hires it out for weddings he should be there as he lives in little billing :thumb

Just a couple of miles down the road from me... See if he wants to come along to Wicksteed and we can have a little non-Cali area... :)

Bet you regret it every now and then ;)

Yes I still have loads of pictures of when I had it :thumb

Our friends parents have the "same" Cali as us plus a mint Bay in sparkling condition; just greedy!
I grew up camping in an early Bay too.
Hired a splitty for my sisters wedding; went down pretty well.

Love the look of them but they mostly seem to be owned by wealthy lifestylers wanting instant access to the surf scene (down here anyway). They but them with the work already done often for more than a fully loaded Cali. Nutters.

Our Main (Modern) Rides are;
2010 Cali 4Motion
2008 EOS TDI
2012 UP Black

But for some extra fun we have;
1951 Jowett Jupiter
1990 964 Carrera 2 Cabriolet
1986 Syncro DOKA Feuerwehr
1988 Syncro Carravelle
1989 Syncro Hightop ex Ambulance

We take some (or all) of these to some of the Classic or VW events we go to.

:cool:

I'm still looking for a California... But my other rides are =

VW Golf GTD .. Love this car

VW Polo .... Love this car also...

VW Split screen 1965... In the garage and not used.. Only done 73000 KM.. ..Westfalia

The Bay window went today so couldn't resist staging this pic before it went

IMG_7703_zpsdeb7d782.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7703_zpsdeb7d782.jpg
    IMG_7703_zpsdeb7d782.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2
sd5000 said:
Like Kernowlad, just taken delivery this week of a new grey BMW. No red leather though! ;)

Very smart; what engine?

Really enjoying ours; it had so a paint issue sorted last week and we picked it up yesterday; really missed it!

Not mine but I borrowed this Infiniti FX37S for a few days last week. Huge on the outside, small but very comfortable on the inside. Very quick and sure footed. Not so great on fuel...

(Arty photo was a long exposure in almost complete darkness with a car passing by giving some extra light)

Day523-22-01-2014_zpsf2c311cd.jpg

Attachments

• Day523-22-01-2014_zpsf2c311cd.jpg
    Day523-22-01-2014_zpsf2c311cd.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
So, just had the 420d Sport for a week while an issue was sorted with our roof paint. Was surprisingly nippy! It had the manual box though. Ours has the 8 speed sport auto box too; a cracking little unit!

sd5000 said:
Ok, it's only got 60 miles on the clock so it will loosen up I am sure. :thumb

Does yours need running in? Our is meant to be kept under 4.5k rpm (it goes to 7k) for 1200 miles. Now on 450...!

Just collected one of my other rides after restoration - a Goldie. I have a Blue USA West Coast version and this in UK Clubman trim. It' been in bits since 1992 so good to see it back together again.

Cali is great for towing - just done 500 miles in the past few days.

Andy

P2041123.JPG P2041126.JPG

Managed to find a picture of my other Goldie in US West Coast trim. Sold by Hap Alzina in California back in 1963 - real 'California Dreamin' :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance .

Not as flash, but more relaxing / easier to ride.

Andy

Blue Goldie.jpg goldie2.jpeg

Lovely bikes! I know naff all about them but love the looks!
750 miles (not yet run in) on the M135i now and really enjoying it; ballistic performance (even not redlining) and sound, a chassis that feels directly connected to your brain yet on a brisk run back from Truro, it did 32.3mpg (much less if you gun it)! Proper Jekyll and Hyde car!

Back