Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My new Ocean!!

C

cowboyengineer

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hasn't arrived yet! But it will soon, and I got impatient so I'm going to start the thread now. I ordered in April and am expecting delivery in about 8 week, so the wait is almost over. Anyway here is the spec

Black 204 4x4 DSG Ocean
with the following options:
Heated front screen
Power sliding door
Mudflaps
4 eys
All weather tyre 235-55r17
TPMS
Discover pro nav
Alloy spare wheel
Bed extension and comfort mattress
Rear Diff
Bigger fuel tank
Davenport Alloy wheels
Tow bar
Trailer assist+par assist+rear view camera

I've had a few nice cars in my time, but I am most excited about this vehicle!

I did order the green like yours, still questioning my decision, but I need it to look as uncamper as a camper van can look

Hasn't arrived yet! But it will soon, and I got impatient so I'm going to start the thread now. I ordered in April and am expecting delivery in about 8 week, so the wait is almost over. Anyway here is the spec

Black 204 4x4 DSG Ocean
Heated front screen
Power sliding door
Mudflaps
4 eys
TPMS
Discover pro nav
Alloy spare wheel
Rear Diff
Bigger fuel tank
Davenport Alloy wheels
Tow bar

Great stuff - nice spec!
How so quick between order and delivery?

Ordered on the 23/11/20 will be delivered in June

Black 204 4x4 DSG Ocean
Heated front screen
Power sliding door
Mudflaps
4 eys
TPMS
Discover pro nav
Alloy spare wheel
Rear Diff
Bigger fuel tank
Davenport Alloy wheels
Tow bar

When i ordered mine in januari bigger fuel tank was not available, same confguratio but steel wheels. They said it is a weight problem. only in Belgium ?

When i ordered mine in januari bigger fuel tank was not available, same confguratio but steel wheels. They said it is a weight problem. only in Belgium ?
Nope, the bigger tank isn’t available in Spain either. Doesn’t appear on the configurator for Ocean or Beach.

Nobody has raised concerns with my spec

Nobody has raised concerns with my spec
I know people diss the power slide door but I love ours.
I find the remote aux heater pretty effective instead of a heated screen.
End of the day its your personal choice really.

So I currently have 4 t6 shuttles and the door makes a right noise when it gets slammed shut. I know you have the beeping with the side door but I read that it can be coded out.
Heated screen was more for the daily drover side rather then camping side

So I currently have 4 t6 shuttles and the door makes a right noise when it gets slammed shut. I know you have the beeping with the side door but I read that it can be coded out.
Do your T6s have the power latching. I’m waiting for my 6.1 to be delivered and thought that power latching stopped the slam noise?

Not on the shuttles. That’s probably on the carravelle

Cali sliding doors are a lot more 'quiet' and less 'builders van' than normal transporters.

Power latching is standard on Calis that i'm aware of for a while - our 2019 has it and not listed as an optional extra.

Personal choice would be to ditch the electric sliding door. Prone to failure, lots of noise and I wouldn't mess with any coding on any vehicle of that price bracket whilst it's still in warranty.

I believe that the sliding door (and tailgate) power latching was an optional upgrade on our T5.1 Cali SE but it is standard on T6.1 Ocean

The beeping is apparently quieter on the 6.1

Reactions: Abx

Black 204 4x4 DSG Ocean
Heated front screen
Power sliding door
Mudflaps
4 eys
TPMS
Discover pro nav
Alloy spare wheel
Rear Diff
Bigger fuel tank
Davenport Alloy wheels
Tow bar

Hi
good luck with it , mines three month old and i have never been so disappointed with a van in my life, And i have had quite a few , engine is useless just so under powered, suspension is a joke , informant system must be connected to a different van because it has no idea what’s happening in this van, rear door ,on a hot day dont leave it open for to long otherwise you will need a body builder to shut it, side door is just tinny, what a waste of time the power latch , broken hinge on pop up bed cheep crappy plastic, broken sliding door lock again just cheap plastic. At least the windows are not raining in yet ,but it hasn’t rained yet i will get it repaired then get rid as soon as i can,
As i say good luck
simon

Imagine making the decision to s**t all over someone else's "excited new owner" post from two months ago with a rant about your poor experiences....

I mean - who does that.....

Last edited:
Hi cowboyengineer-Another very happy Cali owner here.Collected "Frank" last September and haven't regretted a minute.
Had a few niggles but nothing that makes me regret buying the Cali.
Enjoy.

I have my build date on my Cali Ocean 204 - Week of June 21st. A huge surprise as just a few weeks ago I was advised that it might not be built until January 2022. I ordered it first week of February 2021. VW chat just told me it would be about a month to get the Van from factory to dealer but that there might be some delays. Very excited now.

Hi cowboy engineer, new van December 20, never had a camper or van in my life.

Migrated from BMW 440i (3 litre/straight six 334BHP 0-60 4.4 secs restricted to 150mph)
£58,000 to £21,000 in two years, daft really, I mean really daft!!

Cali now daily driver.

Best ever decision made. Just is, really is !!

Puts a different perspective on the daily drudgery of driving. Each trip a joy!

If I have one regret it’s I didn’t get one sooner!!

Enjoy, you will, you really will!!!

Last edited:
Hi cowboy engineer, new van December 20, never had a camper or van in my life.

Migrated from BMW 440i (3 litre/straight six 334BHP 0-60 4.4 secs restricted to 150mph)
£58,000 to £21,000 in two years, daft really, I mean really daft!!

Cali now daily driver.

Best ever decision made. Just is, really is !!

Puts a different perspective on the daily drudgery of driving. Each trip a joy!

If I have one regret it’s I didn’t get one sooner!!

Enjoy, you will, you really will!!!
Similar to myself - Exiges and Elises in the past - then decided to become sensible with an M140i.

The Cali's a lovely little thing (big in contrast, for sure).

Back