Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali has rear shower fitting

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Was in the dealer today, looking over the latest model Cali it has a shower attachment and hose in the rear. I didn't see this in the current brochure, looks good though and very handy if you are into surfing etc

D7D79941-B5D7-49F8-BADF-49D040DFDC4F_zpsbb1lajfj.jpg

CF8C364F-EAC2-419D-800D-0AE1E604EC02_zps9vbg6khm.jpg

I also noted it has new chrome side rubbing strips and chrome fog light surrounds, looked very nice.

Hope , VW have invested in a bettter/more powerful pump and put in a larger reservoir(can't imagine where they can put thatone !)
Otherwise a useless option ... My opinion

Who will be the first one to retro fit :)

Cold Water Shower Connection £246.00 in the 2014 price list.

catching up with Westfalia's new pop roof t5! but theirs has hot water! ;)

Ideal in the Summer; although our £15 solar shower probably does a similar job.

It would be really handy for washing my kite surfing kit down. I'm not sure I fancy using it for a cold shower.

That is a very expensive cold shower, we use a portable 12V submersible pump shower with a basin of hot water, £15.

Bjohnson said:
Was in the dealer today, looking over the latest model Cali it has a shower attachment and hose in the rear. I didn't see this in the current brochure, looks good though and very handy if you are into surfing etc

D7D79941-B5D7-49F8-BADF-49D040DFDC4F_zpsbb1lajfj.jpg

CF8C364F-EAC2-419D-800D-0AE1E604EC02_zps9vbg6khm.jpg

I also noted it has new chrome side rubbing strips and chrome fog light surrounds, looked very nice.
Is that Peterborough van center?

We have the shower in our new Cali, I got it for washing off my kiting and surfing kit. We had one that I had fitted in our old van. I haven't used it much so far but the pump does seem a bit weak compared to our old model. Also the shower hose seems specially engineered to fit so may be difficult to replace. I found that our old one needed replacing quite frequently when mixed with salt water!! The hose and shower head fit into a holder that fits neatly under the last shelf in the cupboard.

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit if I purchase the parts from my local VW dealer?