Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Commercial T7

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The new MPV "T7" will suit some people perfectly, but it won't suit my needs. I'm wondering if people have any information, or informed view, on when a proper T7 commercial van might be launched? And, whether a California / Ocean campervan variant of it might then be expected to follow? (calling this new MPV 'T7' makes it difficult to discuss doesn't it.:headbang). Even if VW don't go on to make a factory campervan out of the commercial vehicle, there will be plenty of conversion companies capable of doing a good job of it.

plenty of conversion companies capable of doing a good job of it.
Likely your only option. VW have not said they have any plans to build a Cali based on the Ford/VW collab platform. That might change depending how the Sharavan sells. Personally I can't see it doing much better than the Caddy Cali, despite California Chris trying to put a spin on its deficiencies.

As far as I know, the new Transporter T7 is the new 2024 model of the Ford Transit Custom. And that’s available right now - I’m seeing more and more of them in the wild. They look class too.

I don’t believe you can buy them with a Volkswagen badge on it yet but I imagine they’ll be identical apart from the badge and the infotainment system.

I wish they’d build a California on this as it looks so much more suitable for a camper than the T7 Multivan (and looks a lot better too). I doubt VW will though. Wouldn’t make sense when they have the T7 Multivan version already (but who knows…).

You can get the 2024 Ford Nugget on this new van however. And in case you haven’t looked at the nugget recently, they’ve come on a long way since their early days and are proper nice now. They took many of the best bits of the California, kept the best bits of the nugget and ended up with something rather lovely. Worth a look.

As far as I know, the new Transporter T7 is the new 2024 model of the Ford Transit Custom. And that’s available right now - I’m seeing more and more of them in the wild. They look class too.

I don’t believe you can buy them with a Volkswagen badge on it yet but I imagine they’ll be identical apart from the badge and the infotainment system.

I wish they’d build a California on this as it looks so much more suitable for a camper than the T7 Multivan (and looks a lot better too). I doubt VW will though. Wouldn’t make sense when they have the T7 Multivan version already (but who knows…).

You can get the 2024 Ford Nugget on this new van however. And in case you haven’t looked at the nugget recently, they’ve come on a long way since their early days and are proper nice now. They took many of the best bits of the California, kept the best bits of the nugget and ended up with something rather lovely. Worth a look.
nice Nugget video on the Ford UK site:

You're right - with the Multivan and Grand California in place, there isn't really much room for VW to do something in between. Sad actually. Googled that Nugget and I can't believe I didn't know about it already. It does look interesting from this video https://www.ford.co.uk/vans-and-pickups/new-transit-custom-nugget

T7.1 Cali?

Looks nice.
But, will the seats be height adjustable ?
Hot water is very nice to have.

AWD, I’m guessing it will be the hybrid, electric motor driven rear wheel.

Where’s the toilet gone. ?
Used to be in the cupboard to the right .

Well if there is a main conversion company converting the VW-Ford van Westfalia will will be already to go as they are already doing the Ford-VW van.

Looks nice.
But, will the seats be height adjustable ?
Hot water is very nice to have.

AWD, I’m guessing it will be the hybrid, electric motor driven rear wheel.

Where’s the toilet gone. ?
Used to be in the cupboard to the right .

Only the LWB had the toilet with the previous (current) version. With roller screen for privacy. And a fold down wash basin.

IMG_0997.jpegIMG_1002.jpeg
IMG_1003.jpeg

Last edited:
Only the LWB had the toilet with the previous (current) version. With roller screen for privacy.

View attachment 127563View attachment 127569
I like the ladder next to the loo, gives you something to hold onto whilst navigating the dehydrated stools ;)
Needs one of those comedy shoots next to the filler cap, when they wife / child opens it, it’s lands on their foot.

I must admit, for me, the Nugget is now the way to go. As a Beach owner with a young family, it’s a no brainier.

Perhaps VW will feel the need to revise their plans if sales of the new Multivan based range don’t hit the mark, which in my opinion is highly likely…

I must admit, for me, the Nugget is now the way to go. As a Beach owner with a young family, it’s a no brainier.

Perhaps VW will feel the need to revise their plans if sales of the new Multivan based range don’t hit the mark, which in my opinion is highly likely…
Which Nugget? LWB with hot water and a loo? Or the new one ?
Everybody entitled to their opinions for sure

Having looked at a replacement California and the Grand California we went a lot bigger for the same amount of Money!
We have a bedroom each, someone can use the toilet whilst some else uses the shower, and the garage holds a motorbike

Having looked at a replacement California and the Grand California we went a lot bigger for the same amount of Money!
We have a bedroom each, someone can use the toilet whilst some else uses the shower, and the garage holds a motorbike
My customer sites wouldn’t be very happy seeing that parked up lol.
I’d have to use the CFO & CTO parking spaces and half the grass lawn ;)

The new MPV "T7" will suit some people perfectly, but it won't suit my needs. I'm wondering if people have any information, or informed view, on when a proper T7 commercial van might be launched? And, whether a California / Ocean campervan variant of it might then be expected to follow? (calling this new MPV 'T7' makes it difficult to discuss doesn't it.:headbang). Even if VW don't go on to make a factory campervan out of the commercial vehicle, there will be plenty of conversion companies capable of doing a good job of it.
I believe it shares the notorious Ford wet belt engine.

Wait! I’ve just noted the Insufficient storage in the Nugget. I think the T6.1 Oceans are going to hold their value very well.

Wait! I’ve just noted the Insufficient storage in the Nugget. I think the T6.1 Oceans are going to hold their value very well.
Aha, wish it were true.
But I don’t think so.
The new T7 California has a lot of tricks up its sleeve which will encourage short term campers to make the switch.

The Multivan California will appeal to the new breed of festival goers who have just discovered how babies are made and want a car that can (very) occasionally be slept in when they forgot to book accommodation or (more likely) left it too late! They can't "plan" and so won't realise that everything won't fit because they don't know what "everything" is!
The T5/T6/T6.1 is for campers who spend a lot of time in their vans!

California's wont let you go off the Boil!

Nice layouts in the Nugget but kitchen is out of use with soft top down, might save your beans but singe your roof.

Back