Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New (fast!) drain for kitchen sink: awesome!

so am I correct in saying, If i leave the drain tap for the tank open all the time, thinking when i drain the sink it will just flow directly into and out of the tank, but if the outlet is blocked the sink will not drain ? So if i close the drain tap the sink waist will fill up the tank with flow, and when i empty the tank when full , i open the tap and it should empty all be it slow or not at all ??
Yes, but first try just opening the waste tap and pour a kettle of hot water down the sink, get someone to watch if it drains out in front of the rear wheel. If it doesn't, or is very slow, then put a hose up the outside drain pipe and slowly turn on the hose water to see if it clears the drain pipe blockage.

Well took the plug hole and pipe out today and no blockage at all closed drain tap , goes down reasonably well when sink full, but then slow down at the end , in one of the above picture , the pipe is routed over to the left and then into the tank, I assume to speed up flow and let some air in as well, how long is the pipe and what size is the pipe please and the best place to get it
1636136785410.jpeg

so am I correct in saying, If i leave the drain tap for the tank open all the time, thinking when i drain the sink it will just flow directly into and out of the tank, but if the outlet is blocked the sink will not drain ? So if i close the drain tap the sink waist will fill up the tank with flow, and when i empty the tank when full , i open the tap and it should empty all be it slow or not at all ??
I think you are overthinking the system.

See Diagram. Pipe 12 ( Red Star ) is connected to the Upper Left outlet on the tank as an air vent/overflow.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 18.34.01.jpg

Right, so if the outlet pipe 12 is blocked as it was suggested this will not allow air to escape when you drain sink ? Hence making it drain slow or not at all ? It was suggested in a previous post as in the picture I copied to make the pipe modification

Right, so if the outlet pipe 12 is blocked as it was suggested this will not allow air to escape when you drain sink ? Hence making it drain slow or not at all ? It was suggested in a previous post as in the picture I copied to make the pipe modification
Yes, blockage at the outlet .F6719E55-4480-4398-A7C4-6E12F7DBA049.jpeg

Just got the bits to do this and am gonna do the work (to my 2016 T6) today / tomorrow. Any further top tips I need to be aware of?!

Just got the bits to do this and am gonna do the work (to my 2016 T6) today / tomorrow. Any further top tips I need to be aware of?!
I very much doubt if it will make any difference on a 2016 vehicle as these parts were fitted as standard from about 2010/2012 onwards.

I very much doubt if it will make any difference on a 2016 vehicle as these parts were fitted as standard from about 2010/2012 onwards.
Doh, how right you are. Exactly the same parts. Should have read that more thoroughly! (Though how my sink is already considered ‘fast draining’ is anyone’s guess!)

Well, if anyone watching this thread is interested in the parts to do this job let me know as I have a set for sale

Back