Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forum Launch - We need your feedback please ...

Country location flags missing?

I wasn't keen on the country location flags so happy it's gone. But if they return would be nice to have a way to disable it.

The reason I wasn't keen on the flags is it told everyone when you are away from home (as assume it was based on i.p. address). Not sure that's sensible on a public forum. Would be different if it could be set manually.

So I see the first 8 or so threads, then I'm invited to press a button to 'see more', on the new page I then have to scroll past the 8 I've just scanned. That's a really bad 'improvement' and I hope it can go.

So I see the first 8 or so threads, then I'm invited to press a button to 'see more', on the new page I then have to scroll past the 8 I've just scanned. That's a really bad 'improvement' and I hope it can go.

I thought I had fixed that page to goto the "new posts" page instead of the "whats new" default. I now see it's still active for mobile/tablet.

It should now show new unread posts.

Also added "recent posts" to the small navigation on the new posts pages for added ease of flicking between the two

b85f38e8-2647-4d2b-be1d-c642a746b94e.png

After a bit I found the New and Recent posts had moved, not obvious. No right box showing most recent posts anymore has also added to having to relearn the site navigation.

Did I miss a prenotification or was it just a days shut down then see what happens on restart?

Pastel shades for Links 'click' options don't stand out.

One new feature I really like is the way the menu bar stays pinned to the top of the screen so you can get straight to the [new posts] link without having to scroll back up or press the scroll up button.

The more I use it the more I like it.

Would like to see the number of replies a topic has had though..

Bit of a shock at first, like someone has come in and redecorated your house and moved everything while you were out! ;)

These things take a while to get used to. But I guess the old forum software was maybe creaking a bit and it was time to move on. Keep up the good work and appreciate you attending to some of the issues mentioned in earlier posts :thumb

I like your choice of T6 in the header - very stylish ;) but where are its red bellows :D

Changed my mind. Now I am liking it ( probably just liked the ease of the old site due to practice) and pressure of work)) :thumb

Can we also have reinstated the number of posts each forum member has posted ,back under the avatar?

Reading the comments i can see "why fix if it ain't broke" and "wast of money"
For some reason i also think that way , BUT i do think there's more to it than just the lay-out that we see and behind the scenes running a forum you must update every now and then ....
Love it or hate it , it's like VW vs. MB o_O

Still try to figure out why we need or whats the difference between
Recent posts
Whats new

Still try to figure out why we need or whats the difference between
Recent posts
Whats new

Unread posts - Only shows unread posts since your last activity

Recent posts - ALL recent posts made regardless of read/unread

What's New - links to unread posts now, but the original is an overview of posts, resources etc. ( most forums don't like or don't understand whats new which is why we now it to unread posts in many parts of the forum )

Unread posts - Only shows unread posts since your last activity

Recent posts - ALL recent posts made regardless of read/unread

What's New - links to unread posts now, but the original is an overview of posts, resources etc. ( most forums don't like or don't understand whats new which is why we now it to unread posts in many parts of the forum )

I don't want any category of selection (unread , read , watched , ...)
I like to see every new post added in every thread since the last time i visited ....
So i still need "recent post " as it was in the old forum lay-out
Thankx

I wasn't keen on the country location flags so happy it's gone. But if they return would be nice to have a way to disable it.

The reason I wasn't keen on the flags is it told everyone when you are away from home (as assume it was based on i.p. address). Not sure that's sensible on a public forum. Would be different if it could be set manually.
I thought the country flag showed which country you were from :sorry

I like the new look but I do miss seeing whereabouts people were located (if they chose to say)...not the flag but "Hampshire" etc...

I don't want any category of selection (unread , read , watched , ...)
I like to see every new post added in every thread since the last time i visited ....
So i still need "recent post " as it was in the old forum lay-out
Thankx
Have you tried it HC? I have just used the recent posts button and it just shows threads that have been updated since my last visit, this is what you want isn't it??

Hi, we seem to have lost the location details from profiles (may have been linked/the same as “country” mentioned in johntowers46 post above). Personally I found it very useful for seeing who might be in my area.
Any chance we can have some of these added back please, or is there some reason they were removed?

Ahhh, just seen that Lemondrop raised the same point about location a few minutes ago

Have you tried it HC? I have just used the recent posts button and it just shows threads that have been updated since my last visit, this is what you want isn't it??

Yes it seems but not fully up to date sometimes .
On the other hand i check that many times a day so get to see everything in a way anyhow...:)

I thought the country flag showed which country you were from :sorry

I like the new look but I do miss seeing whereabouts people were located (if they chose to say)...not the flag but "Hampshire" etc...
No the flag changed when you move country, so everyone knew I was in Switzerland last year. But the text bit from profile doesn’t change

Back