Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member - second hand spec questions

I thought the 2009 was last of the 174, presumably well proven, hence me rolling back a year on the search. Have I got that wrong folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the 2009 was last of the 174, presumably well proven, hence me rolling back a year on the search. Have I got that wrong folks?

Correct, it's a pre facelift with a 174 engine, not the troublesome 180 engine.

2010 facelift engine with reported oil usage issues is 2.0 BiTDI CR whereas the pre 2010 pre facelift (as above) engine is 2.5 TDI PD. Are you all saying 2.5 TDI PD is also a dog?

It's a pre facelift, which I'm sure you know.

The Auto gearbox is not DSG as it's pre dates this think it's called Tiptronic.

Neither of those are necessary negative, just giving info for any research you do.

That's interesting. Would the tiptronic avoid expensive dual mass flywheel issues or is that a serviceable item on both / all?

That's interesting. Would the tiptronic avoid expensive dual mass flywheel issues or is that a serviceable item on both / all?

I don't know anything about that I'm afraid.

Been running the 2.5 174engine for 9years without any problems . 38k miles.
Very happy with it . Also quite efficient most of the time mid 30to the gallon.

My 2009 174 tiptronic is virtually the same spec as the ad you've posted, I'd say you would be a clever chap to consider that over an early T5.1 180.

As you say the 174 is a well proven engine and we've certainly had no issues with it in the 7 years we've had ours.
And that's despite it being very low mileage.

And so the deposit is paid. What a lovely machine. Thanks to everyone for the quick fire responses. We are so excited to start the next chapter of transport and adventures. Will keep an eye on the forum and hope to have a few of you along for the ride virtually or face to face. Thanks VW Cali folks!

And so the deposit is paid. What a lovely machine. Thanks to everyone for the quick fire responses. We are so excited to start the next chapter of transport and adventures. Will keep an eye on the forum and hope to have a few of you along for the ride virtually or face to face. Thanks VW Cali folks!

Congrats!!

Excellent news looks like you've got a cracker there, you'll love it I'm sure!
We've got absolutely no desire to change ours for a T6 Cali, it's a much loved part of our family, even if we don't get to use it enough.