Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean, Moulding Fault

Lol...when I bought a certain 'other' car which cost more than a Cali, and noticed serious defects and shoddy build quality, one of which was that your legs got soaked by rain getting in through the bonnet while driving. The makers reply was 'but sir it's hand built so this is what you must expect'

Suggest the best way is to treat this imperfect moulding on the Cali as adding a little bit of character.

Lol...when I bought a certain 'other' car which cost more than a Cali, and noticed serious defects and shoddy build quality, one of which was that your legs got soaked by rain getting in through the bonnet while driving. The makers reply was 'but sir it's hand built so this is what you must expect'

Suggest the best way is to treat this imperfect moulding on the Cali as adding a little bit of character.
Land Rover Defender, Morgan, Lotus?

WG...spot on it's one of those three. Lives out here in sunny climes now so no more wet legs, but too hot here to use in high summer.!

I don't think you can start a lynch mob to get rid of yourself!
full

Found the moulding fault on ours this morning, I am disgusted that something like this can get through quality control at the factory. We tried to call VWCS this afternoon but they had all gone home so will head to the dealer on Tuesday

We tried to call VWCS this afternoon but they had all gone home so will head to the dealer on Tuesday

I would only bust a gut rushing back to the dealer if something important broke otherwise next time I am passing.

(my view)

I would prefer to head off to the wild blue yonder.

Unless it was broke or spoiling my enjoyment of the vehicle an annoyance, like meoncoast said above, is only worth popping in to complain about when passing the door.

I am still looking for this mysterious flaw in the moulding, I can see one bit where obviously the moulding case had a rib or whatever ( number one dumbo here when it comes to technical bits) but it's part of the vehicle, not a broken part.

Mine has it, but to be honest, I would be worried that when they replaced it they would do more damage. Those mouldings often have little plastic tags, and often a few need removing to get a panel out.
If the tags are rounded then they can pop off later.
So I will leave mine.
I didn't even know it was there, like any others. And it does no harm.

I have just been outside to check my van and we have the dreaded defect as well!

This has taken the whole shine of Xmas !!

Can we get to 100 posts??

We can get to 89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make it a round number - 90. Mines matching on both sides. I think it's a design feature.:thumb

Our 2010 van has it too! I'm going to scrap the van and sue VW for the mental anguish they have caused me and my family and everyone I have ever met!

Make it a round number - 90. Mines matching on both sides. I think it's a design feature.:thumb

Correct WG.
It's an aerodynamic feature to spread fesh air evenly round the van when the front windows are open.:bananadance
Bet Ford haven't thought of that.

I can't say I've noticed before but I have followed instructions, swivelled the seat round, stared at the trim.

Has anyone noticed that the finish at the bottom of the door to the rear aeroplane-type locker does not fit properly?

:(:oops: Sorry!

I'll get my coat ..........................

Urrgh. Fetch me my pistol Smithers, it's been nice knowing you!

Found the moulding fault on ours this morning, I am disgusted that something like this can get through quality control at the factory. We tried to call VWCS this afternoon but they had all gone home so will head to the dealer on Tuesday
Cheers Andrew the more people that notify VWCS the more chance something is done about it... I work in manufacturing and we would not allow this sub standard workmanship get to our customers... Happy Christmas Paul
Hope the engine block casting hasn't got a similar fault VW have missed in there Quality Control procedures

Ok so afther five pages topic went and checked out my 2012 SE

It is a LHD so on my driversside( your passengerside) you do slightly notice the line on the corner of the plastic going offline the last 15 cm....
As on the passengerside (your driversside)it is not .
Think the line in the plastic is perfect normal if you look careful it it also visible on the top moulding....
The direction it goes the last 15cm is not as it supposed to althoug.
Must say if non of this was posted here would not see it ever me noticing it...
Again i got a LHD and i never turn the driversseat as we are just two of us we use the turned passagerseat and the rear benchseat.
Imo. think VW need to be correct on the detail finisch on such a expencive verhicle but don't see me trying to purswade my dealer changing this part...i can perfectly deal with it and sure many others will agree.
Those who can't stand the looks....talk to VW...

I am losing the will to live reading these posts, time to open another bottle of Sablis and think about trip to Spain and Portugal in new year.

hic, hic, hic, happy new year everyone

John

Back