Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

K

Kevin Flint

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Well no, not the longest wait. My 8 October 2020 order is still “in build”...
But congratulations on your new arrival!
I’m trumping you by a few days. 29th Sept 2020.

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’m trumping you by a few days. 29th Sept 2020.
Lhd Cali coast 199/204 dsg. Order accepted 15/11/20 and still waiting. Now living in Hannover so maybe I should pop around the factory and knock some heads together. Latest I heard from dealer a couple months ago was Nov/dec delivery but not holding my breath.

V-J

V-J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
ok just to put a leveller on everyone waiting so patiently and otherwise, take a moment with this ...... sat with pal today who tells me his mates cali arrived last week and 2 days after it arrived it got stolen........ just think about that agony for a moment.......

C

couplands

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
ok just to put a leveller on everyone waiting so patiently and otherwise, take a moment with this ...... sat with pal today who tells me his mates cali arrived last week and 2 days after it arrived it got stolen........ just think about that agony for a moment.......
Wow, that’s a bummer.

Any info on how it was stolen..? I’d like to protect mine (when it arrives…!) so any info would be very useful.

W

wave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
will try to find out
That would be handy - I'd like to buy some additional protection for mine when it arrives.
BTW - has anybody else received a reply from VW Chat along the lines of....'the order information currently being produced by the system is incorrect, but we hope to have access to accurate information later this week.....'?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
That would be handy - I'd like to buy some additional protection for mine when it arrives.
BTW - has anybody else received a reply from VW Chat along the lines of....'the order information currently being produced by the system is incorrect, but we hope to have access to accurate information later this week.....'?
I haven’t - I try to avoid Chat, they seem to know next to nothing

S

Seasider

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Exactly that! They say they are having problems with the system……. No kidding!

ceolgra

ceolgra

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Some good news for a change, spoke to our dealer and our Van started production week 38, has gone through the paint shop and is now in assembly, due to the dealer in Dec and we will get delivery in Jan 2022 with 2022 plates on it. 12 months from the original order.

Last edited:
66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Some good news for a change, spoke to our dealer and our Van started production week 38, has gone through the paint shop and is now in assembly, due to the dealer in Dec and we will get delivery in Jan 2022 with 2022 plates on it. 12 months from the original order.
Amazing detail from your dealer. My van was 'in build' and is now Code 30 'In transit from factory' (at last!). No detail as it went through the factory from my dealer.
Seems a long time between painting/assembly to delivery to the dealer?!

Lizzibeth78

Lizzibeth78

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Amazing detail from your dealer. My van was 'in build' and is now Code 30 'In transit from factory' (at last!). No detail as it went through the factory from my dealer.
Seems a long time between painting/assembly to delivery to the dealer?!
I got an email on Friday to say mine had been built. Started build the same time as yours.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I got an email on Friday to say mine had been built. Started build the same time as yours.
Great - you ordered a sports pack too didn’t you? Maybe there was a shortage of black Springfield wheels.
Hope they get delivered toot sweet!

MimiToot

MimiToot

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Have you checked with your dealer that VW Chat is giving you accurate information?
I am beyond consolation - it seems both VW chats I had were correct - my van did have a build date of wk 36, but is no longer being built.
After a lot of effort, my dealer has established that it was damaged and written off in production...
God alone knows when I'll see it - another year?
:headbang:headbang:headbang:Depressed

W

wave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I am beyond consolation - it seems both VW chats I had were correct - my van did have a build date of wk 36, but is no longer being built.
After a lot of effort, my dealer has established that it was damaged and written off in production...
You poor thing - that's just plain unlucky!
Perhaps you could prevail upon their goodwill and ask the lads in Hanover to make a special effort to start yours again straightaway.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
You poor thing - that's just plain unlucky!
Perhaps you could prevail upon their goodwill and ask the lads in Hanover to make a special effort to start yours again straightaway.
Surely the lads in Hanover don't need to be asked to do that...

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Yes, I ordered the sports pack too. I need to get more organised if it’s actually on its way!
Suggest you just need to know how you're paying for it, how you're insuring it (I'm going LV) and to make sure you've got a 907 gas bottle with some gas in it...the rest can take care of itself?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Not sure which is worse. Mine was written off by the dealership…..

VW California Club