Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Last edited:
Nice Van .....We ordered 31st March with tow bar... apparently its still in Germany awaiting shipping ....baffling .
Hope it arrives soon. There had been some disruption at Sheerness in Jan/Feb.

I really do hope so its driving us mad
I'd check with your dealer. I noticed that vehicle carrier had arrived at Grimsby only because I was looking at the arrival of the Elbe Highway, the week before at Sheerness (hoping my van was on board)....low and behold received a call from Eurovans that my Beach was arriving at the dealership today! Told I could pick it up on Thursday!

For forum reference:
Order placed 07/07/21, order accepted at factory 13/07/21, Build week 7 (14/02/22) confirmed, arriving at dealership today.

Last edited:
I'd check with your dealer. I noticed that vehicle carrier had arrived at Grimsby only because I was looking at the arrival of the Elbe Highway, the week before at Sheerness (hoping my van was on board)....low and behold received a call from Eurovans that my Beach was arriving at the dealership today! Told I could pick it up on Thursday!
Great news!!

What week build were you? When did you order?

Can't decide if this is white or ascot grey.
Ascot Grey. I was nervous that it may look magnolia!!! :) But it looks great, very retro Herbie.
I had exactly the same fear of a slightly sickly magnolia.

Some people are very relaxed about their car colours, whilst for others it is a strangely important: I am the latter, unfortunately. Nothing about my California order has been as pre-occupying as to which colour to order, perhaps because none actually jumped at me as dead right. I would really have liked a British Racing Green (a dark soft green like the D type Jaguars), and have up my sleeve a respray if I can't live with the Ascot Grey when it comes, in the meantime you have provided some reassurance, Bob, thanks.

What week build were you? When did you order?
I went in a edited my post just to provide this very info.. apologies

For forum reference:
Order placed 07/07/21, order accepted at factory 13/07/21, Build week 7 (14/02/22) confirmed, arriving at dealership today.
That’s fairly quick as it was only ordered in July… You’ve done well.

It’s mad really as when I ordered my T6.1 Beach in November 2020, i picked it up in March 2021, it only took about 4 months!

I had exactly the same fear of a slightly sickly magnolia.

Some people are very relaxed about their car colours, whilst for others it is a strangely important: I am the latter, unfortunately. Nothing about my California order has been as pre-occupying as to which colour to order, perhaps because none actually jumped at me as dead right. I would really have liked a British Racing Green (a dark soft green like the D type Jaguars), and have up my sleeve a respray if I can't live with the Ascot Grey when it comes, in the meantime you have provided some reassurance, Bob, thanks.
I think AG looks much better under natural light than artificial fluorescents which seem to give it that sickly hue. .

I think .looks much better under natural light than artificial fluorescents which seem to give it that sickly hue. .
Thank you, you have hit exactly my thoughts/fears. The sickly hue. It does not appear on the configurator, where the colour looks just right, but I have glimpsed a few AG VW's from a distance and whilst most of the time think 'that's great' I occasionally (mainly in low light now you mention it) think 'hhhmmm'.

For forum reference:
The dealer told me on the 9th March that my van is built and would be 3 weeks .... happened to catch him by chance on the 25th March and he said it's sill in Germany awaiting shipping and that I would be another 3 weeks. I'm baffled how identical van other than the colour ordered after mine have been delivered.
On Thursday it's a year since we ordered our van and in that time the only correspondence we've received from our dealer have been responses to either emails or calls from ourselves.

The dealer told me on the 9th March that my van is built and would be 3 weeks .... happened to catch him by chance on the 25th March and he said it's sill in Germany awaiting shipping and that I would be another 3 weeks. I'm baffled how identical van other than the colour ordered after mine have been delivered.
On Thursday it's a year since we ordered our van and in that time the only correspondence we've received from our dealer have been responses to either emails or calls from ourselves.
Eurovans said they were taken by surprise when notified by the delivery agents that the van was arriving today!?!? Maybe dealers are not being updated??. If your van was on that carrier that arrived at Grimsby yesterday, it can take 7-10 days for it to arrive at the dealership.

Here is a picture of my new California Ocean, picked up from Eurovans on 16th March.
There just happened to be a VW Campervan parked next to me at my local model flying field, circa 1957 vintage and immaculately restored. Which one do you prefer, both are probably the same value.
David.

California Duo.jpg

I know this article relates to the EV factories, but if they're opening up then I assume the rest, including Hanover, won't be far behind.

It's good news. According to news (below) last week the EV plants were probably closed until early April but Wolfsburg re-opened last Tuesday (22nd) and was gradually building back up to full production. In the same story, VW said that Emden (one of the commercial vehicle plants) was not impacted and carried on as normal throughout the problems.

There's no specific mentions of Hanover ever closing, just stories from early March saying it (and other plants) might have had to.

It's good news. According to news (below) last week the EV plants were probably closed until early April but Wolfsburg re-opened last Tuesday (22nd) and was gradually building back up to full production. In the same story, VW said that Emden (one of the commercial vehicle plants) was not impacted and carried on as normal throughout the problems.

There's no specific mentions of Hanover ever closing, just stories from early March saying it (and other plants) might have had to.

Confirmation of Hannover back up & running will be great news for everyone. I’d like to think our new vehicles are not delayed too much. I was quoted delivery in April, but I really have no idea, I don’t see many oceans being delivered on the forum at the moment.

It's a standard format letter that everyone has and says nothing. Like any good PR letter should. Personally I'm adding it to the irrelevant section of my brain, like the endless hysteria and unsubstantiated rumours over plants opening, closing and doing the hokey kokey. Very few are based on fact, most are based on "I heard someone said" and a lot of it is twaddle. This thread is generally better than the FB page hysteria, but not always.

Just had an update from dealer . Vehicle remains confirmed week 10 which has now passed , but they also confirmed the factory is closed for a short period . Hopefully soon to be reopening according to some recent articles in the press as posted on here .

Looks great - enjoy! Can I ask what bike rack you have please as it appears to have black bars?
What you can see are the black plastic ends to the bars. The dealer did offer me the option to have the bike rack powder coated but it was an expense too far. It is an old school style rack. I had one on my T5 SE, this one is the redesign for the T6.1. I prefer it to the alternative, it has a more classic feel.

6133B69A-1F51-4344-82FD-B755387A6E13.jpeg

Thank you, you have hit exactly my thoughts/fears. The sickly hue. It does not appear on the configurator, where the colour looks just right, but I have glimpsed a few AG VW's from a distance and whilst most of the time think 'that's great' I occasionally (mainly in low light now you mention it) think 'hhhmmm'.
To be honest I saw an Ocean at the dealers in AG and thought it looked good.. I really didn’t like any other colour, not even the 2 tones, personally I think VW need to look to the T2’s from the seventies, get more orange or yellow in there!!. Anyway, AG looked classic/retro, similar to a T1. So it was a no brainer for me. It was only over the long wait did I second guess myself. I saw one again at the end of the summer when we were surfing in Pembroke and it looked great.

I think VW need to look to the T2’s from the seventies, get more orange or yellow in there!!. Anyway, AG looked classic/retro, similar to a T1.
Completely agree with that sentiment. I find the stock colours pretty uninspiring tbh.

Here is a picture of my new California Ocean, picked up from Eurovans on 16th March.
There just happened to be a VW Campervan parked next to me at my local model flying field, circa 1957 vintage and immaculately restored. Which one do you prefer, both are probably the same value.
David.

View attachment 90908
Not a tough choice for me. T6.1 reliability and continent-crossing ability every time.

also confirmed the factory is closed for a short period. Hopefully soon to be reopening according to some recent articles in the press as posted on here .
Would love to see these articles or any other official confirmation saying Hanover ever closed or is reopening.

I can't find anything posted here or anywhere else to confirm either, just stories from early March saying it may have to close along with some of the other plants.

I think the dealers are struggling for accurate info tbh - mate who run a leasing business says VW UK have been giving them nothing detailed.

Back