Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

So still planned to go into build week of the 4 April. I guess I’ll know soon enough if that’s real or not.
More good news here. Just heard from the dealer that my Ocean ordered in April 2021 and originally due to get built next week is indeed going into production. His message sent this afternoon:

Just to give you an update on your order, as of the 31st of March your vehicle went into production finally.

As the vehicle moves down the production line I will give you updates as they arrear.

He also sent me a screenshot of his system, which interestingly seems to show much more detailled steps than the vague "code 10" or "code 20" that most people here get:

image002.png

More good news here. Just heard from the dealer that my Ocean ordered in April 2021 and originally due to get built next week is indeed going into production. His message sent this afternoon:

He also sent me a screenshot of his system, which interestingly seems to show much more detailled steps than the vague "code 10" or "code 20" that most people here get:

View attachment 91231
What I’m confused about is I thought Hannover was closed? Good news.

Very positive update here. Originally had a build week of 14 march which was when the factory shutdown supposedly happened, but just had an email from our dealer saying that the status has changed to awaiting shipping and it should be here in a few weeks so something clearly been happening in Hanover over the last few weeks. We ordered a Coast on 11 August 2021.
Now you’ve got me excited , ours is still showing confirmed build week 7th March so maybe that means it’s in production still !

Looks like positive news

It's gone the other way for me (June '21 ocean order) After being told I had a confirmed build of March, then a few days later another call to say the factory was closed and my order was back to status 0

I had an update early last week to say my order had gone back to a provisional build month of May, and then as of Friday it's now showing as end of June!

I don't know what to believe any more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very positive update here. Originally had a build week of 14 march which was when the factory shutdown supposedly happened, but just had an email from our dealer saying that the status has changed to awaiting shipping and it should be here in a few weeks so something clearly been happening in Hanover over the last few weeks. We ordered a Coast on 11 August 2021.
Out of interest is your order with Liverpool van centre?

Looks like positive news

It's gone the other way for me (June '21 ocean order) After being told I had a confirmed build of March, then a few days later another call to say the factory was closed and my order was back to status 0

I had an update early last week to say my order had gone back to a provisional build month of May, and then as of Friday it's now showing as end of June!

I don't know what to believe any more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mines the same, June 21 Ocean order provisional build date of March. Still status zero and no sign of a new build date. The last message I had as that all components are going to build Coasts as they have less restricted parts.

I’m going going to call Liverpool VC this week and see what they can tell me…

Just received confirmation that our provisional build has moved from week 18 to week 28. Let’s hope these stories of price protection not being removed are correct, as this puts us well outside a June delivery. (Ocean ordered August 2021).

Seems like Coasts - with less fancy electric kit needing chips - being prioritised over Oceans

Seems like Coasts - with less fancy electric kit needing chips - being prioritised over Oceans
I've gone from build week 16 to week 12 to estimated "June" (Coast ordered Sep 21)

I have received this email (Coast ordered early September):
Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications.​
We'll be in touch with more news soon. In the meantime, you can get in touch with your Van Centre below if you need any help.​

I don't get it.. what fancy electric kit in Oceans, apart from eletric roof? Aren't Coasts practically the same, depending on the ticked options of course?

I don't get it.. what fancy electric kit in Oceans, apart from eletric roof? Aren't Coasts practically the same, depending on the ticked options of course?
I wouldn't take the wild speculations here too seriously. We have the kill the time until our Californias show up so coming up with urban myths is always fun. My Ocean went into production last week bang on schedule BTW so Oceans are being built.

I'd guess the digital dashboard might be an issue to start with, I've read about a few other manufacturers having supply issues there?

I'd also suspect that Coasts are being given priority to clear the orders off the system as they are, currently in the UK anyway (and I think elsewhere) discontinued.

Indeed yes, the roof, the lights in the roof, the dash, the LED headlights, the foglights, the heated seats, the extra lights through the kitchen. Yes nothing complex, but extra little chips here and there.
No-one will really know, but @Mehdime said, we have to speculate on something while we wait! I know we did...

Indeed yes, the roof, the lights in the roof, the dash, the LED headlights, the foglights, the heated seats, the extra lights through the kitchen. Yes nothing complex, but extra little chips here and there.
No-one will really know, but @Mehdime said, we have to speculate on something while we wait! I know we did...
All the things you just listed I have on my Coast.. plus towbar, 4M and diff lock. And it took 4 months from order to delivery. I know I'm lucky and I'm not complaining, just wondering what is really the deal with delayed Ocean orders.

All the things you just listed I have on my Coast.. plus towbar, 4M and diff lock. And it took 4 months from order to delivery. I know I'm lucky and I'm not complaining, just wondering what is really the deal with delayed Ocean orders.
Sorry, except for e-roof and dash.

Reactions: Sad
Purely from watching vans arrive here, and knowing their order date and spec - I’d say a RHD Coast stands a good chance of coming in “on time”. There have been exceptions.

LHD Oceans, ordered in the last 12 months, seem to be sailing into a Bermuda triangle. Perhaps one ordered today wouldn’t have such a long lead time - war in Europe notwithstanding of course

Interestingly, my Coast has turned up with sliding windows on both sides. Apparently, it's to make production easier. Still only get 1 flyscreen.

Interestingly, my Coast has turned up with sliding windows on both sides. Apparently, it's to make production easier. Still only get 1 flyscreen.
I’d be having a word with the dealer about that. How much cost would it have been to VW to supply 1 extra piece of flimsy plastic? That is poor after the money you have spent.

Just keep hoping, it does actually happen one day, i waited a year and the last 3 months was agonising, and then one day it was delivered and boy oh boy what a beautiful day that was, it almost makes it better you have waited so long as it makes it all the sweeter........

View attachment 90482
wow, that looks awesome. I have a black one on order too. I was considering the all terrain tyres and 30mm lowering. Can I ask, how much are you lowered there? What wheels and tyres are those? Any problems with tyre rubbing? how is the ride noise and comfort? .... sorry, that look sooo good I think you have convinced me. What did you do with the old (but new) tyres?bfg ocean.jpg

Last edited:
wow, that looks awesome. I have a black one on order too. I was considering the all terrain tyres and 30mm lowering. Can I ask, how much are you lowered there? What wheels and tyres are those? Any problems with tyre rubbing? how is the ride noise and comfort? .... sorry, that look sooo good I think you have convinced me. What did you do with the old (but new) tyres?View attachment 91377
Mark its not lowered its standard suspension , and no rubbing at all, though rear ones do get rather close to back but they seem fine and drive is really good though lose maybe 4 or 5 to gallon maybe . lept old tyres and wheels in case i wanted to put back on :( ride noise i think is no different?

just to add to the info pot. The Leonie electrics/wiring factories in Ukraine have now (amazingly) reopened - these were a recently significant influence on delivery issues
According to a VW press release, the factories stayed open and operated at reduced capacity in between the air raid sirens sounding.

I want one of those wiring looms in my van!

Back