Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Friday it was still showing the golf sketche but since Saturday morning I’m seeing pictures of a California I think/hope that means it’s ready for transport and I could have it by Xmas

Last I heard my California that I ordered in June is down to be built the week starting April 18th 2022, Assuming it’s 6 weeks to the dealer It should arrive the end of May? Is that correct? 11 Months

Last I heard my California that I ordered in June is down to be built the week starting April 18th 2022, Assuming it’s 6 weeks to the dealer It should arrive the end of May? Is that correct? 11 Months
Could happen. But I had 11 provisional build weeks (that I know of) - this far out anything could happen - might be 9 months or 13 - so I wouldn’t book anything yet!

Could happen. But I had 11 provisional build weeks (that I know of) - this far out anything could happen - might be 9 months or 13 - so I wouldn’t book anything yet!
How long was your vehicle from order to delivery?

How long was your vehicle from order to delivery?
8 October 20 to 4 November 21
13 months
I seemed to be on the unlucky side - one or two orders in Jan even Feb we’re delivered before mine.
In my view the fewer options you tick, the more likely an early delivery

Last edited:
Thanks. Ordered mine at the end of July so who knows. I’ll wait for the dealer to advise before I decide what to do next.
I’m in the same position. Been told today current build week of week 21, but with no guarantees. Good luck, keep me/us posted.

Good news (some may already know), MY22 Ocean is Wireless Carplay ready! Yeh~

Just found when mine arrived last week. T5.1 to T6.1, its a way better in every aspect.
Def, recommend Lowering spring option too ( I have used with the accessory offer).

Good luck to you all, no more delays hopefully. Will post pics after wrapping is done :cool: .

Good news (some may already know), MY22 Ocean is Wireless Carplay ready! Yeh~

Just found when mine arrived last week. T5.1 to T6.1, its a way better in every aspect.
Def, recommend Lowering spring option too ( I have used with the accessory offer).

Good luck to you all, no more delays hopefully. Will post pics after wrapping is done :cool: .
What’s the plan for the wrap??

What’s the plan for the wrap??
Protective Film ( expensive compare to the body wrap ) to Bonnet & Headlight and Under half body warp in my choice of colour and black wrap between windows ( Sport Pack Option ) Quoted 2~3 day's work, cost 1500~1800. :)

Protective Film ( expensive compare to the body wrap ) to Bonnet & Headlight and Under half body warp in my choice of colour and black wrap between windows ( Sport Pack Option ) Quoted 2~3 day's work, cost 1500~1800. :)
Sounds great. I’m going to wrap the bottom half of my Candy White when I get it.

@Flintymutt is your van in starlight blue, not seen many in that colour, but one that I am potentially considering, any more pictures on the van would be appreciated, as struggling to find a starlight blue van to look at.

@Flintymutt is your van in starlight blue, not seen many in that colour, but one that I am potentially considering, any more pictures on the van would be appreciated, as struggling to find a starlight blue van to look at.
Hi there. Yes it is. If you want good photos of Starlight Blue look a few pages back in this thread for Tims van. He has his detailed from the outset and has great photos. I was torn between SB and Indium Grey. SB looks the nuts when kept clean. IG in my mind was a bit safe and boring in the end. I’d just come from a grey BMW.

I am trying to order a Starlight Blue currently. Already got 2 daytona grey cars on the drive, which is the same colour, decided we need to have something different!

So that backs up what I was told too. I really don’t understand how they can do this as it’s completely out of our control. They could delay our orders to make even more profit?
Just received what looks like the 'official' statement from VW - wording suggests that 3% may only be the tip of this situation ..

"Significant and ongoing price increases connected to the costs of producing our vehicles, primarily caused by raw material and energy price rises, mean it is not currently possible for us to confirm the final price of your vehicle until closer to the handover date."

We are only a month into our order wait, so who knows ..

Iv also been sent this email, however my dealer mentioned VWs delivery time is improving for the current orders in the system to avoid the increase for the customer ,for example I was build week 22, then it went to 16 & now I’m week 6. Keeping everything crossed & wishing for no delays. Good luck

Just received what looks like the 'official' statement from VW - wording suggests that 3% may only be the tip of this situation ..

"Significant and ongoing price increases connected to the costs of producing our vehicles, primarily caused by raw material and energy price rises, mean it is not currently possible for us to confirm the final price of your vehicle until closer to the handover date."

We are only a month into our order wait, so who knows ..
Same boat as you. I’ve not had an email from my dealer.

Tried to order a car from Vauxhall a couple of years ago and was similar, couldn’t tell me what price or deal at time of delivery, so walked away. This time not so easy after 18 months of research decided that the California is the van for me, however recent 3% increase is stretching the budget and don’t want to bankrupt myself with further increases at time of delivery, don’t want to compromise on spec either to save a few quid. What should be a joyous occasion is turning into a bit of a nightmare, are VW profiteering or just being commercial sensible. Suspect other companies will follow suit.

Nearly ready to press the order button and I’m sure I will love the van to bits, but will there always be a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that VW took advantage of me and I paid over the odds.

Tried to order a car from Vauxhall a couple of years ago and was similar, couldn’t tell me what price or deal at time of delivery, so walked away. This time not so easy after 18 months of research decided that the California is the van for me, however recent 3% increase is stretching the budget and don’t want to bankrupt myself with further increases at time of delivery, don’t want to compromise on spec either to save a few quid. What should be a joyous occasion is turning into a bit of a nightmare, are VW profiteering or just being commercial sensible. Suspect other companies will follow suit.

Nearly ready to press the order button and I’m sure I will love the van to bits, but will there always be a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that VW took advantage of me and I paid over the odds.
My money is on profiteering, knowing the order books are full for a year or so…

Iv also been sent this email, however my dealer mentioned VWs delivery time is improving for the current orders in the system to avoid the increase for the customer ,for example I was build week 22, then it went to 16 & now I’m week 6. Keeping everything crossed & wishing for no delays. Good luck
Can I ask when you ordered? We placed ours at the start of August and been given a May '22 production so hopefully just about beating the end of June deadline.

Back