Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Wave Conversions

That’s the issue with lots of conversions.
Can look really good, until you try and load it up. The biggest issue, is clothes. Clothes can take up a lot of room, when you’re travelling for a couple of weeks…
Clothes can take up a lot of room… unless you take with you for one week and clean them. Possible almost everywhere. It’s really a gamechanger. We do it often at a launderette in a beautiful village or town and have a drink in the bus or in a tearoom.

I’ve only done that once, and that was the little one had a sickness bug. No way am I spending a couple of days on my Euro trips washing clothes… :headbang

I’ve only done that once, and that was the little one had a sickness bug. No way am I spending a couple of days on my Euro trips washing clothes… :headbang
Oh, I’m sorry: I don’t think you know what I’m talking about then. It’s not cleaning children's clothing that has been puked up I’m referring to. Keep carrying lots of clothes then? I just tried to give a (valuable) tip. Not tried to make you go mad. If not for you, maybe for others?
Edit: a couple of days, you say :D really? We’re four and it takes about an hour once a week. For example: three weeks: two washes. That’s all it takes.

Last edited:
Oh, I’m sorry: I don’t think you know what I’m talking about then. It’s not cleaning children's clothing that has been puked up I’m referring to. Keep carrying lots of clothes then? I just tried to give a (valuable) tip. Not tried to make you go mad. If not for you, maybe for others?
Edit: a couple of days, you say :D really? We’re four and it takes about an hour once a week. For example: three weeks: two washes. That’s all it takes.

Thanks.
But, I’m on holiday. The last thing I want is chores.
Each to their own… :thumb

Thanks.
But, I’m on holiday. The last thing I want is chores.
Each to their own… :thumb
Yes, I just think: I don’t carry clothes for three weeks when I’m on holiday, nor a big pile dirty ones in a bag ;) and I saved space. Anyway, I didn’t mention the biggest issue being clothes so just tired to help.
Maybe once you’ll see me drinking a coffee and taking a rest in the shade while the clothes are being washed and shake your head ruefully but know I’m totally fine with it even if it’s considered a chore. I have lots of spare time on my travels. And these are not the only ‘chores’ when travelling (that van doesn’t stay clean out of itself while on holiday :D), yes, I do bring an small hand brush in the cali.
But as you said, to each his own and I'm sure we do things that others see in a different way.
Happy travels!

@calibusje the old dustpan and brush. Top 5 Cali must have accessory… :cool:

@calibeach76 i have no first-hand experience, but these guys have some interesting concepts

Reactions: DMC
Now this I like: a small brush and a dustpan but also if you would need a small bin-like thing: there it is. Perfect! We try to see multiple features of different articles that we take with us. And as @Corradobrit said: should fit perfectly in the door pocket.

Like these, not the prices or waiting time though