Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OCEAN to BEACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t understand why people don’t use the kitchen in an Ocean… it’s there to be used, albeit a bit small, you soon get used to it after a few uses. The Ocean/Beach’s primary use is for camping at the end of the day. Cooking outside is preferential but not always possible.

Also with a Beach, I understand it’s ‘bigger’ but where do you put your stuff? Tupperware? In scattered piles? We take quite a bit with us and I couldn’t imagine where I’d neatly store it away if we didn’t have cupboards, it’d just be a scattered mess.

I personally find the bed downstairs in an Ocean more than enough space for two people.
When you say "where do you put your stuff?" are you referring to the 2 seater or 3 seater Beach?

What do you make of A Bus and Beyond moving from an Ocean to the Beach Camper?

When you have to unpack several boxes to warm baby milk or cook dinner at exactly 4:30pm, because that’s when the little ones demand their dinner.
You soon realise how useful that little kitchen and storage cupboards are.

I remember our first camping trip with a 3 month old. I stacked up the van. Then when we got to the campsite, realised I had to unpack the van in order to make the bed…

View attachment 84519
We got better and more organised
View attachment 84520
Then after a year of living/camping with the Beach with baby, decided we needed a proper campervan and bought the Ocean.
The Beach was fine for many year, we had some great trips, but it’s definitely not a Campervan…!!!
Bloody good MPV which you can get your head down in.
You would have never fitted all that gear ( in the first photo ) in an Ocean?

When you have to unpack several boxes to warm baby milk or cook dinner at exactly 4:30pm, because that’s when the little ones demand their dinner.
Funny thing is Kids have a habit of out growing that phase really quickly !

I remember our first camping trip with a 3 month old. I stacked up the van. Then when we got to the campsite, realised I had to unpack the van in order to make the bed
you clearly didn’t have a clue how to pack a van in the first photo, if You had that lot in an Ocean you would have still had to unpack to use the bed?

noting in the first photo you didn’t have the multiflex board installed, nor the comfort mattress and you took a tent, so you would have needed excess bedding, mattresses etc so that’s not representative of a normal Ocean or a Beach set up.
looks like in the second photo you had sorted your van set up out considerably, using the multiflex and comfort mattress As it should have been used, meaning that you would not have to unpack the van to use it normally?

As has been eloquently said before, and is not represented accurately in your post, these vans have a finite amount of storage, whether that be in a cupboard in a draw or other flexible storage you can’t fit a pint in a half pint pot, despite what many lead you to believe if it it has an “O“ on the side, so you can fit in whatever you want (refer to first photo again, ) it must be proper and everything else is not.

Yeah I can see all those bags and a push chair in the tambour cupboard :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:rolleyes:
No, they would be in the boot, but no fridge, cooker, water containers, bags of clothes, shoes etc; etc;.

you clearly didn’t have a clue how to pack a van in the first photo, if You had that lot in an Ocean you would have still had to unpack to use the bed?

noting in the first photo you didn’t have the multiflex board installed, nor the comfort mattress and you took a tent, so you would have needed excess bedding, mattresses etc so that’s not representative of a normal Ocean or a Beach set up.
looks like in the second photo you had sorted your van set up out considerably, using the multiflex and comfort mattress As it should have been used, meaning that you would not have to unpack the van to use it normally?

As has been eloquently said before, and is not represented accurately in your post, these vans have a finite amount of storage, whether that be in a cupboard in a draw or other flexible storage you can’t fit a pint in a half pint pot, despite what many lead you to believe if it it has an “O“ on the side, so you can fit in whatever you want (refer to first photo again, ) it must be proper and everything else is not.
No it's just the terminology you wish to use.
The Beach is an excellent MPV that you can take camping.

The Ocean is a Campervan . End Of.

Beach is a minibus
Ocean is a Campervan
;)

The Beach camper comes with a micro kitchen. Milk warming gear can go in seat back pockets.

No it's just the terminology you wish to use.
The Beach is an excellent MPV that you can take camping.

The Ocean is a Campervan . End Of.
A rose by any name smells as sweet !

My V5 tells me what it is and it’s not MPV,
The way I use it for camping tells me its a Campervan,
I can pitch next to you on a site or wild camp in the same places, as much as I know that winds you up.
There is nothing you can do in an Ocean that I cannot do in my Beach, But you already know that from previous banter.

You take the bait every time WG,
it must be hard being so passionate about an Ocean (and never having owned a Beach) to the point you must respond in a derogatory manner to just about every post where a California Beach is mentioned, knowing that the reality is a Beach serves many people’s purposes far better Than an Ocean, is it so hard for you to comprehend that people Choose a Beach for other reasons that you offer for owning an Ocean ?

anyone would think your on commission?

End of. (But I know it won’t be from you because you can’t help yourself)

Status
Not open for further replies.