Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

October Price increase

SJL178

SJL178

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I have just had an email from Autoebid to say there is a price increase planned for T6.1 California's from October 1st.

Thought i would share for anyone contemplating a purchase. Anyone know by how much they are increasing by?

I reckon that'll be to cover the import duty and that any orders before end September will be honoured if delivered post Brexit. So (guessing) about 4%

I reckon that'll be to cover the import duty and that any orders before end September will be honoured if delivered post Brexit. So (guessing) about 4%
I hope so as well :D all will be revealed on the configurator 1st Oct I assume. Bit of a risk VW are taking considering trade deal negotiations continue next week.

Any dealers on the group that could give us a heads up on exact price increase?

I hope you’re correct too!!

its about 1k according to autoebid

Thank you for your email. The price increase is just over £1000 from 1 October.

Hi

I Can confirm the price will be going up £880 plus Vat.
The reason for these changes are to do with technical changes that VW have had to do to comply with the second phase of the real driving emissions.

So this isn’t directly involved with the brexit deal or any import taxes.

Hi

I Can confirm the price will be going up £880 plus Vat.
The reason for these changes are to do with technical changes that VW have had to do to comply with the second phase of the real driving emissions.

So this isn’t directly involved with the brexit deal or any import taxes.

Thanks Tom - please could you confirm if the PCP rate is changing from 1st October ?

Thanks Tom - please could you confirm if the PCP rate is changing from 1st October ?
I haven’t heard anything that the PCP rate is changing and to my knowledge it won’t be changing.

Hello everyone, we have been procrastinating over ordering a new California but can happily say that we took the plunge today. The October 1st price increase is indeed correct and confirmed at 880+vat due to vw passing on some cost associated with adding additional hardware to the engine to tighten up on emissions regulations.

Hello everyone, we have been procrastinating over ordering a new California but can happily say that we took the plunge today. The October 1st price increase is indeed correct and confirmed at 880+vat due to vw passing on some cost associated with adding additional hardware to the engine to tighten up on emissions regulations.
Congratulations ! What did you order ?.

We have ordered a 204 ocean 4motion, indium grey with a power sliding side door (because they look cool!). I was going to go for the 2wd but we hired one back in august and found it wheelspun quite easily! V.excited

We have ordered a 204 ocean 4motion, indium grey with a power sliding side door (because they look cool!). I was going to go for the 2wd but we hired one back in august and found it wheelspun quite easily! V.excited
4 wd will be useful on the fields, I ordered a Coast yesterday, 2wd, hopefully they'll be some Oceans around to pull us out :D:D:D
Sorry :offtopic were you told 4-6 months lead time?

4 wd will be useful on the fields, I ordered a Coast yesterday, 2wd, hopefully they'll be some Oceans around to pull us out :D:D:D
Sorry :offtopic were you told 4-6 months lead time?

6 months? Wow...no wonder the 2nd hand market is almost as high as new. Been quoted £49k for a brand new coast, but waiting 6 months is hard to bare. I've been seeing second hand ones more expensive than new!! Crazy times.

6 months? Wow...no wonder the 2nd hand market is almost as high as new. Been quoted £49k for a brand new coast, but waiting 6 months is hard to bare. I've been seeing second hand ones more expensive than new!! Crazy times.
One other point - assuming you got that price from DTD/ Autoebid, £49k is the basic Coast with zero options. I suspect you’re comparing to second hand Oceans with quite a bit more spec. That said, I agree the second hand prices are fairly close and typically always have been

One other point - assuming you got that price from DTD/ Autoebid, £49k is the basic Coast with zero options. I suspect you’re comparing to second hand Oceans with quite a bit more spec. That said, I agree the second hand prices are fairly close and typically always have been

Yes the £49k price I got was on a basic Coast....In an ideal world id like a lot of the extras, but my thinking is that I'll be keeping the van 2 years and I wanted to do it the cheapest way possible. After looking hard into the 2nd hand prices of 1, 2, 3, 4 (etc) years old vehicles...I noticed that you don't really get back all the money you pay for extras when you sell, so I will buy new basic for £49k and in 2 years I reckon I'd get £46k for the van, so the whole venture has only cost £4k AND I've got a new van for 2 years with no previous owners.

The ONLY snag holding me back is the wait times of up to 6 months!! Kinda takes the edge of it. I know that's through winter, but I'd probably use it all year round.

The other idea was to wait for the depths of winter and hope the 2nd hand prices come down....

I just resent paying £46k for a 2 year old vehicle when I can get a brand new one for £49.

Decisions decisions

Yes the £49k price I got was on a basic Coast....In an ideal world id like a lot of the extras, but my thinking is that I'll be keeping the van 2 years and I wanted to do it the cheapest way possible. After looking hard into the 2nd hand prices of 1, 2, 3, 4 (etc) years old vehicles...I noticed that you don't really get back all the money you pay for extras when you sell, so I will buy new basic for £49k and in 2 years I reckon I'd get £46k for the van, so the whole venture has only cost £4k AND I've got a new van for 2 years with no previous owners.

The ONLY snag holding me back is the wait times of up to 6 months!! Kinda takes the edge of it. I know that's through winter, but I'd probably use it all year round.

The other idea was to wait for the depths of winter and hope the 2nd hand prices come down....

I just resent paying £46k for a 2 year old vehicle when I can get a brand new one for £49.

Decisions decisions
I don’t think you’ll be far out with your estimation, if you can get a new basic one for £49k, pretty sure you’ll get around 45 grand after a couple of years.

Go for it... I just bet you wont be able to resist at least one item from the options list!!! :D

Decisions decisions
I agree you don’t get back all the money you spend on extras, but it definitely makes it easier to sell and in the meantime you get the enjoyment from them. Personally I would get a few options that I felt would be nice. If you’re spending £49k it’s not exactly cheap anyway, so another couple of grand isn’t a massive difference. Just my opinion of course.

Decisions decisions
Yes I found I was looking at 3 year old vans for a similar price of a new van. The new Coast I've ordered is 53k with spec on everything I want/need, it was a no brainer for me when comparing it to a 3 year old van with 30k ish on the clock, albeit an Ocean.

I'm happy with waiting 4-6 months as it'll be ready for spring.

Out of interest where do you go with it in winter ? Do you wild camp ?

Back