Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

October Price increase

Interesting item from Which?
Doesn't really cover vans, more about cars, but the attitude of VW appears different to most of the other manufacturers in terms of passing on price increases to already ordered vehicles.
That’s a really interesting article, about the best I’ve seen on this subject. Thanks for sharing.

Personally I think the elephant in the room regarding future prices of a Cali will be a global recession, when times are hard one of the first sectors to be hit is the luxury car market.

Personally I think the elephant in the room regarding future prices of a Cali will be a global recession, when times are hard one of the first sectors to be hit is the luxury car market.

Absolutely agree which is why Ive been dithering so much about my purchase!
Its impossible to predict anything at the moment other than a lot of gloom.
However, personally I believe the pandemic is going to put a massive halt on foreign travel & a surge on UK holidays - even more than this year. Ive not been one for foreign holidays - too busy slogging at work & thats where my life is about to change hence my purchase.
I think the odds are more likely that prices will go down but that very much depends on VWs strategy to weather the storm.
Tbh its anybodys guess what is around this godforsaken corner!

Agreed |Jenny and we all have to cut our cloth accordingly for us it's a wait and see game we still have a folding camper we can use which owes us nothing as we have had it nearly 20 years.

I would love to order a new Coast with some extras that would spec it to the same standard of our old T6 Ocean (minus the hydraulic roof) but in these uncertain times I would rather keep the cash just in case even though it's doing next to nothing with regards to interest.

Agreed |Jenny and we all have to cut our cloth accordingly for us it's a wait and see game we still have a folding camper we can use which owes us nothing as we have had it nearly 20 years.

I would love to order a new Coast with some extras that would spec it to the same standard of our old T6 Ocean (minus the hydraulic roof) but in these uncertain times I would rather keep the cash just in case even though it's doing next to nothing with regards to interest.
You suffering from seller’s remorse @Karlos?

You are being very sensible & wise.
Me - having lived 5 decades cautiously & doing what is expected of me - I am throwing my caution to the wind & going for it! I might live to regret it but hey ho time will tell & fingers all crossed I wont!!

Since the second it left my drive but it was the correct decision in these uncertain times:(

Oh thats sad Karlos :(
Ive got to sell my car & horse lorry to put towards my purchase but keep justifying it all by telling myself its cheaper that a divorce which is what a whole heap of my friends & relatives are currently doing!, & having never had a big white wedding all those years ago Im justifying it that way too. In fact any which way I can Im justifying it :D

Oh thats sad Karlos :(
Ive got to sell my car & horse lorry to put towards my purchase but keep justifying it all by telling myself its cheaper that a divorce which is what a whole heap of my friends & relatives are currently doing!, & having never had a big white wedding all those years ago Im justifying it that way too. In fact any which way I can Im justifying it :D
Can't wait to see the pictures of you trying to get a horse into a Cali Jenny. :bananadance2

Can't wait to see the pictures of you trying to get a horse into a Cali Jenny. :bananadance2

Haha yes that would be a first for the forum Im sure!
Downsizing to a trailer so my daughter can do the towing - did consider going for 4WD to tow but couldnt bear the thought of all the mess in my precious Cali!!!

Haha yes that would be a first for the forum Im sure!
Downsizing to a trailer so my daughter can do the towing - did consider going for 4WD to tow but couldnt bear the thought of all the mess in my precious Cali!!!
If you can get 2 Llamas in a hatchback I'm sure you could get a small horse in a California.

If you can get 2 Llamas in a hatchback I'm sure you could get a small horse in a California.

:D omg youd never believe that would be possible, so yes Id easily get our Shitland in our Cali but not a chance when Ive got that lovely vinyl floor!!

:D omg youd never believe that would be possible, so yes Id easily get our Shitland in our Cali but not a chance when Ive got that lovely vinyl floor!!
Did you mean Shetland Jenny?

Yes the £49k price I got was on a basic Coast....In an ideal world id like a lot of the extras, but my thinking is that I'll be keeping the van 2 years and I wanted to do it the cheapest way possible. After looking hard into the 2nd hand prices of 1, 2, 3, 4 (etc) years old vehicles...I noticed that you don't really get back all the money you pay for extras when you sell, so I will buy new basic for £49k and in 2 years I reckon I'd get £46k for the van, so the whole venture has only cost £4k AND I've got a new van for 2 years with no previous owners.

The ONLY snag holding me back is the wait times of up to 6 months!! Kinda takes the edge of it. I know that's through winter, but I'd probably use it all year round.

The other idea was to wait for the depths of winter and hope the 2nd hand prices come down....

I just resent paying £46k for a 2 year old vehicle when I can get a brand new one for £49.

Decisions decisions
I was told delivery of 4-6 months when I enquired about an Ocean last month. We placed order beginning of September and have a build date of 1st week in Nov and delivery into UK mid December. So, much quicker than estimates VW are telling dealers to give.

I was told delivery of 4-6 months when I enquired about an Ocean last month. We placed order beginning of September and have a build date of 1st week in Nov and delivery into UK mid December. So, much quicker than estimates VW are telling dealers to give.
That's excellent. We ordered 11 September, but still waiting for a build date.

I have ordered and put money down on a demonstrator last month. Arrives Jan and available April.
Have been reassured that cost held at agreed orice prior to uplift

Went into dealers yesterday, was told if we ordered it pretty soon then there's a good chance it would come before 1st Jan. They also said if come 1st Jan the no deal brexit price adds 10% as touted, then they will allow you to cancel your order and get a deposit refund, which is very fair.

I've thrown a spanner in the works with my decision and now seen the Merc Marco Polo and The Ford Nugget - I'm more confused than ever now ....

Went into dealers yesterday, was told if we ordered it pretty soon then there's a good chance it would come before 1st Jan. They also said if come 1st Jan the no deal brexit price adds 10% as touted, then they will allow you to cancel your order and get a deposit refund, which is very fair.

I've thrown a spanner in the works with my decision and now seen the Merc Marco Polo and The Ford Nugget - I'm more confused than ever now ....
IMO the Cali will hold it's value better than the Ford or the Merc over a longer period.

Which dealer was that?

They also said if come 1st Jan the no deal brexit price adds 10% as touted, then they will allow you to cancel your order and get a deposit refund, which is very fair.

It won't be 10%

Back