Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price increase due

Prompted by this post, my sister has just ordered an Ocean on autoebid and they checked with the dealer and apparently prices go up next Monday and it’ll go through at today's price:

Volkswagen California MPV M1 2.0TDI BMT 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Ocean DSG Auto7 
Options:
Paint - Solid - Cherry Red - GBP 0.00
Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation - GBP 336.00
Awning - Black Rail and Housing - GBP 462.00
Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat - GBP 276.00
Outdoor Shower Connection - GBP 300.00

Total cost of vehicle £55,083.81

I hope she's doing the right thing as she's recently widowed.

Hi Liaoyang,
I don’t think your sister should be too concerned about whether she is doing the right thing or not. This is a question I had asked myself before purchasing. After doing my homework on the second hand prices and how well they held. Also the price rises which seem to be a regular thing now, she would have no problem selling it if she found it was not for her.

But if like me, I am sure she will enjoy every minute of ownership and the many adventures to come.

I understand what you say about the accessories and where do you stop, I did go a bit mad myself in this area. Spent far too much.
I had the DSG box but probably would have been just as happy with manual.
To me and of course it’s personal choice but those sensors for parking and the reverse camera are probably the the best accessory for the pennies spent. I don’t know how I have managed without in the past.
The awning is a must. Also I too have the heat insulated privacy glass. There was no shower connection when I bought mine so I can’t comment on that.

I also purchased other accessories but what I have mentioned above are probably my real value for money.

The other thing is if the special deals are still available to the new purchaser. Would be the extended warranty (another two years) and definitely the service package. I had this included at new, I think for £179 for four services (2big and 2 minor) it even included the cost of the first MOT.

There will be others that have a different view to me but I hope it helps to support the choices already made and given a heads up on other accessories that may be of value to your sister

Shadrack

Thanks @Shadrack : she bought it with the spec above plus the dealer talked her into getting “Interior light concept for camper with comfort plus in passenger compartment” whatever that means. £54,716 in total.

Thanks @Shadrack : she bought it with the spec above plus the dealer talked her into getting “Interior light concept for camper with comfort plus in passenger compartment” whatever that means. £54,716 in total.

Hi Iiaoyang,
The spec that you sister has ordered for me is pretty solid and I don’t think anything there will be regretted, all very nice additions that I am sure will be enjoyed. I can’t comment on the shower or bed extension as these weren’t available when I ordered mine. The rest of the accessories ordered were as my order albeit different a colour scheme.

The main thing now will be to enjoy when it arrives and not worry should I have this or that or remove this... etc... the base vehicle is good and what you or your sister has added will make it a great piece of kit.

By the way I ain’t no dealer or sales person. Just someone the is really enjoying a new way of living......

Back