Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price increase due

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone, Just aheads up. I just had an email from Autoebid stating that there will be a price increase next week on the California Ocean and Beach. VW are also offering a loyalty discount to any current owners looking to upgrade.

Loyalty discount...???
Sounds like a slow down on the horizon.

I believe increase is 1.5% on Wednesday and loyalty bonus is upto £2,500 but you do need your V5C in your name.

Loyalty discount...???
Sounds like a slow down on the horizon.
"slow down"? I have heard that the German car industry are terrified about Brexit and specifically a potential hard Brexit with tariffs etc. (Don't shoot me! I am only reporting what I was told by a dealer!)

Have a look at the actual amount of vehicles Vw import to this country. It’s shocking!

Just been browsing the t6 forum, thread on there about base vehicle prices. Have to say I'm really surprised, talk of paying 46+ k for a reasonably well specced t6 - ready to be converted. Thats an awful lot of money to let someone attack with an angle grinder! Calis are lots of money, far too much in reality, but that has really surprised me, no wonder VW are able to offer a loyalty discount - it's all in the branding!

Those marketing folks are earning their money!!!!!!!!!!

"slow down"? I have heard that the German car industry are terrified about Brexit and specifically a potential hard Brexit with tariffs etc. (Don't shoot me! I am only reporting what I was told by a dealer!)

I bet they are.
Britain’s love of German cars must support a lot of German jobs. That’s why a free trade agreement works for all.
If we have less money, we are going to buy less cars.
It’s about time for a correction, I think the prices especially California are bordering insanity...

Second most important market next to North America I heard!

Just been browsing the t6 forum, thread on there about base vehicle prices. Have to say I'm really surprised, talk of paying 46+ k for a reasonably well specced t6 - ready to be converted. Thats an awful lot of money to let someone attack with an angle grinder! Calis are lots of money, far too much in reality, but that has really surprised me, no wonder VW are able to offer a loyalty discount - it's all in the branding!
And what does that angle grinder do to VW corrosion warranty? :Nailbiting

I assume this is just VW branded. When you look at all the rest like seat, porsche, skoda etc etc I bet they are worried. I will certainly endeavour to buy a car made in the UK or our future trading partners if we are screwed over. Trouble is products like the california dont have a UK built equivalent.

Prompted by this post, my sister has just ordered an Ocean on autoebid and they checked with the dealer and apparently prices go up next Monday and it’ll go through at today's price:

Volkswagen California MPV M1 2.0TDI BMT 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Ocean DSG Auto7 
Options:
Paint - Solid - Cherry Red - GBP 0.00
Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation - GBP 336.00
Awning - Black Rail and Housing - GBP 462.00
Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat - GBP 276.00
Outdoor Shower Connection - GBP 300.00

Total cost of vehicle £55,083.81

I hope she's doing the right thing as she's recently widowed.

Prompted by this post, my sister has just ordered an Ocean on autoebid and they checked with the dealer and apparently prices go up next Monday and it’ll go through at today's price:

Volkswagen California MPV M1 2.0TDI BMT 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Ocean DSG Auto7 
Options:
Paint - Solid - Cherry Red - GBP 0.00
Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation - GBP 336.00
Awning - Black Rail and Housing - GBP 462.00
Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat - GBP 276.00
Outdoor Shower Connection - GBP 300.00

Total cost of vehicle £55,083.81

I would also get her to add parking sensors, essential option especially for resale

A new life.

Let's not go too far :offtopic but:
Plus app connect if there is no SatNav

I agree but she doesn't even have a smartphone. I think you can get it enabled for £300 later if she sells it.

A new life.

Thanks Rik, I hope she's not on the rebound and have tried endlessly to talk her out of it. She has 4 grandchildren that will love it tho.

I would also get her to add parking sensors, essential option especially for resale

Yes thanks Martin but where do you stop? She's already added £1,374 of extras. I'll let her know. I've suggested the extended warranty.

Wishing all the best to your Sister. The California is great and the only regret is that we didn't buy one sooner.

Incidentally, we're buying a CH-R via AutoEbid.

If I look at the prices now here in Belgium, an Ocean (the same as the T5.1 comfortline) is over € 10000 more for the same options and equipment as my California. :eek:
I think I will drive on with mine for a couple of more years.

Basically we are all driving a T5 from 2003. Just another front, back and dashboard. (apart from interior colors)

Let's not go too far :offtopic but:

I agree but she doesn't even have a smartphone. I think you can get it enabled for £300 later if she sells it.

Thanks Rik, I hope she's not on the rebound and have tried endlessly to talk her out of it. She has 4 grandchildren that will love it tho.

Yes thanks Martin but where do you stop? She's already added £1,374 of extras. I'll let her know. I've suggested the extended warranty.
Grandchildren do love it I can’t keep out of mine

Back