Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price increase due

I never use mine and generally forget about it except when hitching a trailer.
Like Amorillo, I use the rear view camera a lot. It has gotten me out of some really difficult manoeuvring issues.

Wow! I use our rear view camera more than the parking sensors. But I nearly always reverse into car park spaces.
Me too - rear view camera top of the list for me!
@liaoyang has your sister driven your Cali? Might be worth her going somewhere quiet and having a drive/try parking etc to see how important they are to her?

Me too - rear view camera top of the list for me!
@liaoyang has your sister driven your Cali? Might be worth her going somewhere quiet and having a drive/try parking etc to see how important they are to her?
I offered and was put in my place and told that she was very capable as she drove an LWB Iveco Daily around Kent for charity work and great whites in NZ. I can do no more.

I suppose I do use the camera subconsciously, especially when I think I can get closer than the parking sensors are telling me.

If I look at the prices now here in Belgium, an Ocean (the same as the T5.1 comfortline) is over € 10000 more for the same options and equipment as my California. :eek:
I think I will drive on with mine for a couple of more years.

Basically we are all driving a T5 from 2003. Just another front, back and dashboard. (apart from interior colors)
And engine..

"So what have VW ever given us, eh? Nothing!!"
"Well, they changed the front end"
"Ok, but apart from the front end, what have they given us? Nothing!!"
"Oh and the new backends nice."
"yeah ok, so, the front and the back, but what have they ever given us, eh?"
"The dashboard"
"Well obviously the dashboard, but apart from that, the frontend, and the backend, what have they EVER given us?"
"the engines new too isnt it?"
"What? What? Argh!"

:Iamsorry I couldnt resist lol. I'll get me coat...

"So what have VW ever given us, eh? Nothing!!"
"Well, they changed the front end"
"Ok, but apart from the front end, what have they given us? Nothing!!"
"Oh and the new backends nice."
"yeah ok, so, the front and the back, but what have they ever given us, eh?"
"The dashboard"
"Well obviously the dashboard, but apart from that, the frontend, and the backend, what have they EVER given us?"
"the engines new too isnt it?"
"What? What? Argh!"

:Iamsorry I couldnt resist lol. I'll get me coat...
Change given to charged for :Iamsorry same here.

My California makes me smile. I travel and explore in relative comfort and it was my choice of vehicle. Reading some comments makes me smile as if I was that unhappy I would sell and get something else. I will now get my coat
:Iamsorry

I think VW will struggle to sell me another one.

Yes, Sir have this one, we'll take yours and you can pay us £30k for a different grill, headlights and different crease lines on the rear door. Oh yes we also made the interior slightly less grey and you can have a clip in mug holder.

Happily upgrade if the new one had the following options:

Electronic handbrake or one that doesn't require you to release it to turn the seats
Air suspension as an factory option
More comfortable front seats (for me that is but not a deal breaker)
An air conditioning system that can work on hook up power as well as driven by the engine in normal mode.
Hybrid

Yes, Sir have this one, we'll take yours and you can pay us £30k for a different grill, headlights and different crease lines on the rear door. Oh yes we also made the interior slightly less grey and you can have a clip in mug holder.

Electronic handbrake or one that doesn't require you to release it to turn the seats
An air conditioning system that can work on hook up power as well as driven by the engine in normal mode.

I like the idea of Aircon on hook-up ;)

Have just had a quote through today including the £2.5k Loyalty Bonus, although no confirmation of whether this will remain when the T6.1 arrives. Discounts seems to be around the same mark as when we bought two years ago.

Hybrid
I like your ideas.

Hybrid
Electronic handbrak for the seat: ok
Air suspension? Costly when breakdown.., maybe more comfort.
I think the front seat is one of the best I had already. I can drive for 400 km non stop without the feeling that I am broken. This is of course personal.
Air conditioning on hook up might be possible on hybrid, full electric. Then the compressor is electric powered and not belt powered.

Just FYI that the people supplying vehicles via autoebid are Swansway Liverpool VW

Just FYI that the people supplying vehicles via autoebid are Swansway Liverpool VW
How does the discount with autoebid compare with dealer discounts??

How does the discount with autoebid compare with dealer discounts??
Well you would have thought that VW Liverpool would give you a bigger discount if you went direct as autoebid will be taking a cut but I guess they’re on a fleet rate.

My sister contacted a few dealers for a better deal and they couldn’t be bothered to get back to her.

Well you would have thought that VW Liverpool would give you a bigger discount if you went direct as autoebid will be taking a cut but I guess they’re on a fleet rate.

My sister contacted a few dealers for a better deal and they couldn’t be bothered to get back to her.
Thanks, Swansway group must sell the most Cali's in the UK I'm sure, so probably more about volume of sales than margins.

Have just had a quote through today including the £2.5k Loyalty Bonus, although no confirmation of whether this will remain when the T6.1 arrives. Discounts seems to be around the same mark as when we bought two years ago.
Just out of interest, have you got any info on the 2.5k loyalty bonus? Took a quick look online and found mention of £750 bonus on the Cali.

Just out of interest, have you got any info on the 2.5k loyalty bonus? Took a quick look online and found mention of £750 bonus on the Cali.
Only that (a) you need to be able to demonstrate that you still own a VW commercial vehicle, and have owned it for a minimum of six months, and (b) that it will expire in June when the T6.1 pricing comes out (confirmed by email yesterday).

It's just a means of VW shifting stockpiles of T6-specific parts before T6.1 goes into production.

Just been browsing the t6 forum, thread on there about base vehicle prices. Have to say I'm really surprised, talk of paying 46+ k for a reasonably well specced t6 - ready to be converted. Thats an awful lot of money to let someone attack with an angle grinder! Calis are lots of money, far too much in reality, but that has really surprised me, no wonder VW are able to offer a loyalty discount - it's all in the branding!
If you see what UK customers pay compared to EU customers. A discount is definitely in order. How much discount do dealers generally offer in the UK on Cali's. Over here you can get 12 procent off. According to our dealer even Germans are buying cali's in Belgium because they get better deals!

Hi everyone, Just aheads up. I just had an email from Autoebid stating that there will be a price increase next week on the California Ocean and Beach. VW are also offering a loyalty discount to any current owners looking to upgrade.
Would it be wise to buy a diesel vehicle now?

Would it be wise to buy a diesel vehicle now?
Diesels will be with us for at least 20 years. Scaremongering aside the truth is diesels are as good for the environment as any powered vehicle. When you hear of the fuel use by planes and the amount of flights we become a lesser evil.

Back