Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

October Price increase

We ordered 3 weeks ago and didn’t get that disclaimer.....interesting.
Don’t worry Phil if the ordered OTR price increases you have the right to cancel, I checked with Guy and it is on their T&C’s it is one of your Consumers Rights I believe.

Yes I found I was looking at 3 year old vans for a similar price of a new van. The new Coast I've ordered is 53k with spec on everything I want/need, it was a no brainer for me when comparing it to a 3 year old van with 30k ish on the clock, albeit an Ocean.

I'm happy with waiting 4-6 months as it'll be ready for spring.

Out of interest where do you go with it in winter ? Do you wild camp ?
Plenty of campsites open during winter although capacity maybe reduced to hardstanding pitches only.

Yes I found I was looking at 3 year old vans for a similar price of a new van. The new Coast I've ordered is 53k with spec on everything I want/need, it was a no brainer for me when comparing it to a 3 year old van with 30k ish on the clock, albeit an Ocean.

I'm happy with waiting 4-6 months as it'll be ready for spring.

Thats exactly what I thought too - just ordered our Coast!

Tell me more, what spec and colour did you go for ? I love to hear what other people have chosen !

:) after much deliberation we've gone for - mojave, davenports, mattress, large fuel tank & battery, climatronic 2nd heater, comfort lighting, vinyl floor, panorama window - think thats it! far too much choice with the hardest being the colour!!

:) after much deliberation we've gone for - mojave, davenports, mattress, large fuel tank & battery, climatronic 2nd heater, comfort lighting, vinyl floor, panorama window - think thats it! far too much choice with the hardest being the colour!!
Brilliant. Mojave is ace :cool:
We went round in circles with the colour choice. Loved Mojave the first time we saw one, then went on to white, grey, red. Didn’t see a Mojave at all the dealers we visited. So it has the advantage of not being common. Oh and I’m not adding the B word whenever I discuss the colour. It’s certainly not that colour!!

Brilliant. Mojave is ace :cool:
We went round in circles with the colour choice. Loved Mojave the first time we saw one, then went on to white, grey, red. Didn’t see a Mojave at all the dealers we visited. So it has the advantage of not being common. Oh and I’m not adding the B word whenever I discuss the colour. It’s certainly not that colour!!
Haha no B words allowed on here!
Me too when I saw it on a Caravelle I thought how smart it looked offset against the black parts.
Yes I was torn with grey as well - love the 2 tones but going for stealth camping!!

To be honest this will be our first foray into camper vans....This year will be the first time in my working life that I will have 2 weeks off over Xmas, so the plan was to head off to southern France/Spain in the Cali.....problem is a new one won't be delivered by then and with 2nd hand prices way too high for my liking, I'm in a quandary.

I was told Today when I placed my order, could be around the £1500 mark depending on spec of vehicle ordered. Hope that helps. :thumb

I was told Today when I placed my order, could be around the £1500 mark depending on spec of vehicle ordered. Hope that helps. :thumb
I’d go back to them and tell them not to profiteer it is a flat £1056 inclusive of VAT across the range, nothing to do with spec according to all announcements. They do duck and dive.:)

I’d go back to them and tell them not to profiteer it is a flat £1056 inclusive of VAT across the range, nothing to do with spec according to all announcements. They do duck and dive.:)
Exactly what i was told today.. £1056 inc VAT

Nearly ordered an Ocean myself.

Never really considered going from my Beach to an Ocean until yesterday but after discussing a deal with the extremely helpful Martin at SMG, I just couldn’t get time to talk to my partner and get her agreement in time!

Hello everyone, we have been procrastinating over ordering a new California but can happily say that we took the plunge today. The October 1st price increase is indeed correct and confirmed at 880+vat due to vw passing on some cost associated with adding additional hardware to the engine to tighten up on emissions regulations.
VW added additions in the past to reduce emissions, that didn't go well did it;)

The colour is definately the hardest decision, I nearly went for Mojave- great colour- but had a last minute switch to Starlight blue

The colour is definately the hardest decision, I nearly went for Mojave- great colour- but had a last minute switch to Starlight blue
Indeed, I was struggling to decide but my good lady wanted candy white/bay leaf green. Looks smart but I would have gone for the Iridium Grey if I had my way.

To be honest, he did quote between £1000 & £1500, I’m assuming he quoted the later to put a little easy assistance on the sale. I’d agreed and ordered the vehicle already to be fair, he was trying to assist me to ensure I didn’t pay the extra.

To be honest, he did quote between £1000 & £1500, I’m assuming he quoted the later to put a little easy assistance on the sale. I’d agreed and ordered the vehicle already to be fair, he was trying to assist me to ensure I didn’t pay the extra.
Sounds like he was struggling to multiply £880 x 1.2, so estimated between £1000 and £1500... ;)

Anyone know a bit more about the increase? What is it that they are doing for the extra £1k and if you ordered before price increase, is this not provided?

Anyone know a bit more about the increase? What is it that they are doing for the extra £1k and if you ordered before price increase, is this not provided?
One of the dealers (Breeze Poole) kindly took the time to inform us on the forum recently. It's to do with the change in the emissions test and the extra 'stuff' needed to tweak the vehicle so it passes.

One of the dealers (Breeze Poole) kindly took the time to inform us on the forum recently. It's to do with the change in the emissions test and the extra 'stuff' needed to tweak the vehicle so it passes.
If you order before increase does it not comme with it?

If you order before increase does it not comme with it?
I believe its just a general price increase to cover the development costs associated with the emissions requirements.

You dont get anything.

If you ordered prior to increase on 1st Oct, you shouldn’t pay any extra.

I believe its just a general price increase to cover the development costs associated with the emissions requirements.

You dont get anything.

If you ordered prior to increase on 1st Oct, you shouldn’t pay any extra.

Thats correct, we ordered our Cali on the 29th September to avoid the increase.

Even though we won’t see it till February the pre increase price stands.

My conspiracy theory is that they have just made something up to bring the price back up to the pre-VED reduction price as they know people will pay it.

My conspiracy theory is that they have just made something up to bring the price back up to the pre-VED reduction price as they know people will pay it.

I can appreciate why you may feel that way. One of my very good friends worked for an accounting firm in London (Obviously not going to mention it). Their firm were engaged by VW/Audi to do all the financial work with regards the emmisions scandal. If I remember righty his team of 30, yes 30! people were flown out to the head office every week and were paid expenses for hotels and meal etc. He worked on the scheme for nearly 3 year. The expenses alone weekly for one person was in excess of £1000 per week. That's obviously before his salary is taken into consideration. I think the increase doesn't even come close to paying for the expense. He still works for the firm but requested being taken off the operation as there seemed to be no imminent end to the process. Just my 2 cents but thought that one operation was the tip of the iceberg. Hope that helps.

Interesting item from Which?
Doesn't really cover vans, more about cars, but the attitude of VW appears different to most of the other manufacturers in terms of passing on price increases to already ordered vehicles.

Back