Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Only ten left!

In related news, Mercedes Marco Polos are also selling like hot cakes. Glasgow Mercedes Benz sold their stock of two last week. Both vans had been there since October 2019.

The number of UK dealer available Marco Polo Horizons has reduced from around 20 to less than 5 in the last two weeks.

Campervan bonanza at the moment.
Word from the commercial van side is that vans at auction are going for typically £3,500 above book and getting their hands on a new one demands a price premium.
Anyone expecting a discount may find the market has gone the other way for some time to come.

Word from the commercial van side is that vans at auction are going for typically £3,500 above book and getting their hands on a new one demands a price premium.
Anyone expecting a discount may find the market has gone the other way for some time to come.
any one want a 69 plate Ocean?

Probably say it has lots of storage and is fully equipped without having to go and buy a mountain of stuff.;):Iamsorry

Of course its each to their own and we are not going down that road again.:cheers
Spot on, lots of storage, a bigger bed and as we prefer to cook outside and not cart a wardrobe around it’s the Beach knees for us :bananadance2

If VW were selling the T6.1 Beach what would it be registered as?
If a new Ocean is registered as a Motor Caravan with VED of? £270/yr then I presume a new Beach would be registered as a MPV, according to DVLA requirements and thus attract the £40,000 + premium for 5 years unlike the Ocean.

If a new Ocean is registered as a Motor Caravan with VED of? £270/yr then I presume a new Beach would be registered as a MPV, according to DVLA requirements and thus attract the £40,000 + premium for 5 years unlike the Ocean.
I'm surprised they get the Ocean registered as a Motor Caravan.
Going by DVLA it must have...

- a high-top roof (this does not include a pop-top elevating roof)

Motor Caravan...must describe what a vehicle looks like in traffic. This description, as well as other distinguishing features, allows the police and other enforcement agencies to easily identify vehicles.

Also, Beach, doesn't have cooking facilities,
This is for 'converting a vehicle'...maybe they get round it because it's the first registration.

Only 5 on the VW Website now!
(+ 1 Coast and 1 Ocean)

35121EF9-9181-42D2-9111-87EBCC11E15A.png

I'm surprised they get the Ocean registered as a Motor Caravan.
Going by DVLA it must have...

- a high-top roof (this does not include a pop-top elevating roof)

Motor Caravan...must describe what a vehicle looks like in traffic. This description, as well as other distinguishing features, allows the police and other enforcement agencies to easily identify vehicles.

Also, Beach, doesn't have cooking facilities,
This is for 'converting a vehicle'...maybe they get round it because it's the first registration.

I agree. But if they don't there will be a lot of unhappy owners of new T6. 1s who are awaiting their vehicles because that's what it states in the latest brochure and price list.

& at least 5 Grand California’s listed by dealers on FB marketplace.

Interesting question. The current rules state:

"The body type information held on the vehicle record must describe what a vehicle looks like in traffic. This description, as well as other distinguishing features, allows the police and other enforcement agencies to easily identify vehicles."

Since the Ocean and Beach variants look almost identical in traffic they should, based on this definition, be taxed the same.

Since the Beach isn't a conversion are the rules stated on Willwanders Link in post #60 above, appropriate? Those rules state, amongst other things, that the cooking facilities must be fixed to the van. So IF the DVLA are applying those rules to determine the taxation class of the Beach, any imported T6-1 would throw up a problem. Since there are two T6-1 Beach variants, one with a fixed stove and a second with a second sliding door instead, would they have two different taxation classes?

Having a 2019 Beach I think mine is classed as an MPV. So I will have to pay the sky high VED rate for the next few years. Whilst I'd rather be paying the lesser MC/MH rate there is one advantage. Being an MPV my vehicle isn't officially a campervan. At a time when signs seem to be sprouting up all over the place restricting access or parking to camper vans or motorhomes, I should be OK. Having said that it won't stop me from being challenged or even ticketed.

Now down to three and one of those is reserved.

Well, when I get round to registering my 6.1 Beach (it’s insured and currently on 90 day German export plates) I could copy VAG UK’s lead as they should know ;) and register as per the VAG press 6.1 Cali ie an MPV. I wont fill out the V55/5 with an incorrect low road tax and super low emissions caravan...1AFB0CCE-7F85-49B3-901B-956D10F7D51C.png

Well, when I get round to registering my 6.1 Beach (it’s insured and currently on 90 day German export plates) I could copy VAG UK’s lead as they should know ;) and register as per the VAG press 6.1 Cali ie an MPV. I wont fill out the V55/5 with an incorrect low road tax and super low emissions caravan...View attachment 61979
Does your T6 -1 have the inbuilt pull out stove?

There are other tax issues, as you know HMRC do not allow anything camper as a way of allowing a low or zero rated benefit in kind commercial vehicle on your company books, this doesn’t make any difference to me but registering your Beach 6.1 as a list price below £40,000 low VED Transporter would be evasion rather than avoidance methinks

Now down to three and one of those is reserved.
And the little one said, roll over !

There going like hot cakes, none on the forum for sale

What do VW know ?

I’m waiting for them all to sell out, then I’m sticking my Edition up for 100k..
Definitely good value. Especially as it still has 35.5 months of factory warranty left.
Will sell in 15mins tops..

60K to be the second owner of a Beach, yikes.

Back