Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Only ten left!

I’m waiting for them all to sell out, then I’m sticking my Edition up for 100k..
Definitely good value. Especially as it still has 35.5 months of factory warranty left.
Will sell in 15mins tops..

Let me know when yours has gone and I’ll put my Edition up for sale next. There can’t be many Beach Editions around, can there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me know when yours has gone and I’ll put my Edition up for sale next. There can’t be many Beach Editions around, can there?

32 in the UK - a reasonable number given all the same spec.

32 in the UK - a reasonable number given all the same spec.

That’s a few more than I thought. (No idea why).
Is there a public place to look and see how many of each model are in the UK or is it a VW system?
Mine has the wheel on the wrong side and is different spec I guess.

That’s a few more than I thought. (No idea why).
Is there a public place to look and see how many of each model are in the UK or is it a VW system?
Mine has the wheel on the wrong side and is different spec I guess.

Yes, originally 80 units for UK market according to Auto Express :-

This is the Volkswagen California Edition – a limited-run version of the brand’s iconic camper van. Just 80 examples will come to the UK, adding styling and equipment upgrades to both Beach and Ocean models

I believe that there were originally 40 Ocean Editions and 40 Beach Editions (UK RHD)!

That Autocar article regarding value for money makes me laugh.

If I recall correctly, the Beach Edition was about 5 grand more than a standard Beach.. As all of the included options came to around 8 grand, I thought the Edition was actually good value at the time!

I also believe its the only Special Edition Beach that VW released for the T6.

Seems strange that I may have one of only a handful of Beach Edition 204ps 4motion DSG in the UK when VW sell so many of these in Europe (I chose from stock). VW are missing a trick that’s for sure.

I was considering selling mine and switching to the dark side (6.1 Ocean) but It looks as though, if I sold now I’d struggle to get a replacement for some time.

Just 100% percent more options than the Camping Beach 6.1 on which door to slide open
Nice one, we’ve prefer the dual doors to the pull out stove.

Shame you can’t choose a left hand slider and slidey kitchen on the right.

We don't all live in the Welsh Hills, as beautiful as they are in the rain :)

And, when not closed in lockdown, aren't pubs meant for rainy nights?
Depends if your near a pub.

Where do you cook when it's raining though ie about 75% of the time........
Under the roll out awning, or using the Comfort awning room which is excellent as you can erect as few or all of the panels you wish, under the tailgate, we’ve never had a problem. Be interesting to ask the same question of all the Ocean owners that never cook in their van :bananadance2

If you have to, you can cook perfectly well inside a Beach in just the same way as in an SE/Ocean. You obviously need a suitable cooker but apart from that there's little difference. The same rules apply e.g don't do it if there are children or animals thumping around inside. Don't do it if the upstairs is occupied. Ensure adequate ventilation.

As a Beach owner who has previously owned an SE I can confirm that there isn't anything that you can do in an SE/Ocean that cannot be done in a Beach. You can cook inside, outside or eat elsewhere entirely.

Only 1 left now on VW website!
June 2020 registered at Breeze.

D43D8F3F-DC9D-4146-9ACC-759B36A6EC20.png

EFCA6C11-6F67-4961-9F3E-582B1AF7F735.png

If you have to, you can cook perfectly well inside a Beach in just the same way as in an SE/Ocean. You obviously need a suitable cooker but apart from that there's little difference. The same rules apply e.g don't do it if there are children or animals thumping around inside. Don't do it if the upstairs is occupied. Ensure adequate ventilation.

As a Beach owner who has previously owned an SE I can confirm that there isn't anything that you can do in an SE/Ocean that cannot be done in a Beach. You can cook inside, outside or eat elsewhere entirely.
Why do Ocean owners ask us where we cook when it’s raining? Don’t they have a cooker inside? We hook the table in the inside rail, slap down a 14€ decathalon cooker and are cooking in the same place and at the same height as they do, with quite a bit more work space to prepare and serve. Conditions, as Borris says, are basically the same. I didn’t realize that was hard to imagine.

0D6C66D9-7776-4D77-AB13-8069A48B5FC6.png

Last edited:
Why do Ocean owners ask us where we cook when it’s raining? Don’t they have a cooker inside? We hook the table in the inside rail, slap down a 14€ decathalon cooker and are cooking in the same place and at the same height as they do, with quite a bit more work space to prepare and serve. Conditions, as Borris says, are basically the same. I didn’t realize that was hard to imagine.

View attachment 62157
oooh that's what one looks like, I've always found those a bit thirsty on gas.

We bought an Ocean as there is now only 2 of us and Mrs K likes the storage, bigger bed in the beach didn't attract me because I would still end up squashed into a corner.

Although not a VW approved car, there is a TSI on autotrader for sale. Can't be many of those

£60k for a Beach ! :oops:
Times are changing. Beaches now cost more than Oceans. Dealers are disguising Oceans as Beaches to trick buyers. It won't be long until they start ripping the kitchens out to shift them. :cool:

Times are changing. Beaches now cost more than Oceans. Dealers are disguising Oceans as Beaches to trick buyers. It won't be long until they start ripping the kitchens out to shift them. :cool:
Then Beach owners can buy the kitchens and fit them so that they can get the vehicle they always dreamed of.!

Back