Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Option regrets?

Victor

Victor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Anyone have any opinion regrets?

Mine is LED headlamps, I wish I had chosen those over Discover Media as I prefer Google maps so never use the actual navigation system.

Sometimes think I should have gone for the shower connection, but may retrofit at some point.

I get you HC but if new threads are not created from time to time the forum community would die as it would just become a static pages of information.

I have taken your comments on board but I am sure there is no harm in repeated threads every now and then?

I've read the "options I didn't get that I wished I had" and it does seem slightly old now. Also can't believe people were even thinking about leaving keys in the vehicle even in the safe box.

I get you HC but if new threads are not created from time to time the forum community would die as it would just become a static pages of information.

I have taken your comments on board but I am sure there is no harm in repeated threads every now and then?

Ok then , just let us know when you think your tread is to old and we will delete it .
In the meantime i use the info that is allready availeble on this great forum and add new things to it .
But you are free to post a new tread .

None really, the base Ocean is a very good spec and I am happy with my compromise between extra toys and cost. I don't regret LED headlights (good though they are), given how expensive they were. I don't find the stock headlights too bad, but I intend to put brighter bulbs in myself at a later date (others on this forum have already done so, relatively inexpensively)

Charles

I DONT regret LED headlights (good though they are), given how expensive they were. I intend to put brighter bulbs in myself at a later date (others on this forum have already done so, relatively inexpensively)

Charles

Hey remember this thread is for regrets. You have to use the other thread for non-regrets :-D

I regret selling my Peugeot 205 for 150 quid. wish I'd kept it. does that count?

No regrets. Loaded with many goodies as I didn't want regrets. Side scan was probably a waste of money as it doesn't work when a tow bar is used, Driver alert has yet too work too. Oh and the sat nav is crap. But no regrets yet.

Agree, the navigation in the T6 is crap, thankfully with app connect we can use Waze or Google maps

Regrets? I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...

The extended warranty.

I didn't bother as generally only keep my cars for about a year. But 18 months in, I'm starting to wish I'd paid extra for the warranty extension

Another one for LED's, they are expensive but do loog good and after using the standard halogens over a full winter they are really pants, I have upgraded my halogens to the best bulbs but still not that brilliant.

I got a pre ordered Cali so had no option on the options but I would have liked adaptive cruise control if I had had the choice.

Thanks for this thread Victor .

Really useful for those ordering at this time. Regret,regret not ordering LEDs.
We didn't know about the awful halogen lights. Live on Dartmoor & visibilty at night down the country lane is not good. In fact we tend to use our C3 .

Last edited:
Both of our Californias so far have been demonstrators so we had no choice regarding spec. However, if I were ordering one now I would want the following options over what we currently have on our 150ps manual seven seat Beach:

DSG gearbox.
Much better head lights.
Radar assisted cruise.
Rear camera.
Bigger brakes. If still an option.
Bigger fuel tank.

Bigger brakes. If still an option.

I'm pretty sure the brakes on the 150 t6 are as big as the 204.

In fact I was quite alarmed the other day to notice the brake callipers are so large on the front they only clear the stick on balancing weights by literally around 2-3mm, so it would be impossible to fit bigger brakes without going to 18" wheels.

Wow! 15 x Agree's to my post, thanks guys!
I've belonged to various forums & it's nice to see one that's still busy. Questions are always going to be repeated but the joy is when the threads take different avenues & go off-topic. Reading old threads is useful but there needs to be a balance or people stop posting altogether & it just becomes an archive.

I've belonged to various forums & it's nice to see one that's still busy. Questions are always going to be repeated but the joy is when the threads take different avenues & go off-topic. Reading old threads is useful but there needs to be a balance or people stop posting altogether & it just becomes an archive.
Agreed. As in most things balance is the key. It's a judgement shout. Sometimes it's pretty clear the OP needs pointing in the right direction, sometimes combination of your own opinion and pointing in the right direction and sometimes a fresh look at an issue.
On occasions a plea to search may have been the wrong call or interpreted as such due to language or cultural differences but on balance these posts have been better than no response and made with good intention.

Diversity on the board is key and if you hang around long enough you soon get to know the style of the poster, there particular expertise and interpret accordingly.

Lovely sunny day here in the South West.

And sorry, back to the thread.

No regrets as spent far to long making sure and ticking lots of boxes

Mike

When I was looking to purchase I saw a Berghaus but it was 2 years old and the dealer in Guildford wanted really silly money for it. It was the end of the Summer so I sat tight and eventually bought mine from stock from a VW dealer that had gone bust but there was a choice. This one was specced as near to the Berghaus you could get and was an ex demonstrator for £3k less and inly a couple if months old. Haven't used the water system or the sink but they are hardly options. Cruise Control I could do without. MFSW I only use to put the sound on the radio up and down. Cali SatNav complete rubbish and actually use my Garmin (although it died on recent French trip).

Back