Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!! Hurray!!!

Just a quick bit of info for anyone who has the extended warranty or service option. I got mine through today as a PDF via email. So about 4weeks from pick up. 2 Services and 5 year/80,000 miles warranty. It's a slow start but I'll do my level best to hit the 80k first.

Mike

Door sill guards..........
Went to see dealer on Wednesday to order some dealer fit options including Door Sill Guards.

He told me that some Calis are being delivered with the film type door sill guards even though the customer had not ordered them - his advice? Don't order the moulded or film ones until you actually see your Cali just in case the film type has been fitted for free!
Mine came with plain black sill guards. I thought they were standard - are they not? They're a perfect match for the bumper protector that was part of my compensation package.

Just a quick bit of info for anyone who has the extended warranty or service option. I got mine through today as a PDF via email. So about 4weeks from pick up. 2 Services and 5 year/80,000 miles warranty. It's a slow start but I'll do my level best to hit the 80k first.

Mike
I think the extra two years warranty and 80k is a wise choice. Enjoy!

• Agree
Reactions: DM
Mine came with plain black sill guards. I thought they were standard - are they not? They're a perfect match for the bumper protector that was part of my compensation package.
They can still be fitted as a dealer fit option.......if not already factory fitted.

Mike
I have the email but was assured that it is not necessary as both the service plan and warranty are registered against the reg on VW's database. I got the dealer to print that off as well so I know that it all got registered properly. I agree - that it is a great deal. Can't remember what I paid but the service plan was hugely discounted for taking VW finance (which I settled 1 week later). Pretty sure I have 4 services in my plan - which is 8 years worth.

Mike
Mike what did you actually get in the pdf?
We went for the extended warranty and have received a paper supplementary invoice giving the vehicle details etc. but no other doccuments

Maybe the dealer fitted them at the same time as the bumper protector. Pretty sure they came from the factory though.
Quite possibly. If it were me? I wouldn't stress....all fitted, look great, time to move on.....enjoy your Cali :thumb:thumb
Life is short enough.......................so many things to do:)

Mike what did you actually get in the pdf?
We went for the extended warranty and have received a paper supplementary invoice giving the vehicle details etc. but no other doccuments
Nothing fancy. A PDF headed Service plan Agreement and basically an email confirming extended warranty information. Both with all the vehicle details, purchase date etc etc. Warranty in particular is not much more than an acknowledgement that it's being registered and the length of the warranty.

Edit:

Screenshot of document

13484b7b6e2b002bb69d4db388cc6cbb.png

Mike

Last edited:
Nothing fancy. A PDF headed Service plan Agreement and basically an email confirming extended warranty information. Both with all the vehicle details, purchase date etc etc. Warranty in particular is not much more than an acknowledgement that it's being registered and the length of the warranty.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Whilst my paper invoice looks totally different it seems to have similar details on it and recognise, but like you no specific warranty document.

Edit:

Screenshot of document

13484b7b6e2b002bb69d4db388cc6cbb.png

Mike
Hi Mike, just for my clarity did you buy a two year extension i.e. a total of 5 years or an extension of five years i.e. a total of 8? The wording on the document in your post appears (to me) to be slightly confusing.
Cheers JW

the total is 5 years, (80k) or an option at extra total 5 years and c125k

Hi Mike, just for my clarity did you buy a two year extension i.e. a total of 5 years or an extension of five years i.e. a total of 8? The wording on the document in your post appears (to me) to be slightly confusing.
Cheers JW

Attachments

• factory_extended_warranties.pdf
    406.8 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Mike.
Whilst my paper invoice looks totally different it seems to have similar details on it and recognise, but like you no specific warranty document.

I was in a similar position after delivery in January. Although I received a letter confirming my service plan I had nothing for the extended warranty. After checking/going round in circles with the dealer and VWCS it appears that eventually the extended warranty date will be shown on the VW computer vehicle record. To provide me with written confirmation beyond the line entry on the vehicle purchase invoice, the dealer gave me a printout similar to the PDF one sent to Mike (T6 CFO).

Just collected Molly from the Detailer in Weston Super Mare.
Got to say I knew nothing about detailing before embarking on buying the Cali and I am stunned by the difference. Pictures taken with my phone below will never do it justice. Whole vehicle carpets interior the lot protected with Gtechniq products.
I'll shut up now. Breakfast roll and cup of tea time on Portishead front

fb584fb27d7161ff1400e2f7b1ec7bd8.jpg

b35b1085153184332a571a121dd2eb60.jpg

6522615bda22f09cbe748103686e6ee4.jpg

Mike
Very shiney Mike . Are you sure you want to get it dirty ?

Very shiney Mike . Are you sure you want to get it dirty ?

You want to see it now Rob. Looks like a different motor I’ll be cleaning it tomorrow.

Mike

You want to see it now Rob. Looks like a different motor I’ll be cleaning it tomorrow.

Mike
You’ll have to explain this detailing malarkey to me on our trip T6 CFO . Had T32 rear springs fitted on Wed especially for towing . Van is transformed even when not towing . Have a good New York Trip . We flew from Bournemouth to New York and back a few years ago . Fantastic.

Back